vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom technical issues here only

[Post New]by vingilot on Sep 30, 11 9:01 PM
Mac, running 10.6.8

Screen resolution still needs to be set at highest available or only get half-screen. For me, that's 1280 x 800.

During the goblin door puzzle, when pressing the dial to change the gear appearance, nothing happened. Once I had the ears, eyes and mouth set, the game automatically solved the puzzle and put the dial for the gear where it is supposed to be set.

Going into and out of cutscenes is a little slow. Got a black screen at one point and worried that the game had frozen, but then the cutscene finally started.

I got the same achievement twice - the one for solving 20 mini games without skipping.

And that was just the one demo.

A lot of little glitches, that make me wonder if there are any big ones lurking down the road. I don't remember any of these glitches in the CE, except the screen resolution of course.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Oct 1, 11 6:06 AM
I've noticed a ton of technical issues posted on here but not one response from tech support. Do they even read them?

eruther4d
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by eruther4d on Oct 1, 11 1:47 PM
On my PC the game music continues, but there is no video and no way to exit except ctrl/alt/delete, which closes down the computer entirely.

i have had this experience with several of these games.

[Post New]by rache1 on Oct 1, 11 3:09 PM
Same problem using a PC
Games gets to the loading screen flashes black, closes and goes back to game manager

[Post New]by britspaniel777 on Oct 1, 11 8:43 PM
Video is very jerky and shaky. Audio sounds good but it is as if the video and cut scenes are having a tough time catching up to what I want to do. Computer is only 2 years old and have never had problems running other BF Games on my computer. Any others having the same problems? I tried both the CE and SE games and both had this problem. Own the other Awakening games and no problems at all.

Thanks for any help.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Oct 2, 11 6:51 AM
I'm one of those people who enjoys reading the journal. There were several times when the new page in the journal was obviously the wrong one - either a page related to something I hadn't done yet or a page related to something I did a long time ago. But that was the only annoying glitch I found.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Oct 2, 11 12:19 PM
Like nearly everyone else here (who has a PC), I, too, am having EXACTLY the same problem with the SE Version of this game, as I had with the CE Version of it. Just like so many others, I'm able to view the BFG and Boomzap logos (with music playing in the background), then the loading bar fills near the bottom of the page. Then, the whole screen goes black & I'm returned to the Game Manager, without being able to sign in my name or play any part of the game.

I spent WEEKS working on this problem, almost daily, with Customer Service staff, via "Live Chat" & e-mail. Though I tried every option they suggested, NOTHING was wrong with my computer, so adjusting it dozens of different ways didn't do anything to fix the situation. They, finally, gave up trying to help me, gave me a free coupon for being so patient with the frustrating system, & I've been waiting, ever since, for the SE Version to come out (hoping IT would work, at least).

Though the Boomzap creators PROMISED us, weeks ago, that they would fix all of the technical glitches, so that we could ALL play the CE Version (if we were hoping to buy it), so far, it doesn't appear they're planning to keep their word on that subject. They DID release a technical fix for the Mac gamers, but they weren't having nearly as many problems as most PC players were having. I KNOW that the Customer Service staff are WELL AWARE that there are a large number of us who can't get either game to play. However, if you don't directly contact Customer Service (either via "Chat Live" or the Green Envelope), they won't have an accurate count as to just HOW MANY of us are being negatively impacted by this ongoing nightmare.

Considering that I, like nearly every other PC gamer here, own both of the previous Awakening games & have played them repeatedly, without any trouble, I am growing ever more convinced that the problem is with the new Game Manager. I've never had any problems play ANY Boomzap games, before, including the two previous Awakenings games. Why this one will not demo trial, in either the SE or the CE Versions seems incredibly unlikely/mysterious, if the Game Manager is NOT the problem. I've never had ANY game, made by ANY manufacturer, fail to load correctly, while I was attempting to demo trial it. This is a completely unfamiiliar experience, for me, & I don't know what else to do.

Why would deliberately release the SE Version, when they KNEW it was SO defective???

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Oct 3, 11 12:23 AM
Well this version is the same as the CE. It won't open up to full screen on my desk top pc either , and when I try to play with the full screen option it throws me out of the game too. I won't be buying this game at all.

honeekat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by honeekat on Oct 3, 11 4:12 AM
Despite having bought the full version, I get so far in the game and it tells me my trial version has expired and I need to buy the full version!!

I am getting really frustrated!

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Oct 3, 11 6:46 AM
RainbowExplorer wrote:... Considering that I, like nearly every other PC gamer here, own both of the previous Awakening games & have played them repeatedly, without any trouble, I am growing ever more convinced that the problem is with the new Game Manager. I've never had any problems play ANY Boomzap games, before, including the two previous Awakenings games. Why this one will not demo trial, in either the SE or the CE Versions seems incredibly unlikely/mysterious, if the Game Manager is NOT the problem. I've never had ANY game, made by ANY manufacturer, fail to load correctly, while I was attempting to demo trial it. This is a completely unfamiiliar experience, for me, & I don't know what else to do.

Why would deliberately release the SE Version, when they KNEW it was SO defective???

part of the reason they'll still release games that don't work for a great many people is that most people will not complain about a product that doesn't work as it should, they will simply chalk it up to computer or user error and let it go. the gamers that do let BFG know that there's an error get nothing more than a walkthrough of the tech support suggestions, and then a free credit thrown at you to shut you up. which is great because at least you get to try a different game, but which also sucks because it's kinda like they're saying they're not going to fix it, so go get something else. I'm becoming frustrated, because I've gone from 0 games with glitches to an almost 10% error rate in less than 30 days. oh, and there's still officially nothing wrong with my machine. grrrrrrr..... so they're playing the odds - odds are that not everyone will experience the issue, and odds are that many of those that do experience the issue will not complain about it.

hansa44
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by hansa44 on Oct 3, 11 5:12 PM
Well...I didn't get a black screen. I got a big blue screen with lots of printed technical stuff on it but the gist of it was....Windows is shutting down my computer before this program (Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom) can do any damage to my computer.

I immediately shut it down, then came here to see if there's a fix. Haven't seen one.

Now what? Is it safe to try again? Does anyone know if it's safe when a blue screen comes up?

Thanks, hansa

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Oct 3, 11 10:04 PM
hansa44 wrote:Well...I didn't get a black screen. I got a big blue screen with lots of printed technical stuff on it but the gist of it was....Windows is shutting down my computer before this program (Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom) can do any damage to my computer.

I immediately shut it down, then came here to see if there's a fix. Haven't seen one.

Now what? Is it safe to try again? Does anyone know if it's safe when a blue screen comes up?

Thanks, hansa

hansa44: Boomzap hurried out with a fix for the Mac players on the CE, but never put out a fix for the pc players. It seems the same problems are appearing in the SE that were in the CE. I for one will not be buying this game unless they put out an entirely new version. The problem I had with both versions, is that it won't open to a full screen. Lots of tech probs w/both versions.

[Post New]by katem105 on Oct 5, 11 4:09 PM
After reading the other technical posts and seeing what has been posted, I do not think this has been addressed. When I load the game it does not fill the screen and keeps the top and bottom menu bars showing. Has anyone else had this happen, and, if so, please post what you did to remedy it. I have tried changing the aspecting with no luck.

[Post New]by caravanserai on Oct 6, 11 11:56 AM
I'm getting reverted back to the game manager also when starting the game.
Hope there's a fix.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Oct 6, 11 9:44 PM
katem105 wrote:After reading the other technical posts and seeing what has been posted, I do not think this has been addressed. When I load the game it does not fill the screen and keeps the top and bottom menu bars showing. Has anyone else had this happen, and, if so, please post what you did to remedy it. I have tried changing the aspecting with no luck.

As I posted above, this happened to me in the CE and the SE. Only other time this happened was with Margrave, the Severed Heart. I went to the Options section, clicked "off" the "full screen" button and it opened up...go figgure that one. But that didn't work with this game. When I did that with this game, it keept throwing me out of the game....so until they issue a totally new version, I won't be buying this game. If you check, you will see that there are more tech complaints than there are reviews or comments.

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on Oct 8, 11 5:44 AM
I am using a Mac. Having the same problems as the window players. Downloaded and only have half screen. As soon as I put my player name in it goes back to game manager. The second time I tried it completely deleted the game out of GM.

Oh so frustrating.

[Post New]by Susan8906 on Oct 8, 11 11:20 AM
In the mines, the pocket dragon will not light three of the torches It lighted one, but will no do the other three. Has anyone solved this problem? The walkthrough says to use the pocket dragon to light the torches!

Tvini
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Tvini on Oct 8, 11 3:48 PM
Susan8906 wrote:In the mines, the pocket dragon will not light three of the torches It lighted one, but will no do the other three. Has anyone solved this problem? The walkthrough says to use the pocket dragon to light the torches!

Susan8906, I initially thought I had this problem, but I was just imprecise in my clicks. Or rather, I hadn't clicked on the one tiny spot it thought was the torch. I had to click like a madwoman but finally found the "sweet spot" which the game recognized. I don't know if that's your issue, but it seems similar.

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Oct 9, 11 3:55 AM
I have had the same problem with both the CE and SE versions - BF screen - dev screen and the loading screen - within 2 seconds I'm thrown back to GM. Reported vai green envelope and after 1 week, finally got an answer to upgrade usual - direct x and drivers. Did that - no difference - reported back and this is their answer

"I do apologize that this is happening, but as this is the latest release and the newest in the series, it wouldn't be built with the same software configurations that previous versions used in the past. So, even though they're created by the same company the technology used to create the games is much more advanced than the older releases. I checked our statistics with the developer and it looks there doesn't currently seem to be an issue open with the game. Even when complaints seem rife on the forums we very rarely see over a 1% error rate on a game, The Goblin Kingdom included. This has mostly been happening with customers with older systems trying to run this game-- most of which who have been able to sort this out with a few updates."

I am surprised that they can say this considering the amount of problems reported in this forum (and many other game forums too).
I have played lots of "NEW" games with no problems - why is this any different?
They have recommended more updates but I'm not confident they will work either.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Oct 9, 11 5:15 PM
to addictedtofish: You are sooooo right!!! That was a bs answer from BFG. I wonder if they'll lock this out. This is not a new version. As I have already posted, this game would not open up to full screen in the CE version for me, and it will not open up to full screen in the SE version either. If you check out some of the tech issues in the CE forum and then the SE forum, you will see that a lot of them are the same. In fact, right now, there are more complaints on the SE than there are reviews or comments...that ought to tell BFG something, wouldn't you think? Personally, I would not bother downloading anything they suggest, or changing any of your settings, as I am sure it wouldn't do any good.

Go to: