ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:Comments for Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ShazPG on Sep 29, 11 2:58 AM
I'd like to make a reply to the comment that "some devs are jumping on the CE bandwagon". A dev I work for has recently had a game approved as a CE for the first time. It's no walk in the park. A dev can't just say "I think I'll make a CE". There are very strict requirements set by BFG that must be met before they will accept a game as a CE. It could take several submissions spread over several months - lots of time, effort, and headaches to get things "just right". Thanks to the process, I have a great deal of respect for any dev who is able to achieve CE with their game.

I've bought and downloaded, but I think I'll be waiting until the weekend to play. Hope you all enjoy

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 29, 11 4:16 AM
Only took me 15 minutes to decide to purchase! I loved the first two in the series and have played them each twice. I was always sorry I didn't get the CE of the second, so I'm going for it this time! So happy to see this!!

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Sep 29, 11 4:20 AM
Download and install took 9 minutes.

The second game was a CE.

The first two games had search lists and inventory at the top of the screen.

Full screen display without changing any settings. Not that side bars bother me in the first place.

Game runs smooth.

Full strategy guide is viewable in the demo so everyone should be able to guestimate their play time.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Sep 29, 11 7:20 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there sassielassie,
Yes it is a disappointment that this one is a CE, but aren't you even going to trial it?
Cheers

Hi there DLO

No thanks. Not going to even try. I am playing a game right now that I am enjoying very much. Roads to Rome 3. It's a fun little game. So I will just wait for the SE to come out. Besides knowing myself, I try it and I'll want to buy it.

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Sep 29, 11 8:13 AM
sooooo excited to try!!! love this series!!!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 29, 11 8:14 AM
elldee2728 wrote:Hey Everybody--I think this game is worthy of its "CE" title. As D-L-Oz noted, the developers and BFG have given us virtually the whole game as a demo, so if we decide to buy it, we already know the size, and don't have to spend any more DL time. The entire Strategy Guide with the demo? WTG, Orneon!

I think the storyline, the graphics (awesome!), the soundtrack, and the voice acting make this game CE-worthy.

I've posted a review (based on the demo) in the "Review" thread, but just wanted to give my here, too!

Regards, elldee

(P.S. Yep--We're all used to the "Inventory" being at the bottom of the screen. But in this one, in big, bold, almost-Neon letters, "Inventory" is at the top--I can handle it!)
Ditto! I played the demo for 48 minutes, loved it, bought it. I have been holding off buying the CEs, but this one I had to have. H0 scenes are well done, I only needed a few hints for the really dark areas. I love having lots of places to explore and find things. The inventory being at the top had me confused briefly. LOL
I love the voice-overs! Very nicely done.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 29, 11 8:40 AM
I'm not familiar with Echoes of the Past games so I will play the others (I noticed there was a few of them) while I wait for the SE for this one!

[Post New]by TJ1015 on Sep 29, 11 11:00 AM
Download was somewhat slow, but not as bad as some of them have been. My problem started when the game was attempting to "activate". After 30 mins of the game "activating" I shut down my game manager, opened it back up and it says that my trial has ended. So I can't trial the game to see if I want to purchase it or not. What gives?

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Sep 29, 11 12:29 PM
Poutoule wrote:Ann, you're downloading now, are you ?

Game took a short time to download, a bit over 5 minutes.

One big plus for this one, you don't have to exit the game to get to the SG (you had to in the last one) and the SG remains on the page you've left when it went right back at the beginning in the last game.

- Beautiful graphics
- H0 not too easy to find and you do interact
- Story : seems we'll never get rid of that witch, just as she can't get rid of us
- Didn't notice the music so it must have been acceptable
- Mini games easy up to now, they were tricky in the last one
- Hint refills pretty quickly, no need to find mirrors in H0 to get more hints
- A lot of walking (at least one pair of sneakers Goofy !) and a lot of items to collect

Obviously when you find a knife it has to be blunt so you need to find, etc, etc. If you see some hay, just ignore it though you know you'll find something useful under it, search for the tool first !

A good game, which I'm going to buy, even if I'm not overexcited about it. Hope the length is worth a CE.

Story : seems we'll never get rid of that witch, just as she can't get rid of us

Yes you can get rid of her. All you have to do is put her on one of the web sites that finds the perfect match (or you hope it does) for you. For the witch though, I'd probably find an ugly old toad (Prince) for her. You know, the one where you have to kiss the toad and he hopefully turns into a Prince Charming.

Game was good, Graphics nice and turned down the voice volume. HOGs were okay, but some I had to use a magnifying glass to find some of them.. I hated the explosions. Not good for the mother board of your PC. Will have to wait to see if I have enough $$$$ to buy. Hopefully game only costs $13.99 and not the usual
$19.99

Have a nice and safe day everyone.

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 12:39:32 PM PST

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 29, 11 6:12 PM
thanks shaz or the explanation of what makes a ce. i had not known that. (of course, that's just one of the many things i didn't know..) i liked this series, have all 3 of them now. have been playing but got stuck so i came into the pond to see if anyone else had come across it, which was no. i like the inventory on top, still getting used to it, but it keeps me from exiting the scene when i misclick. (new word i just made up) i also like that the sg keeps your place, and i that the demo was the entire d/l so i didn't have to re d/l it. genius! lots of things to do in this game, which i like, and yes, there is b & f but that's just part of the adventure. this game is extremely satisfying so far. on chapter 2. more later, gotta figure out what to do next!

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 6:13:03 PM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 29, 11 8:16 PM
Loving this game! It is a "toughie"!!

Lots of going back and forth - which is fine with me! The H0 scenes are really nicely done and there is some interaction there too!

I have not yet finished the game so hope it has a good ending. I've played for a few hours and am still not finished! I am trying my best to not use the SG (haven't yet) which is one reason I am not finished (I guess!), but a map would be kind of nice!

At any rate, I am perfectly satisfied with this game and will work on it again tomorrow! I hope everyone who is playing it enjoys it as much as I do!!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 3, 11 6:33 AM
I've already made a comment about this game but, having finished it, I want to add something :

THANKS DEVS

Echoes seem to get better and better, this one is a great game that really deserves to be a CE. I've enjoyed each and every minute of it (graphics, mini games, H0, story) and the bonus part is really worth it. Keep the good work, it's so seldom that we get a good CE now.

THANKS

[Post New]by dragoneyes3820 on Oct 3, 11 1:27 PM
Hi all, being new to forums totally, I purchased the CE of Citadels and am finding it very well put together with some hard to find hogs, which is good. However, I have a question and am not sure if this is the place to post it. I just started the scientists section and am at the door to his lab. I cannot find the key anywhere for the door. I have gone back about 10 scenes and still cannot find the key. I really could use some help. The guide just says use the key to open the door. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jellyfish.

[Post New]by susanleigh on Oct 26, 11 5:04 PM
Did the same thing; it's on the pier.

Martha66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Martha66 on Nov 4, 11 8:13 PM
where is the tin cover

Go to: