lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Your Comments for Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 22, 11 4:29 AM
Happy Birthday
I am downloading the game now..I hope the game is awesome..

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 22, 11 5:30 AM
I am looking forward to this game, but I'm not going to play it until it comes out on SE. I've realized last night as I finished another CE that most of these, while very good, doesn't grab me much after the first hour and that feeling also makes me not care to even play the bonus game. So I may not buy as many CE's as I used to.

But the game does look good!

Edited on 09/22/2011 at 5:30:59 AM PST

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 22, 11 5:34 AM
edmee1947 wrote:i played the beta and noticed:surely not as CE!
so,i'm downloading the demo again to refresh my old memory(64 years old today!!!)and i'll say what i -definitevely- think about this game
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EDMEE HOPE YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Sep 22, 11 5:47 AM
I am really enjoying this game, its good graphics, the puzzles are fairly easy.and it has the little awards for not using hints in the hogs etc.yep, its a tired old story line, but hey if it works

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 22, 11 6:32 AM
Oh for the days when CEs were something special.

More tech problems then reviews and most of the
reviews are far from good let alone great which
CEs were originally supposed to be.

Any bets on how fast the SE for this will be out?
Then how soon to DD?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 22, 11 6:44 AM
Bad graphics, very drab, don't care if it's an old house, ugly is ugly. No voiceovers and text ballons that look like they came out of a very old game. Another SG that won't hold your place.

I tried to look for some good qualities in this game that I could mention but as for myself, I found none. Not one spark to make me want to continue on. I don't believe I would even use a free punch on the SE.

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Sep 22, 11 6:59 AM
Someone mentioned in this game's forum before it was "stickied" over to this location that BF might be not making the money they were hoping for and hence the 2 times a week CE releases. (Sorry I forgot the person's name and exact wording but it's on page 1 or 2 of the review). Her/his comment brought up a concern of mine that has been bothering me for awhile. I know I would never get a honest answer or an answer due to confidentiality from BF regarding their sales quotas, how they are doing as a business, etc., so I'll just say it here:

I purchase ALOT of games from this site....just under 300 at the time of this comment. We "own" the games the minute we purchase. I don't know how many fishies buy a back up CD for every game. If I did, I wouldn't have 300 games from here. Should BF go under for whatever reason, does that mean all the money we spent on games become unplayable? New computers are purchased for different reasons, so that means downloading again.

[b]And to BF : Why can't we purchase backup discs after the initial purchase?
I don't want to purchase a disc at the same time, because I might not like the game, or want to replay it for various reasons. Why do I have to make the decision to purchase a back up at the time of the initial sale? Would there be an announcement that the site would be closing to give us instructions and options on how to play/keep all the games we purchased/own? I am looking at ALOT of money going down the drain and thinking about curbing how much I spend here. Multiplying 300 opened my eyes a few minutes ago! Some of the good games are available in Walmart, etc and I would get the disc, CE version and a nice box/packaging for less than here. I do understand this is the "no frills" version purchasing on line but does this also mean the games "we own" are ours forever whether BF is around or not?

[Post New]by Graciesmom on Sep 22, 11 6:59 AM
so,i'm downloading the demo again to refresh my old memory(64 years old today!!!)and i'll say what i -definitevely- think about this game
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 22, 11 7:15 AM
Trouble downloading and then access violation error? Well, I may purchase this game some day, but certainly this day. Too bad. It looks interesting.

[Post New]by fairycharmed on Sep 22, 11 8:32 AM
Finished the demo in 26 minutes....what a waste of 26 minutes!

If you can't figure out who the demon is when you FIRST peek into the window? Shame on you guys lol and go play some ravenhurst
Bad graphics weird sounds (what's with the random dog barking?) and obvious storyline...
Definitely not CE material.

Doesn't someone at BigFish Play these games in beta before they're released to us for the extra money as Collectors Editions?!?

It would seem to me that someone in Quality and/or Testing fell asleep at the Big Fish wheel when going through Lockwood Manor...

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Sep 22, 11 8:53 AM
CasualGran wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I don't know what to think about this game. It didn't grab me.

It didn't grab me either. I think this is a worn-out formula. Another 'missing person, another manor in ruins, another demon to fight and probably lots of to-ing and fro-ing from junkpiled H0 to junkpiled H0.

And all this for 13,99. Yeah, right.

Don't think so.

CasualGran

"To-ing and fro-ing"-LOL, CasualGran!!!!

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Sep 22, 11 8:56 AM
flowerchild44 wrote:I am really enjoying this game, its good graphics, the puzzles are fairly easy.and it has the little awards for not using hints in the hogs etc.yep, its a tired old story line, but hey if it works

It's working for me too Flowerchild44

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Sep 22, 11 8:57 AM

I don't know what to think about this game. It didn't grab me.

DITTO...don't exactly know why but it was not a challange..others should at least give it a try..I had no DL proplems and it played fine..graphics not grainy or dark..

It's a no buy for me

Iris

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 22, 11 9:57 AM
bradalex wrote:Sorry, but for me this is the same old same old, and I was bored silly after sticking with it for the demo.
I also absolutely hate it when they make the HOS so dark that you cannot see things and then call it "atmosphere!" I think that this is a way of getting out of hiding things cleverly.
I would'nt buy this game even as DD, but those of you who disagree with me _enjoy!!
This is my biggest pet peeve with game developers. I have seen games with cleverly hidden objects that are still visible, but this game is just plain DARK. I don't have Xray vision! I have used way too many hints on objects that are not visible by anyone's standards. The game itself seems enjoyable, but the H0 scenes are frustrating, to say the least.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Sep 22, 11 10:58 AM

Have a Happy Birthday!!!
Cyn

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Sep 22, 11 11:02 AM
I enjoyed the game, but I had to turn off the custom cursor. Way too much lag to the point of nearly stopping at times. I didn't need the SG as the Hints give you tons of help. What gets me about all these games is the lack of logic. You've got a victim in chains, or needing rescue from imminent death, or you have a villain threatening murder, mayhem, or escape from justice; and they wait while you run off to solve a puzzle or find something in a H0 scene. Duh, what?

ETA: Happy Birthday edmee1947
LoveMyBichons, I have a Bichon too

Edited on 09/22/2011 at 11:07:07 AM PST

SandraDaL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SandraDaL on Sep 22, 11 11:23 AM
Note to developers: Please develop a HOG or FROG that doesn't have a lost brother, sister, mom, dad, etc.; without demons; and you CANNOT USE the following in your scenes: feather, horseshoe, shell, binoculars, spoon, fork, knife, sun, moon, star, starfish, key, fan, cup/mug, eye, umbrella, fish, cane (or walking stick). I'm sure there are many more that I have not listed, but this will do for now. Please use your imagination and make a scene with different objects, and find a different theme.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 22, 11 11:56 AM
SandraDaL wrote:Note to developers: Please develop a HOG or FROG that doesn't have a lost brother, sister, mom, dad, etc.; without demons; and you CANNOT USE the following in your scenes: feather, horseshoe, shell, binoculars, spoon, fork, knife, sun, moon, star, starfish, key, fan, cup/mug, eye, umbrella, fish, cane (or walking stick). I'm sure there are many more that I have not listed, but this will do for now. Please use your imagination and make a scene with different objects, and find a different theme.

hahaha don't forget BUTTERFLY. My most hated thing to find and it never has anything to do with the game at hand! I agree with everything you have said. I really loved this theme at first but it is old and tired and while some people still love it, there needs to be something new offered every once and awhile. ZzZZzzZZz is how I felt about this game. Nap time!

[Post New]by micheleappleyard on Sep 22, 11 12:11 PM
Is is just me or is this game exactly like another game. From the very beginning I felt like I played this game before. I mean every scene is identical to another game. I just can't place the other game.

[Post New]by micheleappleyard on Sep 22, 11 12:27 PM
Oops! I think I tested the Beta version of this game. It is a good though. I enjoyed it. Where do you find what games you have beta tested?

Go to: