jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Reviews for Rainbow Web 3

[Post New]by jcsgame on Sep 24, 11 11:36 AM
Great "Match 3" game. Much better than the first one. Thoroughly enjoying the challenge. This game has some variety rather than a straight Match 3. The game is going to be along one, because of all the areas that you get to go to. I'm glad I purchased it. The music is nice and relaxing.

I don't like timers, but I can see why some people would like one. It should be "Optional". I won't purchase a timed gamed otherwise.

My suggestion to other Fishes, is give this game a try, you might enjoy it.

Edited on 09/24/2011 at 11:38:19 AM PST

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Sep 24, 11 2:39 PM
My Review after 1 hour Demo:

Level: Easy and relaxed - did not notice a timer. I finished the 1st room. the minigame in between the first two levels, and about half of the 2nd room in the hour I played.

Playability: Okay. It took a little bit of getting used to the unusual switching lines, and it seemed to load very slowly between the "shopping" screens and returning to the match 3 game.

Likes: Something a little different than a straight-line M3 game. Can skip some of the mini games and the intro story, if you wish. Very colorful.

Dislikes: Besides the slow game loading time, I wish you could skip ALL of the mini games. You can't skip the spider web puzzle that appears at the end of completing the first room. You do get to retry it, but I would rather skip it. I guess you have to play it because it goes with the story. I don't really care too much about the stories. A quick tutorial would have been nice, esp. if you've never played this game before.

Recommendations: Watch for broken web - you have to rethink where to make matches sometimes because the web isn't connected in some places.

Will I buy it? Probably not - just too sluggish between levels, not much strategy involved. If you like a very relaxed M3 game, you'll probably like this. I like something that moves at a faster pace.

goofygran
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Worth it?

[Post New]by goofygran on Sep 25, 11 3:57 AM
falconr3 wrote:Hi, I'm confused, is this game worth it?

if you like match3 it's well worth it but just note that you lose your progress when you buy the game. I had almost completed 2 houses when my time ran out and i'm addicted. Looks like quite a longish game and a bit different. Not played any magic web before but I might have to have a look at the previous ones when I finish this one. Love it!!

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

Worth it?

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 25, 11 4:49 AM
goofygran wrote:
falconr3 wrote:Hi, I'm confused, is this game worth it?

if you like match3 it's well worth it but just note that you lose your progress when you buy the game. I had almost completed 2 houses when my time ran out and i'm addicted. Looks like quite a longish game and a bit different. Not played any magic web before but I might have to have a look at the previous ones when I finish this one. Love it!!

@Goofygran - I still like the 2nd one best - graphics of the palace are more interesting ( to me anyway) plus the personal challenge of trying to get the Gold award in each level. For me that is what gives the game its replay value.

My copy had originally been a free download from somewhere so could not redownload it onto this computer. However on doing an internet search I found one site offering it free - NOT a Pirate site. If anyone wants the link send me a pm.

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Sep 25, 11 9:53 AM
At first I was hoping for just a teensy bit more....but then when I thought about it - and got deep into the game - there is enough difference with #3 to make me very happy.

I do not miss the timer, as I never play timed if possible to avoid doing so. I am not the fastest player, so this version suits me just fine. The timed option would make it more purchasing friendly to a wider audience, I guess; but makes no personal difference to me.

I love the hammer availability, and even though I try not to use it I still do. The noise it makes is delightful, and makes me smile. Maybe the second time around I will force myself to go without the hammer. Or maybe not. Since I use the RW games for total relaxation and pleasure - no timed challenge is needed for me.

I like the beauty of the graphics as they are way more important to me. Mine are crisp and clear, and inside the black prison ghetta area -- it is gorgeous. This is a lovely game. Because the games themselves are enough challenge for me, I shall be playing all 3 RWs over and over again. Perfect before bedtime.

Stress relief is my #1 priority, and these are such perfectly calming games that I am thrilled with all of them, this one included.

If they just make a few more changes to surprise us, and to create additional new interest, I already know I will buy a RW4.

Oh, and I did not lose my progress like some of the others when switching to buy during the demo. But then that wouldn't have bothered me with this game anyway. Maybe it was because I bought it before my demo time was up. It somehow continued on without starting over.

Happy gaming everyone!!!!
jt

[Post New]by MrsAdams on Sep 25, 11 3:00 PM
After such a long wait for the third version of this game, I am thrilled at its release. Everything about this game is great. Love the graphics, the new puzzle variations and the mini-game at the grotto.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Sep 25, 11 10:31 PM
I found this game incredibly challenging.

I'm pretty good with M3 games but I just couldn't easily see the matches in this games.

It's a pity it's so 'child' oriented, because had the concept of game been applied to an 'edgier' theme .. I might have persevered.

As it was, it was a bit too childish to hold my interest.

The kids will love it though!

sj1384_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sj1384_ on Sep 26, 11 11:57 AM
I love Rainbow Web 1&2 and bought RW 3 w/o even doing the demo first. Personally these are my relaxers, so I don't miss the clock. I have played the first couple locations and am looking forward to playing more. This one appears to be really long with several locations, so def worth the money. The only negative I have is that some of the areas ARE grainy graphically, but it's not a deal breaker, just an observation. Thanks for another RW!!

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on Sep 26, 11 7:40 PM
I loved the Rainbow Web games, particularly No.2. When this one came out I just had to have it, and I haven't been dissapointed.

I am also not a fan of timed games, but there should be an option for those who are. I personally like the graphics, and the general game play is good.

I give it top marks, and think that if anyone doesn't like this, well, they are just too hard to please!

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Sep 26, 11 7:47 PM
LOVE IT!!!!! Kudos to the developers.
It gets better with each version I've purchased. I bought this one without even trying it first and I am very glad I did.
Miss the timer just a bit but can live without it. The hammer is a nice touch. I hardly use it but when I do I really need it.
Nice mix of webs, puzzles and hidden object.

Lots of fun!

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Sep 27, 11 1:10 PM
Like it just as much at the other 2
i like the decorate rooms option now.....
all in all ..different and worth trying
ty bfg for another great game

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Sep 27, 11 5:34 PM
I own the other two Rainbow Web games, I love their neat twist on M-3 gaming.

I was very excited to see #3, and eagerly downloaded. I enjoyed my hour, but I'm not sure if I'll buy for a few reasons:

1. It looks like this was made for the iPhone or something small - the graphics are frustratingly pixellated - text is grainy to the point of being somewhat of an eye strain to read. And really, the hand-drawn artwork certainly deserves a better showing!

2. I loved the challenge of the timer and minimum moves "gold" from the previous games, I loved beating the spider's minions and ended up going back to earn gold on every level, giving me a game that I was still playing off and on nearly 6 months after purchase. This one, although it awards points for good moves, doesn't really offer any incentive to do a particular web again.

On the plus side, there's some new web designs that really made my brain work to see the patterns.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Sep 28, 11 8:10 AM
I this game! I didn't think I would like it at first, but after I got into it I played non-stop until Spider went away. It's a good long game.

Some say the graphics were grainy, but on my 17" monitor they were fine. I had no problems with game play either.

I don't know yet if this will have the re-playability of 1 or 2. We'll have to see about that.

I'm glad I purchased it.

Nana

Slowglass
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Note from a match-3 dud:

[Post New]by Slowglass on Sep 28, 11 8:49 PM
I'm not good at M3, any of them. I keep trying, though, thinking that if I learn to do these better, I'll be developing some part of my brain that has, so far, been hard-wired to view things in a way that makes M3 a real challenge. This one is very pretty, music a little repetitive but pleasant enough and can be turned down to non-intrusiveness. Just barely scratching the surface of it during the trial, but going to purchase, as I see that my performance seems to be improving. I have no clue what I am learning...but can see that I am learning 'something'. No, a game doesn't have to teach anything. But this M3 is different enough from some others I have attempted that I am, at least, enjoying it. I have not played any of the previous Rainbow Web games.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Oct 2, 11 1:59 PM
I love the Rainbow Web games, too, especially the second one so, I was happy to see the third one! I like these games because they are different from the usual match-3 games and I like it that you can play relaxed. I am no good with timed games and do not like them because I hate being stressed out and that's just what timed games do to me. I played the demo and I will get it but I have to wait until I get my coupon codes from last month's purchases.

edited for spelling

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 2:12:57 PM PST

[Post New]by derlin70 on Oct 14, 11 12:33 AM
Hi I have played the game right to the end .Enjoyed it very much .Would like to know where I go from there . Can I restart the game or is there another stage !.Like on rainbow 1&2 you can restart them when completed .

cinfin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cinfin on Oct 27, 11 9:07 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It made me think about what I was doing. It was quite different for me as i had never played a game like this before.

streamrdr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by streamrdr on Nov 9, 11 9:30 AM
This is one of my favorite match games. I especially love the layouts. You're not just working with the same old grid or box of tiles, but with interesting and different layouts—you will find some rectangular grids here, but the tiles usually move from either side toward the middle; and there are spider-like webs where the tiles fall inward or outward; and spirals (my favorite).

There are broken web variations as well, so that tiles can only be matched from either up or down, or side to side in portions of the web. There are also "frozen" tiles that cannot be swapped and require two matches to remove. There are also tiles that cannot be matched at all but must be removed by getting them to the end of the web.

There are several mini games as well—a find frag objects mini-game; swapping puzzles where the pieces distort to fit the size and shape of their containers. And each level ends with a smaller swap puzzle where the object is to remove all of the tiles in the fewest number of moves.

I've played this three times in a row, with and without hints, and am still enjoying it. I purchased the 1st Rainbow Web program and was somewhat disappointed with it, but this one is spot on. I would highly recommend you try this one out for its unique layouts. It's really fun!

[Post New]by cougarsmate on Nov 29, 11 1:59 PM
I really like the rainbow web games. I can not finish the last cavern puzzle. I just can not figure it out. I have played it for 3 days now and just can't get it figured out. I get started on them and can't quit. Dishes still sitting through games 2 and 3. I personally loved the hidden object scenes and the jigsaw puzzles. I found it fun to figure out which way the tiles moved in the different webs.

cougarsmate

auggie1224
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by auggie1224 on Jan 14, 12 11:28 AM
I bought this game because I really enjoyed Rainbow Web 2. Is there a way to go back and play a level again to improve your score? You can do that in Rainbow Web 2. I did not see this option and would love to have that game feature? Am I just missing that feature? Help....

Go to: