llstjohn
Flounder
Flounder
2,487 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by llstjohn on Dec 28, 11 12:28 AM
Like many of you, I got the access error code. Kind of weird, tho--I only get it when I try to open the game from the game manager. If I use the desk top icon it opens and plays. Very choppy but it plays. Seems like updating this and reinstalling that and checking for the other thing is an awful lot of hoops to jump through to play a game. But I tried to update my nVidia video card from their website. Must have taken a wrong turn somewhere because they want me to buy it. Don't want to pay 30 dollars to play a 7 dollar game.

Gill_R
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by Gill_R on Jun 5, 12 5:48 AM
Downloaded the trial version of the CE today and had been playing for around about 40 - 45 mins, I think, when the game froze on me. As in totally froze the imac: I had to power off and restart.

But this is the really weird bit: it has disappeared from Game Manager. It still shows in "Applications" but won't start up from there.

I was looking forward to picking up this CE with today's coupon offer but am reluctant to reinstall only to find the same issue occurs. Up until then, it had been playing perfectly.

Am running OSX 10.7.4 and all my software is up to date (have just double checked).

Any ideas?

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 5:48:40 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jun 6, 12 4:49 AM
I bought this as the Day Five bargain. I completed the game but when I tried to get back in to play the bonus content, I got:

Error: Access Violation 0x009B65F3 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

It seems as if the bugs in this game have not been fixed. Not good, BFG.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jun 6, 12 12:09 PM
I played this game yesterday for about 30 or so minutes after buying it at "Anniversary" price. I went to play today and got a black screen. I have to CtlAltDel to get out of it. I have uninstalled and am waiting to see in this Forum if there will be a fix in place. If not, I'll ask for credit on my account. Very disappointing.

lawfalot
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lawfalot on Jun 6, 12 9:59 PM
I got a few Access Error messages, but was able to restart and continue through the main game.
However, when I try to play the Extras game, it freezes on the loading screen, a little over halfway (as an estimate). I can get out by using Alt+F4, so at least don't have to use Task Manager or manual shut-down.
I do have a downloaded graphics card driver update, not installed, yet. I will try that and hope for the best. I thought maybe it was stuck trying to find the files, so defragmented, but that didn't solve the problem.
Windows XP SP3, nVidia card.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 7, 12 12:22 AM
Gill_R, if you've already tried the updates, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that works and if that doesn't help, to get in touch with Tech Support.

Rhysdux and lawfalot, please take a look at the below help article, an update to your graphic card drivers may solve this issue:

Access Violation

Faylyn, you may want to see if an update to one of the components needed to play our games might help. Here is a help article with more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still is giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Jun 7, 12 1:02 PM
Well, here goes. I can play the game,but can't read the S. Guide because of the flickering words. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Updated video card, and I think the Adobe card and have Directx 11. This is the third game to do this, but I played on using the little side pictures in the SG (they didn't flicker). I don't want a refund on this 5 star but I'm no pc wizard and I'm running low on patience.help. I just bought this as a sale CE for $6.99 so it should be the new version ???

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jun 8, 12 6:13 AM
I bought this during the sale. It is a shame that BFG put a game with so many issues in a celebration sale.

I got the access violation going into the bonus game, but it worked the next time I tried.
And I once started the game and had no text anywhere - made the HOS interesting.
But I did finish the entire game despite the problems.

Oh - I have a brand new PC bought last month.

[Post New]by pchatkem on Jun 8, 12 6:30 PM
I can not get the piano key scene to work I have the correct code I have tried it several times....Help...I'm now seeing there are lots of problems with this game .

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Jun 8, 12 10:25 PM
The bonus game won't load. I've tried several different times, and it won't do it. Also, the game itself is sluggish. Not the plot or pacing, but picking things up, moving my cursor--very sluggish. I've played more graphics-heavy games that don't have this problem, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

[Post New]by ffzeus on Sep 2, 12 8:52 PM
Second time to HOS in rear of crashed VW. Hammer over top of cookie will not allow you to pick up the cookie.

Can't pick up the bullet in the second HOS of the car trunk

[Post New]by angela_ballard75 on Sep 3, 12 9:51 PM
I bought the CE for iPod touch and I can't seem to pick up the bullet in the second HOS of the car trunk!! I read the reviews on the game and I'm not the only one having this problem. I just wish I had read the reviews first and perhaps I wouldn't have purchased this game. Do the moderators actually ever read and respond to posts here? I am a HUGE fan of BFG and really want to play this game but I don't want to have continually reinstall to fix bugs.

[Post New]by sbardo on Sep 4, 12 8:40 PM
I have an iPad and I can't pick up the cookie either. Without it I can't progress. Help!

[Post New]by Djezebel on Sep 22, 12 1:06 AM
On the iPhone version of Lockwood Manor I'm stuck with a black screen in the Bonus Game. I went out of the house to take a look around, went into the cemetery. The gates locked behind me (which made me think my visit was expected) and when I tried to re-enter the house through the corridor the screen went black.
Is this a bug or can I do something myself to fix it?

lovintnt
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by lovintnt on Oct 11, 12 1:21 PM
Kyasarin wrote:The bonus game won't load. I've tried several different times, and it won't do it. Also, the game itself is sluggish. Not the plot or pacing, but picking things up, moving my cursor--very sluggish. I've played more graphics-heavy games that don't have this problem, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I'm having the same problem. It hangs on the loading screen. Very frustrating to pay for the CE and only get the SE.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 11, 12 3:21 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're experiencing problems with the iPad or iPhone versions of the game, you can first take a look at our help article here which may offer some advice on how to correct the issue you're experiencing:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch

lovintnt, If you're experiencing problems opening the bonus game or with freezing, you can try the suggestions here on this help article that go over how to update programs and drivers, which might be causing those issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Of course, if those suggestions aren't working, you can contact our Tech Support Team and they will be happy to assist you further to make sure you can enjoy the game.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: