Reviews for 4 Elements II

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

Re:Reviews for 4 Elements II

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 28, 11 3:56 AM
puzzledone wrote:The best thing added to II is the TIMER OPTION FOR RELAXED. So, all you slow pokes like me, not swift at hand can finish this new version and save many a laptop from thrown over the balconies.

I didn't see Options til I was into the game, then found Menu, backed up and selected Relaxed, and the next 45 minutes were a nice late night treat. The opening mini is a frog and very tiny frags on laptop but hints are generous and I didn't mind the help getting the little parts together to progress to the fun storybook game just at bedtime.

It is ONLY because of this opportunity to play this game in a RELAXED mode that I've downloaded the trial. So THANK YOU Puzzle for mentioning this! Without this I'lld never considered to try this game, for I knew this series was timed, and I really, really HATE timed games, however fantastic or beautiful they might be. I just don't want to be rushed, you see. I simply refuse to play timed.

Having said this, on with the game!

Well, what I found out first is that I have to change the resolution of my widescreen monitor to 1600x1200 to be able to play this game full screen. 1 point of.
Secondly I heard a voice! 1 point added again. I like voices in a game!
Third I discovered a very nice and beautiful game. Cute characters, variety in gameplay and... M3 to be matched in lines of 3 or more stones. Well, you can say this is a premiere for me to do this. In all my pc gaming years, 8 up 'till now, I never did it, but now I will and only because the way it is done in this game suits me. I mean, you don't have to clear a whole board every time here, you just have to clear enough to make the way free for the magic energy to flow. So far (I've played 7 levels now) I like doing that.

All in all, a play-worthy game, so... I've bought it. To be precise: one very sweet fishie gave me a free game { { { THANK YOU, you know who you are } } } so I was able to hit the BUY button after the trial ended.

5 out of 5 for this game.

Thanks devs, for adding a relaxed mode! You've won 1 more player with it!

CasualGran

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Sep 28, 11 7:01 PM
I was thrilled when I saw 4 Elements II!
I SO enjoyed playing 4 Elements over and over that now I have Elements 2 to fiddle with. It rocks!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 29, 11 2:19 PM
Thanks for the great reviews and comments all. I agree with all the good things already said about this game. I really liked 4 Elements I and bought it inspite of my dislike for timers . So, buying this one was never in doubt. I enjoy the game play and find the graphics to be just great. Thanks, Devs and for bringing us this second in this Series, I hope there are more.
Happy Gaming Everyone

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Sep 29, 11 8:26 PM
Love it! Ran out of trial time, and am sad that I should wait until October to purchase (as my punch card is fulll). Another fun/lovely/interesting game!

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Sep 29, 11 9:38 PM
I need one more punch this month. I wanted to like this game, but i do NOT. I found it VERY confusing to play the boards. I am usually pretty good at M3 games, i have several. The latest M3 is "Rainbow Web 3" and I love it. I am doing well in that game.
4 Elements II

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Sep 30, 11 5:04 AM
I loved the first game even though I do not usually play Match 3 games. bought this one as well and extremely happy that I did. The game is fantistic. I love the overall look of it and the sound is very good. The picure also fills my widescreen monitor, no annoying black bars. I think the 4 Elements games are the best match 3 games made,

SnowNSew
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by SnowNSew on Sep 30, 11 8:21 AM
Count me among the lovers of the first 4 Elements - it has long been one of my favorite games and I have played it through many times. As an interesting note, I do not typically like match 3 games.

To me, classifying this as a match 3 is a bit like calling Star Wars a fantasy movie - yes it can fit in that genre, but it is more than that. To me, 4 Elements is more of a puzzle game. In a match 3 game, it is more random. In 4 elements, there are specific things you need to do to get through a level - it isn't JUST matching but WHAT and WHERE you match. For instance, in the 4th level, you get a spade. To USE the spade, you must match a certain number of green stones. Since you must use the spade to progress, you must match green stones - and it really doesn't matter where.

In tune with the puzzle element is the addition of the pipe game - where you must twist pipes to get the element flowing through them. Others have mentioned "cartoony" graphics - I did not have the feeling at all. The picture is very crisp and clear - It felt "expensive."

I really, really like the first 4 elements, and I really, really like this one. I would actually purchase the CE of this game and wonder if it will be available here at some point in the future? For those of you who have the CE, is it worth waiting for?

As an interesting note, Playrix makes this game . . . they also make another of my very favorites: Royal Envoy. I haven't purchased any of there other games, though I think I have demoed them all, simply because I, um, wasn't in the mood. I have never seen a Playrix game that I did not feel was satisfying both in the gaming aspect and the visual aspect.

In summary: Cute story, good graphics, nice continuation of the original theme, more puzzle, less match 3. I'm in love!

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Sep 30, 11 10:10 AM
Bought without demoing because I LOVED the first one and in my opinion this one is even BETTER!!!
I like it when your name is included as part of the story: " Hello boots glad you came back to the game to help us...." stuff like that is just a little thing but such a pleasant plus!
So far, (I think I'm on Level 12 now) there has been HOG's, FROG's, pipes, blocks, spinny things, spot the difference & the list I'm sure goes on.
Well worth the money spent; lots of levels, interesting story, terrific graphics and I usually only buy IHOG's or in that kind of genre!

EXCELLENT GAME!!!

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Sep 30, 11 11:27 AM
had to buy.. loved the 1st one.. IM more of **** player but this is one of my fave match 3's

darn slider puzzles whoop my tush...have to replay level 28 again ha ha ha

LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on Sep 30, 11 11:29 AM
The first in this series, for me, has been one of the most beloved and replayable casual games of all.

I am sad that BF didn't get CE of this, because I definitely would've bought it.

[Post New]by Jaqcqueline1953 on Oct 1, 11 2:40 PM
Can anyone help with Level 12 , I get all the way to where it says drag the blocks to all energy to pass through. And I do not seem to understand what they are instructing me to do.. HELP

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Oct 2, 11 2:00 AM
As soon as I saw the wizard it was a buy . Liked the first one and am not disappointed with this new offering. Love the art work, so charming and friendly.

Pipes and block moving puzzles are two of my all time favourite, so was thrilled to find them included
Had to switch to relaxed mode half way through, but enjoyed the timed part while I could cope

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Oct 5, 11 3:15 PM
love,love, love this game
been playing games for a decade now and this had to be one of my fav M3

really liked the story, all the artwork, the gameplay itself is very cool

altho i rate myself as a good player it still took me over 43 hrs to finish .

the only thing i would have changed was it would like to have been just a smidget more challenging IMHO
but on the other hand... even in timed mode i found it refreshing and relaxing
one of the best games i have played in a long time
ty and playrix for a fun time

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Oct 6, 11 11:15 AM
I just finished this game and it was definitely a great game. Action packed match 3 game with some challenging moments that I had fun with. The puzzles weren't too difficult and I like the relax mode, which the first one lacked. It's way better than the first 4 Elements.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 6, 11 9:32 PM

Fantastic! 4 Elements has been one of my "go back to" games for a long time and it's great to see this sequel. I love the additions - the pipes, the blocks, the exploding thingies. And the fairies aren't nearly as annoying as the original, who has me yelling "Aaak! Go away!" at regular intervals.

Highly recommended for anyone who liked the first one.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 6, 11 9:34 PM
And oh yes, thanks for the Relaxed mode. These pathways are L-O-N-G. I doubt I could finish the later ones with a timer. But as a relaxed game it's just great.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Oct 23, 11 12:20 PM
What a great game! I just finished,But would never have made it through the later boards without the relaxed mode. I just started over again and am now realizing how easy the first levels are, I didn't find this just for young kids. You really need to use strategy to get through the later levels. The slider type puzzle on lever 52 is a killer. For those who passed up this game because of its cartoon look, you missed a great game. I spent most of my time staring at the puzzle board and the flow of the elements through it. Hardly noticed the signs or the characters.

mdc124
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by mdc124 on Oct 23, 11 3:03 PM
It's creative and clever, with beautiful graphics, but it seems like so much happens "automagically", skipping past whole areas. I kind of miss the satisfaction of clearing a whole area myself.

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Oct 24, 11 12:51 PM
I just finished this game what an absolute blast it was! It took me 14hours & 46 minutes to finish....Excellent game from beginning to end!

[Post New]by jadzia27 on Oct 25, 11 9:08 PM
those that have finished the game anyone writting a walkthrough? Am struck in turtle level with the blocks

thank you for all help

Go to: