dotw
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by dotw on Sep 30, 11 4:29 PM
Where is the very last part of the game after putting last number on the clock? Does anyone know how to get to the staircase from there? HELP!!!!!!!! Is this a glitch or bug in this game? I really liked it till that point.

susan3285
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by susan3285 on Sep 30, 11 6:03 PM
I had the same problem. The screen went black after the last number was placed on the clock. I can't believe I got all that way and then nothing. Is there an issue?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by shorenuf on Sep 30, 11 8:42 PM
susan3285 wrote:I had the same problem. The screen went black after the last number was placed on the clock. I can't believe I got all that way and then nothing. Is there an issue?

Same thing here, susan3285. -- I am on a Mac running OS 10.6.8. -- are you, Idahonative, and dotw PC or Mac?

ETA: Black screen follow up…

I used Time Machine to reset my profile back before the last 10 minutes. I knew that I had not followed repairing the character's clocks in the correct order, and I had been putting the numbers in the clock as I collected them. So I made sure to do the Fisherman first. Then I put the numbers in the clock in the order they were collected. I was able to enter the clock, finish the game, and start the bonus chapter.

I still consider this a game glitch, but at least there was a solution.

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 10:19:58 PM PST

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by strilf on Oct 1, 11 5:58 AM
susan3285 wrote:I had the same problem. The screen went black after the last number was placed on the clock. I can't believe I got all that way and then nothing. Is there an issue?

Me too.
Any fixes about to happen regarding this, does anyone know?

/strilf, over and out.

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by star_359 on Oct 1, 11 12:33 PM
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is a technical issue or if you designed the game like this but the game doesn't save. I click "Main Menu" and I lose all the progress I've made and it erases my profile. Also, I was in the third chapter and in the strategy guide it says to move the armor to get to the doll but no matter where I clicked on the armor, it wouldn't move and there was nothing else for me to do.
It would be great it if I could get some suggestions.
Thanks

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by diamondgirl3660 on Oct 1, 11 2:22 PM
star_359 wrote:Hi,
I'm not sure if this is a technical issue or if you designed the game like this but the game doesn't save. I click "Main Menu" and I lose all the progress I've made and it erases my profile. Also, I was in the third chapter and in the strategy guide it says to move the armor to get to the doll but no matter where I clicked on the armor, it wouldn't move and there was nothing else for me to do.
Thanks

Same exact problem I'm having! the demo saved just fine, but once I downloaded the full game, I had to start over. Had to do an uninstall/reinstall at the puppet, and it loaded my old game, so I thought it was fine. I played for hours and then exited-now the game gone! I am so frusterated-I have started over once already and now lost everything.

[Post New]by LisaCee on Oct 1, 11 4:23 PM
netnanna wrote:"Unable to Initialize. game re-installation may be required", done it twice and still get same message. Off to techies for HELP!!

Me too! Hope you find a solution!

[Post New]by asdpc_lady on Oct 1, 11 6:52 PM
me too. I reloaded 3 times and got to the armor and same thing happens. Cannot move the armor and cant go forward in the game and won't save.

chaka4
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

options menu bugs

[Post New]by chaka4 on Oct 1, 11 8:22 PM
When I go to turn off music and close the options menu, the close box disappears and so do the music/sound on/off buttons. Then I just get stuck there with no way out. I've had to close the game via task manager or right clicking the task bar icon.

I hope you can fix this bug. I want to buy the full edition, but I won't if this keep happening during the trial version.

Thanks!

[Post New]by twinkles20039 on Oct 1, 11 10:13 PM
hi, did anyone have any problems with getting the bas relief in the armory thats suppose to go on the wall in the hall next to the princess picture, after I played the puzzle it went into the inventory, but when I went to use it, it wasnt there??? any suggestions?? and I can't find the puzzle with the numbers on it after the puzze in the gunpowder room??

djones6254
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by djones6254 on Oct 2, 11 5:54 AM
The game is all messed up...First up it doesn't save anything and second it isn't letting me get the puppet in the princess level. What is the deal? This is now the third CE game I have bought that as had several bugs in it. I have spent close to $200 on CE games this month alone. I am not very happy with BF at the moment. I like to enjoy a CE game on my time off from work and it pisses me off when I go to play one of your games and it is flawed. And another thing is that most of the people play on the weekends, when they get time off from work, and you guys are closed....this is crap. Stop putting CE games up for DL if you ARE NOT going to be there to help when your game don't work. Do you know how mad that makes people? And then having to wait weeks for a fix on a game you bought sucks too. I know you have game testers that tell you how flawed your games are, try fixing them before you release them to save us from yet another wasted weekend!!!!

djones6254
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by djones6254 on Oct 2, 11 5:57 AM
star_359 wrote:Hi,
Thanks

Same here...I lost all my progress too...I am so ticked off about this...they need to get there crap together and hire someone to work weekends to fix their very flawed games.

options menu bugs

[Post New]by claireifi on Oct 2, 11 7:19 AM
First game I've encountererd problems with - here are the issues:
1. unable to save (the worst punishment of all!!)
2. opening the Options screen causes a game freeze requiring a Task Manager intercept.

[Post New]by babspaul62 on Oct 2, 11 7:44 AM
Same here - have uninstalled twice, done all the suggestions in the help room, last night checked it all out by going out and coming in the game, and I was still playing. Great! - Now today wishing to continue the game, I am once again (4th time) a NEW PLAYER AAARRRGGHH!!!! - Will be wanting money back on this one....

[Post New]by justbelite on Oct 2, 11 9:22 AM
Hi there. I have been playing this game today and have got to the Princess chapter and on the **** at the vanity unit and I seem to have a glitch: SG says unlock the chess board with the key on top but no key. I've restarted the game once and still the same thing, am I missing something really obvious here or any suggestions to get it to work.

Thanks, Justbelite

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 2, 11 10:23 AM
Hi fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are experiencing the same black screen issue.

If you haven't already, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this will require you to start over from the beginning.

If that doesn't help either, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. The more information that we have about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the better!

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by BorisGVG on Oct 3, 11 6:15 PM
justbelite wrote:Hi there. I have been playing this game today and have got to the Princess chapter and on the **** at the vanity unit and I seem to have a glitch: SG says unlock the chess board with the key on top but no key. I've restarted the game once and still the same thing, am I missing something really obvious here or any suggestions to get it to work.

Thanks, Justbelite

Justbelite, the key for the chess board is on the far upper right corner on the scene (or screen), it's a very small whitish key. Thats the key for opening the chess board.
And to BFG personnel: We can't get the second puppet behind the crashed knight armor. We can't move the armor. I bought the full CE game, first I got "non saving" issue, but I created a new profile and so far so good, the game saves the progress, then the "second puppet" issue comes along. I reinstalled the game 4 times and 4 times I had to start all over again just for that second puppet issue and all 4 times i got that same issue again, I'm stuck. Any solutions?
Thanks.

[Post New]by Jason149 on Oct 3, 11 9:04 PM
I have same problem as a few others here. I got stuck and went to guide to see what I had missed. Apparently I needed to move the armor to get the other puppet but the armor wont move and I cant do anything else. Im sick of buying so many of these games only to have to reinstall one after the other just to try and get through the game. How about a lot more testing before you put these games out. Im sure a lot of us folks are getting pretty fed up

KimIam60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by KimIam60 on Oct 4, 11 7:48 AM
Does anyone know anything about the tin cover on the bucket. Can't find it. Does anyone know anything about this. This is the 1st CE I've bought and I'm going absolutely stircrazy.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 4, 11 11:43 AM
Hey BorisGVG and Jason149,

It sounds like both of you are having troubles with the puppet behind the pile of armor. This particular issue is caused by a progression blocker that detects the game may have not been purchased from Big Fish Games or a licensed affiliate. All licensed affiliates will redirect you to https://store.bigfishgames.com/cart.

To see if you can get past this part of the game, please make sure that you have installed this game from your Purchase History to rule out the possibility of any issues being caused by an illegitimate version. Here is a help article to assist you with this:

Reinstall a Purchased Game

KimIam60, you may want to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion' in case another player can help you find the tin cover.

If you are continuing to have any technical issues, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: