Re:Post any Love Story: The Beach Cottage technical issues here only

[Post New]by MindlessGamer on Oct 28, 11 4:12 AM
Hi, I have the same problem as srcallum. Whengoing up the lighthouse stair case I got an error: access violation at 0X00741D1A (tried to read from 0X00F85000), progress terminated. Direct X is up to date. Can anyone help?

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Oct 29, 11 4:07 AM
Minagirl777 wrote: Hi all. New member here, and first time forum poster - bear with me! The Beach Cottage is simply beautiful, I am enjoying it, but I am simply stuck where it tells me I need to go back to the secret cave again. When I do, and try to go inside, something is blocking entry; then it tells me that "maybe I can get into it fron the other side" - now, where on earth IS "the other side"?? I have searched every which way and can't find it!

I am having the same problem. Don't know if it's the game or me. I can't find the other side or any way to get there and the front entrance is blocked by rocks!

HELP!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by MindlessGamer on Nov 2, 11 12:17 AM
The same error message appeared when I tried to go up the lighthouse staircase too. I have tried to reload the game and the same thing happened, the screen goes black. Must be a bug in The Beach Cottage game. I have written to the tech support line today for assistance and am still awaiting a reply. Will post again if I find a fix :-)

[Post New]by nonnab42 on Nov 9, 11 7:52 AM
6965097 wrote:I can not get the toggle switch to attach to the lighthouse box. I keeps saying that I need it when I already have it. Thank you.

[Post New]by nonnab42 on Nov 10, 11 6:05 AM
KathyGriggs wrote:I am unable to actually retrive the message under the pier. I broke the bottle, clicked on the message and it did go into the "messages folder", BUT it also stayed in the scene too, which means I cannot pick up the half heart locket under the message. I have tried everything and cannot get it to MOVE!!!

I, personally, have requested a credit. I don't want a game I can't play. Pity, too. I loved the other Love Story, and was really enjoying this.

Happy gaming fishies!!

[Post New]by Kris2062 on Nov 15, 11 3:25 PM
nonnab42 wrote:
6965097 wrote:I can not get the toggle switch to attach to the lighthouse box. I keeps saying that I need it when I already have it. Thank you.

I too cannot get the toggle switch to attach. I think it is almost the end of the adventure, but how frustrating. Is there any fix? I have tried exiting the game and restarting a couple of times, but that didn't work.

Edited on 11/15/2011 at 3:27:37 PM PST

[Post New]by ivysusie on Dec 5, 11 10:30 AM
I was almost done, but the toggle switch won't go on.

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Dec 25, 11 2:31 PM
I was happilly playing on a newish laptop The game played fine for a long time then I got an access error. I hate to reinstall so am hoping you have ideas.

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Dec 26, 11 2:04 PM
Mine crashed when entering the lighthouse also. With the same error message.

[Post New]by jbgranny on Dec 31, 11 10:18 PM
Minagirl777 wrote: Hi all. New member here, and first time forum poster - bear with me! The Beach Cottage is simply beautiful, I am enjoying it, but I am simply stuck where it tells me I need to go back to the secret cave again. When I do, and try to go inside, something is blocking entry; then it tells me that "maybe I can get into it fron the other side" - now, where on earth IS "the other side"?? I have searched every which way and can't find it!

[Post New]by jbgranny on Jan 11, 12 8:27 PM
jbgranny wrote:

jang343
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jang343 on Feb 18, 12 12:28 AM
THe other side of the cave is above and to the right of the park scene..
You will see the house on your left, the park in the middle ( with the fountain) and the cave up and to the right .

[Post New]by stellamg on Apr 7, 12 2:05 PM
The game on mac is crashing. My mac should up to date with the most recent versions of the programs running.

The message from my computer:

Process: LoveStory_TheBeachCottage [462]
Path: /Applications/Love Story The Beach Cottage.app/Contents/Resources/.Game/Love Story The Beach Cottage.app/Contents/MacOS/LoveStory_TheBeachCottage
Identifier: com.playfirst.playgroundskeleton
Version: ??? (1.0.1.10)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [128]

Date/Time: 2012-04-07 13:48:59.631 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.3 (11D50b)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 582637 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 7
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 10024 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 6
Anonymous UUID: 01324406-B251-41C1-9206-EB795E56F4FE

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

etc. etc.

So I cannot play the very end of the game (after I open the drawer in Charlie's bedroom).
Hope you can help.

[Post New]by matkasouza on Apr 28, 12 10:19 PM
I have an issue at the end of the game. Unfortunately, I did not pick up the key in the window in the lighthouse that would open the drawer in Charlie's room. Therefore, while I know how the story ends, it would have been lovely to be able to see the end, and find out where Charlie had been all those years. So, now what to do. I definitely do not want to re-play the entire game to get to that end. I actually purchased the game by pressing the wrong button.

[Post New]by MLIB69 on Jul 24, 12 3:27 PM
dreamwind wrote:I am also getting "Error: Access violation at 0x00741D1A (tried to read from 0x00F85000), program terminated."

The game installed and played fine until I got to the lighthouse. Think I might be near the end of the game? Just saw Charlie and needed to fix the lamp to contact him. Then the screen went black, no error message. Next time I tried to start it up, it gave the above Access Violation error. Have not been able to start it up since that crash, it always goes straight to the black screen/error message and then closes.

Has anyone found a fix for it yet? I would really like to see how it ends!

Dewski
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Dewski on May 28, 13 4:36 PM
I go to enter the lighthouse with the toggle switch and the screen goes black. I tried to restart computer and it still goes black! Just for the record, I'm streaming this game. I went back into the game at a later time to see that I had to start over last night. Was almost back to the point I was the first time & saved it. Came back today to see that I have to start all over again????

Edited on 05/29/2013 at 8:29:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Nightstar316 on Jul 2, 13 9:07 PM
got to where the telescope needs to be put together and it said "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close program and notify if there is a solution". Does anyone know what I can do?

[Post New]by Tuckered1 on Dec 9, 13 8:19 AM
I am having problems with missing things. I got the oil can filled the jug and now it's missing I can't go any farther. Need to oil the door hinges and my oil vanished...help!!!

Go to: