Do you like the SG?

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Re:Do you like the SG?

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Sep 20, 11 5:57 AM
On my 2nd playing of this game, I see this is a nonlinear game, since it's playing out totally differently the 2nd time than on the 1st round.

What you do and the order in which you do it moves the game and the guide to different areas.

Hence it gets harder and harder to explain the guide.

Any walkthrough for this game will be different and difficult to put together.

The HOS are appearing at all different times, the 2nd time. Therefore my inventory is totally different than it was the 1st time I played the game. This is compounding the problems.

I even wonder if it will end the same way.

All the puzzles are the are same, they are just appearing at different times.

And I thought the 2nd time would be easier - WRONG

murder1
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by murder1 on Sep 20, 11 8:01 AM
nooo, stuck need to findlast pease to open trunck

[Post New]by LynHamilton on Sep 23, 11 6:10 PM
Do I like the strategy guide? Not just no but HELL NO. It is worthless. I got more help from the Q&A here than from that waste of data.

[Post New]by Cynderbear on Sep 25, 11 10:45 PM
Completely and totally worthless. For the price of a CE, I expect to find a complete walkthrough of the game should I wish to use it. I most often don't, but when I do need to have help with a puzzle, I expect it to be there.

In fact, all of the CE stuff for this game frankly wasn't worth it.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Oct 5, 11 5:48 PM
Another site publishes walkthroughs so it's all on one page therefore you can do a page search (CTRL+F) to find what you are looking for.

[Post New]by shjefi on Oct 8, 11 6:20 PM
I think it is one of the worst SG's I have ever had to work with. Too bad I am not
a good enough game player and do have to rely on them once in a while.
The game is good, but the SG is enough to make sure I don't buy anymore
of their games. They can do better then what they have done.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Oct 28, 11 4:35 PM
I am definitely in the minority here! Of course, I have only played the demo, but I found the SG just right. I tend to rush through as far as possible -- for example, I usually use the hint button for the last object to save time. When I wasn't sure what to do, rather than wander around, I looked at the SG. Most of the time, it gave me exactly what I wanted. Once, I'd already done what it suggested. By moving to a different place, I was able to get useful advice.

Because of the SG, I felt I enjoyed the CE demo more than I would have had I used a walkthrough. (And there are walkthroughs with pictures on the Internet.)

Go to: