cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Your Comments for Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 28, 11 3:51 PM
cme550 wrote:I had been waiting for the CE of this game and I read here it's going to be an incomplete game? Boo! I had just installed it and now I guess I will uninstall it.

I meant that I had been waiting for the SE not CE, obviously.

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Sep 28, 11 4:51 PM
Ok I finished it! It was a good game. I did enjoy it. Without the extra chapter it kinda ends suddenly but I stand by it as a good game!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 28, 11 4:58 PM
yes the game was awesome, but the game was way to short..
thx DEV"s for all your hard work and long hours on this game but can you make your SE's a little longer please!!

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Sep 28, 11 5:56 PM
Hey i'm with Scarlett11551, BF is coming out with too many CE games every month and not enough SE games, and the promotion was a bummer because McAfee was all jacked up and we just lost out, somebody needs to get it together and quick, i don't know if i want to try this game too if there's no ending mabe i'll try the demo and see how it works out and in the meantime BF needs to give us some games to use our credits on and cut down on the CE games

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 28, 11 9:30 PM
IMO the game is not worth CE or SE maybe a DD!!!!! And IMO thats a big MAYBE

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 29, 11 2:15 AM
So, how many games DO have good endings? How many end with "To Be Continued" and we rant about that. And wait and wait for a sequel that rarely follows. A good story should have a beginning, middle and end, granted. But the story writing in most games usually start out, set up a premise, then the middle all but falls apart with story holes, by the end little is resolved. The emphasis is on the gameplay usually. I don't really expect writing or story to be up to par.

But I'll say one thing, the extra money from CEs is obviously going into the artwork, which I consider quality, read the credits, look at the roster of Artists, we didn't see that before the advent of CEs. We did see most games @ $19.99 on release from the devs' sites, not aware we were waiting for it to gain revenue for them before turning it over to a major distributor for discount rates and volume.

I don't get it when someone says there are more CEs now than SE's? Huh? they are equal, for every CE released here there is its SE released later. Actually there are more SEs coounting those that weren't first CEs in the month total, includinng other genres. Then the standalone SEs get panned because they are poor quality or outdated.

The only SE I ever upgraded to a CE is Nightmare Realm, only because as fantastic as that SE is, I read that there is an alternate ending and I'm curious as to how they could make it any better than the regular version. Of all the creativity that went into it I'm at a loss how they could even get buy with CE price. Take a game with say 40 locations, all hand painted, how much would iti cost you to have 40 original works of art done for you home? Even high quality framable prints? If devs were thinking, they should offer you frameable prints of scenes to buy at a cheap price instead of wallpapers, screen savers, something memorable to collect and keep where you play games or any room.

Maybe they could put more money in good writers, or innovative gameplay tech if so few of us really appreciate the artists at work. Then we can go back to slapped on clip art and pineapples on ceiling fans or find 20 lizards (oh wow, some are different colors, what a challenge )

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 29, 11 2:33 AM
Sorry if I've become a bit grouchy lately, I've been taken off Hormone Replacement Therapy post surgery. And you may know what lack of estrogen means. Also, please overlook my many typos, must be the post op meds.

In fact, I really came here to learn what the game is about as I need one more SE punch to complete my second card. Thought maybe this is it BUT

It was the shortest demo I ever tried to play. Started out nice and the next thing I remember I woke up to time out, do I want to Buy Now. I had slept thru the whole darn trial so still don't know if I want to buy. Seems I remember it filling my widescreen laptop with no bars which is a big plus, or did I dream that?

Maybe comments re too short, too easy is a plus for me at least til I get off these meds, I may sleep through the whole SE anyway. Wasn't bored, must be the meds but I got just one more day to decide this, or 4 Elements II. If there are lots of good HOGs in this one let me know, and I love jigsaws. I just can't focus long on complex puzzles and have to skip or zzzzzzzz. Still in recovery and just lucky to be alive thank you.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 29, 11 2:41 AM
Thanks lovely and lilprincess. I guess you answered most my questions and enjoyed the game..even "awesome"? Short and sweet, okay. I just forgot your names as I was posting before, at least something positive. I just never buy a game without the demo first. Sorry the rest of you were disappointed.

[Post New]by missbecky41 on Sep 29, 11 6:22 AM
this game sucks big time not worth the money very dissappointed

[Post New]by PattiB888 on Sep 29, 11 8:03 AM
Hello, all fishies, After reading the reviews and comments I just wanted to add my two cents worth. I read books for the story; I play games for the gameplay. I usually notice if a game seems chopped off, but it doesn't bother me if I have had fun playing. I loved this game. I seem to like the ones that have good directions and a map and lots to do. This one does have wonderful scenes and I enjoyed my whole hour of demo. I will buy it next month when I get my punchcard credit.
Patti

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Sep 30, 11 1:38 AM
layzeedaisy wrote:Laptopdancerr - I went and looked at the end of a walkthrough for this game and, as far as I could make out, it didn't appear to be a proper ending with her regaining her son.

Thanks all for the heads up on the last chapter. This is a no buy for me without a proper ending. I am really disgusted with BFG for using this type of marketing.

IMO the CE wasn't worth the title, this is just a very ordinary little game with 6 chapters. To actually CHOP A CHAPTER to make it cheaper is just that - CHEAP.

Thanks Layzeedaisy for answering. I had a feeling your answer would be what you wrote and I agree with the remainder of your comment.
PattiBBB wrote above if you want an ending; read a book or see a movie....a game is a game. Excuse me, but I play games for 3 reasons; graphics, gameplay and STORY. It's disappointing enough to go through all the scenes only to find it ends with "to be continued" or watch the lead in for the sequel.
Guess I should take your advice and read all the the brand new unread books I bought just before I discovered this site a couple of years ago and have purchased over 300 games from this site alone.
Because of feeling ripped off by most CEs, now I have to scrutinize SE's closely before I click "BUY" because there might not be an ending. LOL WHAt NEXT? I thought I saw everything at BFG but this beats everything else here.

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 1:41:41 AM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 3, 11 7:53 AM
I wish it had been longer!!

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Oct 3, 11 10:41 PM
My game is an SE And it ends but all too soon. The game is too short and the painting parts should be devided into 10 locations like it shows it does instead of the five. Too damn short!

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Oct 4, 11 4:55 PM
I WAS going to purchase this game but so very glad I read the reviews first!! SHAME to ANY game developer that makes a game without an ending!!

I won't be blackmailed into buying the ce version for it!

Please notice BigFish... your loyal and long standing customers do not want these greedy developers and their rip off games for sale on your site.

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Oct 6, 11 9:27 AM
Er, just want to add my 2 cents here, I agree it would be nice if the game was longer. That's because I like the game. For me the biggest selling point for Lost Souls is not the story line but the gorgeous art work. I feel like I definitely got my money's worth in quality here, if not quantity.

I would love to see other developers use these "swaying in the breeze" motion algorithms for the background foliage in outdoor scenes, I think it's just amazing.

Note to Puzzledone: Best wishes for your recovery. Hang in there.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Oct 12, 11 2:47 AM
I really like this game and I am glad I didn't get the Collector's Edition just to have the game finished properly. I played for 45 minutes before the trial ended.

I really enjoyed the gameplay and graphics, but I am not happy that as people have commented the game ends abruptly.

However I still have Punch Card credits to use by the end of this month before they run out, so this is probably going to be a buy for me.

[Post New]by Illusionary on Oct 12, 11 12:50 PM
The game play and artwork in this game is good, but I had no idea when I waited for the SE that it would end awkwardly. Plus, I felt that it was a bit of false advertising (having tried the demo which made me decide to buy) to show other paintings around the picture of her son, when we don't get to explore their worlds. When the game was over I thought "Huh? That's the end? What's to stop Ethiel from messing everything up again?"

I felt disappointed, despite that it seemed like a good game. As someone else posted earlier, I like to play games that include good artwork, game play, and story. With most hidden object games, it's the story that sets them apart anyway.

[Post New]by hdsoftailcowboy on Oct 12, 11 11:10 PM
Is it me or does Chapter 6: Dark World, stall out. I can't get the last HOS scene in the prison. Keeps telling me "Nothing more to do here". I've gone through both walk throughs and I'm not about to pay for the SG.

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Oct 14, 11 2:12 AM
gioco molto rilassante,facile ,bella grafica ,semplice,ma veramente carino.

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Nov 1, 11 12:30 PM
I have played two paintings so far & I'm totally hooked, the graphics are great & the story is interesting. The little fairies house was just so cool made me feel like a kid again!
I for one am enjoying the game!
boots

Go to: