DarleneO
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek technical issues here only

[Post New]by DarleneO on Sep 25, 11 6:40 PM
Having the same problem reading the text. Sounds like the developers are on this! Thank you.

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

blacked out word issues

[Post New]by cherbando on Sep 25, 11 10:54 PM
I see I am not the only one with problems reading the script. For once I downloaded the trial before buying it. Now I can wait until the fix is done and then buy it! See how smart I am, it only took 4 years as a member to learn to check out the game first.This game looks like it will be right up my alley! I was a little skeptical of the posting by Artifex Mundi. I looked them up and they are a legit game developer. I am so pleased they listened to our issues in the forum. Go Big Fish!

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 26, 11 4:32 AM
What a fantastic developer! They responded to my E-mail immediately, said they are working on the problem of the broken text (other gamers had also sent them screen shots) and will notify me when it's fixed. Great customer service! I'll post when I hear anything further.

Gail

[Post New]by SilverAlexis on Sep 26, 11 11:51 AM
Newsflash: The developer's appear to have fixed the issue. They sent me a demo version via email to ensure the text issue was resolved. And... it WAS!! Now we just have to wait for the patch/fix/whatever they choose.

Such great response and customer service this developer has shown.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Sep 26, 11 5:58 PM
ArtifexMundi wrote:Hi Fishies,

Just wanted to let you know that here at Artifex Mundi we are already working on the text displaying issue. Any more help from you on the matter, especially some screenshots, would be mostly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Artifex Mundi Team

Thank you for looking in to it. I don't know how to send screen shots. I can see the **** lists, but I'm having trouble reading the text at the top of the screen - the script that pops up when you click on something that requires an action, or when someone is speaking. The first letter or so is white, then the rest is black on a dark background, so very hard or impossible to read. I also notice some flickering patches of white on other parts of the screen.

I enjoyed the game otherwise, and hope to be able to continue it, once the issue is fixed.

Edited on 09/26/2011 at 5:59:59 PM PST

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Sep 27, 11 1:53 AM
I demoed the CE version with no problems, so downloaded the SG and began to play, but had the same text problem. This is a different computer than the CE was done on, so I figure it must be a video card/driver problem. The game runs ok, but sure doesn't look at good as it did on my newer computer. I'll try it on that one tomorrow and hope that fixes my problem, anyway.

[Post New]by puzznutz on Sep 27, 11 10:34 AM
We also had the same problem with the text. It`s impossible to read the words. Apparently the developers have addressed the problem but when I reinstalled the game just a few minutes ago, it still wasn`t fixed. We have never encountered any problems such as this before on any of the games from Big Fish. How long will it take to fix and how will I know if it is? I`d appreciate any info on this because it looks like a really good game and I`d probably be buying it if I could read it. Thanks.

[Post New]by ArtifexMundi on Sep 28, 11 1:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

Current patch should fix the text displaying issues
I hope you'll enjoy the game now!

All the best,
Artifex Mundi Team

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Sep 28, 11 6:40 AM
Many thanks, Artifex Mundi, uninstalling & installing the new version works perfectly. Thanks for the fabulous customer service! (And I'm really enjoying the game!)

[Post New]by puzznutz on Sep 28, 11 7:01 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Can`t wait to start playing; it looks like a terrific game. So-o-o-o happy the problem was fixed! You guys are awesome!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 28, 11 10:01 AM
Hello everyone,

As you might be aware, a new build is now available that fixes the following issues:

• Corrected the ending cinematic.
• Corrected problem with text displaying.

If you would like this version, please uninstall and reinstall your game.

In order to stay on top of any new technical issues, we will lock this thread, but please post any other issues in the new tech thread here. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: