cristal666
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Post any My Farm Life 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by cristal666 on Sep 29, 11 1:50 AM
i downloaded the trial from [removed by moderator] games and it played with no problems.
so i know the issue is not my video card or my direct x

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 9:52:33 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Sep 29, 11 1:57 AM
cristal666 wrote:i downloaded the trial from [removed by moderator] games and it played with no problems.
so i know the issue is not my video card or my direct x

Did you take a look at this page? http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/711/kw/access

It might not help, but you could try running the game as an administrator. You right-click on the game's icon on your desktop and "run as administrator" should pop up in the right-click menu (at least that's how it works with Windows 7). Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. LoL

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 9:52:49 AM PST

cristal666
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by cristal666 on Sep 29, 11 2:52 AM
Did you take a look at this page? http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/711/kw/access

It might not help, but you could try running the game as an administrator. You right-click on the game's icon on your desktop and "run as administrator" should pop up in the right-click menu (at least that's how it works with Windows 7). Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. LoL

did that it didn't work

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Sep 29, 11 3:52 AM
Aww, sorry. That's a bummer.

Mine works, but only on one game mode. Hopefully Customer Support will be helpful.

[Post New]by genuine_snowydad on Sep 29, 11 7:28 AM
Spirit_of_Auron wrote:
larascupboard wrote:
Spirit_of_Auron wrote:
genuine_snowydad wrote:
tabj0323 wrote:Same for me larascupboard, Mission 3 stuck at 18% in relaxed mode.

have you seen Carlos at the top with an empty crate? maybe you just forgot to bring him a full crate of veggies...

I demoed from the developer and ran into the same glitch, Carlos isn't there, which is what's causing the issue, he's not showing up with his empty crate like he does in the standard mode.

I think you've hit the nail on the head Spirit_of_Auron... in the timed mode Carlos is there awaiting an order. In untimed, relaxed mode, they forgot to program him to arrive. It's a bit game breaking.

Yeah, I plan on installing the BFG version and seeing if a 3rd attempt at remaking the profile helps, otherwise It's going in my waiting for a bug fix folder, because I doubt it's my laptop, which rarely ever has bugs that are it having issues. I have the first one from a disc, and since I can't beat that one's timer due to the no relaxed mode thing, I figured at least this one I could, and then I found the relaxed mode glitch.

i've just cured this issue by switching to windowed mode! i dunno why but it works

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Sep 29, 11 10:06 AM
Genuine_snowydad, you're right! Oh my gosh, how weird. I got it to work in windowed mode, too. Thanks for the tip! It's a little weird playing in windowed mode, but at least it's working.

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 10:06:49 AM PST

[Post New]by RandomRhonda on Sep 29, 11 2:53 PM
I got to level 48 and half way through the screen goes black so i can only see the eggs and the fact that my animals need water.

[Post New]by tabj0323 on Sep 29, 11 4:20 PM
Imberis wrote:Genuine_snowydad, you're right! Oh my gosh, how weird. I got it to work in windowed mode, too. Thanks for the tip! It's a little weird playing in windowed mode, but at least it's working.

Crazy but its works! As soon as I changed to windowed Carlos showed up! Thanks for the advise!

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Sep 29, 11 5:43 PM
Windowed mode isn't an option for me alas, game won't window, my screen resolution because i use a laptop isn't large enough. So this is only a workaround for those that can window it.

[Post New]by KaitK2889 on Sep 30, 11 3:23 PM
After level 30 it doesn't save anymore, I got up about 10 more levels and save&quit the game and every time I do this it starts me over at level 30. I tried creating a new profile and playing in other modes but that error pops up and it closes out of the game. I also can't play in windowed mode since my laptop is too small, I'm getting extremely frustrated.

[Post New]by mama1278 on Sep 30, 11 8:30 PM
Still getting the unauthorized user message. I have checked my security levels for Nortons and even lowered my firewall and still can't get the game to work. I want to buy the game but can't do if I can't play it. Please help.

[Post New]by KaitK2889 on Sep 30, 11 8:39 PM
mama1278 wrote:Still getting the unauthorized user message. I have checked my security levels for Nortons and even lowered my firewall and still can't get the game to work. I want to buy the game but can't do if I can't play it. Please help.

If it's when you're installing: http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1748/kw/permission%20error

To explain in more detail, after saving instead of hitting run/don't run, press cancel (make sure you don't have the BFG game manager open). Go into where you save your files, then right click on the game name and go down to properties. Then go into compatibility and check the 'run program as administrator' box. If you have an option that also says 'change settings for all users' go into that and do the same. press okay and then install the game. This should work, it took me a few tries to figure this out

IF it's not when you're installing then I'm having the same problem

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 8:41:52 PM PST

cristal666
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by cristal666 on Oct 1, 11 3:01 AM
tried that it wont even open now

popi42
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by popi42 on Oct 3, 11 6:38 AM
i have tried everything...card updated..flashplayer..directx...reinstalling 100 times...but after a while of playing i get an error message....
i have played the game until the level 35 without any problem at aaaall.Suddenly can not play more than several minutes in any level..
Access violation at 0X0051CAB5 (tried to write to 0X10760000) program terminated

popi42
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by popi42 on Oct 3, 11 6:47 AM
im so sorry for this game...as i see it has a lot of problems...many players has so many problems during the gameplay.. i have never seen a new game causes so many problems.... Developers did not check it enough...im just holding my friends not to buy it....as i did..I even did not tried it..I bought it at once..my mistake..

cristal666
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by cristal666 on Oct 4, 11 10:23 PM
i was really looking forward to buying this i have and enjoy the first one.i have written to support and have heard nothing (it is now day 5 since i got the thank you it will be 48 -72 hours email)

Edited on 10/05/2011 at 12:30:19 AM PST

[Post New]by ladydia669 on Oct 5, 11 6:25 AM
Played my game for 4 days with no problems then it started crashing. BFG is obviously not reading our comments properly if they are suggesting that the error has something to do with our operating systems. With the amount of people having issues they should not have released this game before the gliches were repaired. Someone was in too much of a hurry to make money :0(

kdtae
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by kdtae on Oct 5, 11 7:51 AM
So is there any update on if this game will be fixed or are we to request a refund for faulty goods?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 5, 11 9:39 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are receiving an Access Violation error, we are trying to collect more information on this and would really appreciate it if you could write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that we are able to take a look at which systems are being affected. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Kasari on Oct 6, 11 4:55 AM
Starting from level 21 on expert mode, the cows are not producing any milk. I loved playing the first My Farm Life and I am very surprised to see all the glitches that are being posted on this forum. Not at all pleased with my purchase.

Go to: