Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 29, 11 3:26 AM
This is a good game, but I liked the previous games a little bit more. The graphic is really good, also the gameplay, puzzles and hogscenes. I am not sure yet, if I want to buy the SE or the CE. I will wait for a few more reviews before making a decision. Happy gaming everyone

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 29, 11 3:27 AM
Checking both WS and FS options doesn't work for me, but it was worth a try--thanks!

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 29, 11 3:40 AM
Definitely goes on my wishlist. Love the intro and the graphics. Good there is more than one level of play. I usually do the easy one first then later on replay with harder level. I enjoyed the first 2 and will definitely get this one, though it will be SE ( unless any special offers come up)

[Post New]by heatherington on Sep 29, 11 3:41 AM
Hey, straight A's from TeamSD, "Fine Swine" from Miss Lisa, Cherbtoo giving us the length. Who's going to argue with that? I know I'm buying.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 29, 11 3:45 AM
cbtx wrote:
And WolfenRaindancer, if you see this maybe you can tell HOW you got the WS with no black bars?????????????

I didn't do anything...When I clicked on options, both full screen and wide screen were already checked and I could see that the game was filling my monitor screen entirely...I just now checked and my screen resolution is set at 1600 X 900, which my computer says is the recommended resolution for my monitor.

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Sep 29, 11 3:49 AM
Hi, Rebeca Lily
This game is actually in two time zones, modern and medieval. At least, that's the impression I'm getting.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 29, 11 4:21 AM
27heb49 wrote:Hi, Rebeca Lily
This game is actually in two time zones, modern and medieval. At least, that's the impression I'm getting.

Lol, yes, but when you pass to the medieval time, you can't allow there appearance of modern objects...compact disk in medieval time? Where do you find it?

Seems to me the programmers were a little bit lazy to change the screens...

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 29, 11 5:25 AM
I really enjoyed this game and will eventually buy it. Like I have said before I tend to wait for the SE unless I am desperate for something to play.

I loved the graphics and voice overs in this. The hidden object scenes are interactive and have some very original interaction. I was a bit confused on the mini games to start. Took a couple to figure out that the instruction are hidden in the hint button. That's a new one.

The only thing that bothered me was having the tool bar on top and dialogue on the bottom. i was used to before the hour was up but old habits die hard

of 5. can't find any reason from the hour trial to rate it any less

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 29, 11 6:00 AM
i found the electrical puzzles too much repetitive and not so interesting to do(opening doors with electrical pannels in medevial castle(it was something which was lacking in my gaming experience),some are more fresh and new (i 'll say,i'm near by the end)
you 'ld have good shoes,yes,after demo you have to travel often!in time and in places!some hint for the puzzles are not clear enough and some puzzles don't have reset button

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 29, 11 6:39 AM
well i enjoyed the demo, the dl was quick for me, i liked that the hog scenes have various interactive things in them, regular find, list items in red, that require a xtra move, and put items in thier place, the hint button recharges quickly, the game really held my interest,

hopefully game length estimates start trickling in soon

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Sep 29, 11 6:58 AM
Definite buy for me! I love the series and have been waiting for this one!

Thank you Devs and BF for the Mac version at the same time!

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Sep 29, 11 8:26 AM
I will definitely buy this one but I think I will wait for the SE version. I have bought two others in this series. No problems with this dev.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Sep 29, 11 8:48 AM
Love the game...not sure about a CE..I didn't use the Strategy Guide too much so far...but I love the game so it might be a buy next week....

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 29, 11 9:11 AM
This review is on the demo version.

When Mudrock announced this game on Monday I spent Tuesday and Wednesday replaying the first two games in the series so they would be fresh in my mind for comparison purposes. So, after playing the demo version all I can say is WOW! Thank you Orneon for returning to this series in such a positive and true way. It is obvious from the start this is not some lacklustre, half-hearted, effort.

The up front options offer sliders for music and sound, Full screen and Wide screen and Custom cursor. There are two play modes: "Regular", which gives additional hints and highlights active areas and "Advanced" which does not highlight active areas. The Strategy Guide is available during gameplay this time around and is does bookmark. There are no penalties for random clicking (just a "dinging" sound).

This episode begins where the last one ended - with us trapped in limbo in the museum. Our challenge is to free all the individuals who have been trapped in time warps, thus earning pieces of the master clock which, once repaired, will allow us our freedom.

LIke the previous games, you find inventory items in random places, as well as from hidden object scenes. The HOS's are still very imaginative with lots of interaction. Because this game spans several time periods, (present day to medieval), you will also find HOS scenes that span different periods of time.

It's a definite buy for me, so I'll be back with a full review after I've finished.

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 8:27:54 PM PST

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Sep 29, 11 9:35 AM
This is a really nice game. It has beautiful graphics, appropriate music, great voice overs and is all wrapped up in a neat package. Have no issue with game filling out screen. Lot's to do here. Has many interactive objects to find and use. Object scenes are not too difficult. Puzzles are well done and have good instructions. Have played all the games in this series and was not disappointed with this one. Whether a CE or an SE, game is well worth a download. I rate this a out of 5

selkatz
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by selkatz on Sep 29, 11 9:45 AM
I loved the first game and bought the second game which I haven't yet played. I only buy the regular editions and am curious as to what this has that the regular edition won't have, I don't use walkthrough and don't care about wall paper and that sort of thing. Just interested in game play.

Thanks.

Jill

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Sep 29, 11 9:54 AM
This is an excellent game. It has everything going for it, especially the length - 6 hours it took me - never had a game that long before and really appreciated it. It has loads of locations, great puzzles and a really interesting story. Graphics are clear and concise, something I really appreciate after all the grainy, grey games that just leave you wishing you were finished already. The bonus chapter has completely new locations and takes l hour. My one, tiny criticism is that the ending was rather abrupt, but that's a minor detail.

These Devs really went all out on this one, no scrimping, no time saving, nothing spared, they just put everything into it it's possible to put.

Really, really enjoyed it.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Sep 29, 11 10:38 AM
LOVED the BETA test, and knew this would be a sure buy for me. Great gameplay, adventuresome, inventive H0G scenes, creative storyline, and moreover - B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L Graphics.
All ran smooth as silk for me...but then again, my new puter has 12gs of RAM (so happy). However, I don't see any heavily laden graphics in this game that would impede a lower graphics capable computer's ability to run this game smoothly.
Thank you to the developers of this one: JOB WELL DONE!

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Sep 29, 11 10:50 AM
I have this game on a stationary PC with a widescreen monitor and the game fills out the whole screen I have this game also on a widescreen laptop and the game just will not fill out the screen no matter what I do.....

Strange, anyway I just love it and it's a definitive buy for me

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Sep 29, 11 11:14 AM
I finished the trial and I really like this game, hated to see it end. I also have the other echo games but really didn't want to buy another CE! But I did and it dl in a second, must have been already dl'd as the trial, and it fills my 22in screen. Usually I wait to dl till I have forgotten enough of the story to start over at the beginning but this game really sucked me in! I have no use for wallpapers etc so I am usually pretty happy with the Se and a walkthrough, but you all know there are just some games you have to have right now. Ok, gonna play while granddaughter naps, only free time for me today. Again everyone, thanks for your reviews, they are very valuable tool in my decsions to trial and or buy a game.

Go to: