Re:Post any Them: The Summoning technical issues here only

[Post New]by Needletime2 on Sep 26, 11 3:37 PM
Tried to play the trial!
Screen jumping all over the place and would not even open, thank goodness Escape worked or would have had to shut down entire computer.
Now that I have read other comments, doesn"t seem like it would have been worth it.
Question for Big Fish: I have been a member for over 2 years, have about 75 games, mostly ****'s...........have never, ever had a technical problem with a game until Journalists Journey and now this one.
Are you guys not testing as you should? If so many people have the same issues with these games it seems they could have easily been spotted by testing and fixing or if the quality is poor don't sell the game!!
And NO, it's not my computer so let's not even go there.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Sep 26, 11 3:54 PM
LuvDemGames wrote:This game opened up so huge half the game was off screen. I selected the button to take off full screen and it was too small. Very grainy looking also. I don't know if I will pursue it later or just dump it, I'm disappointed with BFG right now. I so wanted to play Beauty and the Beast, but it won't download. No help from tech support either. At least I got to play Enigmatis. That's a good game.

I had the opposite problem - the trial period for Enigmatis expired after downloading-didn't get a chance to try it. But Beauty and the Beast ran just fine for me, I have purchased and finished it.

I don't think I'll even try this game. I'm concerned about so many games causing my system to crash.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 26, 11 4:05 PM
pretendimnothere wrote:Each time I finish a scene, it kicks me out of the game like I logged off. When I go back to it, I have to replay the last scene. It will go to the next one, but, when I finish it, it kicks me out again.

Hi pretendimnothere,

It sounds like you're dealing with a couple of different issues here, so I'd encourage you to give the steps in each of these help articles a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Not Saving

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 09/26/2011 at 4:05:53 PM PST

[Post New]by juttawalker on Sep 26, 11 4:24 PM
Downloaded this game and want to play but it cuts off with a error from Microsoft
so i cant play this game

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on Sep 26, 11 5:55 PM
It froze up on me too. After the second time (where I had to shut down my computer to get out of the game) I just uninstalled it. Disappointed too. I would have bought this one - and anymore, finding one I want is very rare.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 27, 11 7:11 AM
SueDee67 wrote:This Game loaded so large that I could not find the Exit button. I changed my resolution way down....no results. So could not play the game. I've never had a game do this before. Not ever. And I have a lot of games from BF in 5 years.

So I won't bother with it. Not worth the time and effort.
I have tried three times to get this to work, dumping it now. Huge screen, can't see the buttons, on any display mode.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 27, 11 7:44 AM
I found out if you up date your adobe flash which is free it let me play the game I had troubles with this game until i did that I do hope this helps I loved the game and I want to thank the devs and BF for such a wonderful game to play..I hope this helps the one's that can't play, the game is worth te effort..

[Post New]by sarasem on Sep 27, 11 7:55 AM
Nikita77 wrote:I couldn't even load this game! It kept being hung up at "activating" and when I closed program manager and then re-opened it, it showed the game as "trial expired". I trash canned it and tried downloading again to no avail.

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Sep 27, 11 8:58 AM
Either huge or small and no 'start' button. Couldn't play.

distantsmoke
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

First glitch

[Post New]by distantsmoke on Sep 27, 11 9:11 AM
Downloaded the free version to see if I would like it. So far so good...except. At the very beginning after I put the 4 digit code in the carousel (what I call a music box) it gave an access error and shutdown.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 27, 11 11:07 AM
juttawalker, if you are seeing a specific error message, you may want to take a screenshot of that error and write in to Tech Support for help with this issue.

ktk514, it might help to check for an update for your computer; here is a great help article with more information: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen.

LuvDemGames and kainesis2, if you've tried the suggestions in the Screen Resolution help article, you may want to write in to Tech Support in case our reps have other suggestions to get this game to display properly.

sarasem, please scroll down to the bottom of the Download a Trial Game help article for different reasons a Trial Version is expiring before game play. Feel free to also get in touch with Tech Support if these reasons do not apply to you.

distantsmoke, please take a look at this help article for more information about this specific error: Access Violation. If the suggested steps in this article don't resolve the issue, you may want to get in touch with one of our Tech Support reps with a Dr. Felix report.

Hope I've been able to help!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 27, 11 1:21 PM
Sorry, but not worth the bother. I went through those hoops with Beauty and the Beast to no avail. Not going to waste any more time on this.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 27, 11 2:17 PM
Where's the Play button? All I get is Profiles, Options, Extras and About and the screen is jumping. Also, it won't let me close the game, so now I have to reboot my computer. A complete turn-off.

ruemica
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ruemica on Sep 27, 11 3:42 PM
Opening scene when it says to turn on the light I did, the game said I did and moved forward, but the light was never actually on. So I was forced to do all the hidden objects in the dark. Then moved to next scene which allowed me to play a bit but then kicked me out with 51 minutes left on the demo. No stated error, just shut me down and that was that. I'll take the hint that you don't want me to play this game and move on to a game that wants my time and money.

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Sep 27, 11 8:49 PM
Played about 15 mins. of the trial and then the big freeze! Had to uninstall.

[Post New]by jivike on Sep 28, 11 4:37 AM
neat game but keeps crashing every time I play

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 28, 11 10:05 AM
Had to alt-ctr-del twice to get out of black screen. Task Mgr
said "game not responding". Ended, did the uninstall, reinstall,
no help. Since so many others having tech problems, will just
wait for a fix.

Was finding H0 items too small for my eyes, so no great loss
if no fix comes.

[Post New]by patriciablake on Sep 29, 11 10:07 AM
Seemed like a fun game, but it kept bumping me out and I had to start the last stage all over. Takes away from the fun.

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Oct 1, 11 7:27 AM
I was enjoying the game, but when the demo ended, it crashed my computer. I uninstalled immediately. This makes for a no buy.

bjcs319
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by bjcs319 on Oct 1, 11 5:21 PM
My problem was that with 31 minutes left to play, I was booted out of the game to the "trial screen". Played again. After another 10 minutes, took me out of the game again.

Go to: