1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Reviews for Love Story: The Beach Cottage

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Oct 1, 11 8:52 AM
I like the dark games but sometimes a change of pace is great. I am also a sucker for a good love story and this one fits the bill. It is also a well made game. It was a definite buy for me!!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 1, 11 10:07 AM
Hey Valdy--Thanks for the SPOILER ALERT, but it's kinda tough to close your eyes or put your hand up to the screen so you don't read your last paragraph! I think highlighting it and "whiting" it out would be a good idea--I'd rather find out for myself about the young lover-boy and the father, rather than you telling me.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Oct 1, 11 10:24 AM
Lovely game, peaceful and relaxing. I found the time flying as I played it. The one stumbling block for me were the small items in the hidden object portion of the games; in many cases, they were too tiny for me to distinguish what they were. But someone who has fewer vision problems might find that less of an issue. The story is good, the art is nice--it is just a good, solid game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 1, 11 10:52 AM
elldee2728 wrote:Hey Valdy--Thanks for the SPOILER ALERT, but it's kinda tough to close your eyes or put your hand up to the screen so you don't read your last paragraph! I think highlighting it and "whiting" it out would be a good idea--I'd rather find out for myself about the young lover-boy and the father, rather than you telling me.

Hi Elldee...

Yes, I could do that in future, if I remember. Didn`t think of it. After all, all we are told is to add "Spoiler Alert" to our posts, not use a white text colour. But yes, I also can`t turn a blind eye to the text that is underneath the "spoiler alerts" when one comes up.

ETA: Okies... just gave the spoiler a white coat.

Edited on 10/01/2011 at 10:55:44 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 1, 11 10:58 AM
THANKS for the reviews I can't STOP and not read a ALERT either it makes me MORE noseeeeeeeeeeee

I LOVE the story and I agree its better than all the Dark and Devilish games.. ( I do like some of them BUT way toooooo many here lately for my cup of tea

Happy Gaming
PEN

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Oct 1, 11 12:24 PM
Have to add my agreement with both the positive and negative comments here. The game is lovely (I may need to own it just for the ocean scenes alone!), the music is OK, if a bit repetitive, the story is engaging....however, at 59 minutes of demo time I am almost halfway through the game - with no hints, no skips, and reading all dialogue. I am a fan of this sort of laid back game for days when I don't feel frantic, and will most likely use a PCC on this game, but be warned, fishies - it IS short!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Oct 1, 11 12:37 PM
elldee2728 wrote:Hey Valdy--Thanks for the SPOILER ALERT, but it's kinda tough to close your eyes or put your hand up to the screen so you don't read your last paragraph! I think highlighting it and "whiting" it out would be a good idea--I'd rather find out for myself about the young lover-boy and the father, rather than you telling me.

elldee!!! Valdy fixed it to white text but then I got it spoiled reading your comment!! LOL!!! Can you white out your last sentence for the next guy?

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 1, 11 1:13 PM
I am an old romantic at heart and yes, I do have the first Love Story game and really liked it. This one is a bit different, a little slow, but nice. It's a good thing to have something nice for a change. Games are different and not as easy as they look. The only thing that I really didn't much care for, and I know this is such a little thing, is the fact that you hear only one foot step wherever you go. Must be extremely small rooms. Silly, isn't it. I love the beach and the beach sounds, so this is a buy for me...just what I need on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Oct 1, 11 1:51 PM
I agree with dancemom that this a lovely game. I prefer it over the first one. I love the beach and the sun on the water and sand is so pretty to look at. This will give me an enjoyable afternoon while I listen to the baseball playoffs. Go Tigers!!!!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Oct 1, 11 2:40 PM
Just finished the game and did enjoy it, although it was extremely short. The first game was far more involved and a lot longer. Expected something a little more, but as I said, I did enjoy listening to the beach sounds and am not sorry I used a credit for this one.

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Oct 1, 11 3:59 PM
Granted, as a romance novel fanatic, this was an easy sell. A few parts were annoying, and there's a lot of "back and forth" venturing, but overall, this was a lovely game. Not too many hidden object parts to make me start cursing, and my only complaint is that the game was too short. Beautiful scenery, beautiful music, and above all, a wonderful storyline. At least it didn't start with a dark and stormy night!

[Post New]by malissanj04 on Oct 1, 11 4:06 PM
Game was fun, but i was done about 30 minutes after I finished the 1 hour trial. I wish it had been a little longer.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 1, 11 4:11 PM
What a refreshing game.. I didn't get on until later as was watching football game and was pleasantly surprised to see a game like this offered on a cold rain filled day. The graphic's were clear and music was so soothing. Storyline is great too, something that makes you remember days of old. Might buy when I get my extra games. Thanks BFG.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Oct 1, 11 4:27 PM
I found this to be an incredibly precious game! The interface was very well done and finding items, completing puzzles, etc. was quick and simple. The graphics were nicely done and the piano music was soothing and relaxing.

I finished in 2 - 1/2 hours and found the game very entertaining. I used a punch card credit, but I would have been glad to pay full price for this game. For the quality and story line, which was very sweet, I didn't find the game too short at all. This game definitely has quality over quantity!

There was more going to and fro than I expected, but it was not overly done. The puzzles were fairly easy and the hidden objects were cleverly done, with moving objects around to find x number of items, finding matching objects, manipulating objects, all in a way that was refreshingly different.

The story of a lady's long lost love, the ease of play, and excellent interactivity make this a wonderful light game - a pleasant change from the dark and eerie games I am usually drawn to. The ending left me with a smile on my face and a warm glow inside.

Thanks BFG, what a great way to spend an evening!

[Post New]by nannaroper on Oct 1, 11 4:29 PM
Happy little Vegemite, winter has returned to Sydney , raining, cold and windy, this is going to be a good day, knew when I saw this it was a buy, love it, off to spend a snuggly Sunday, coffee in hand my kind of game.

Reviews for Love Story: The Beach Cottage

[Post New]by mariseaurchin on Oct 1, 11 6:16 PM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Love Story: The Beach Cottage? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/180462.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by mariseaurchin on Oct 1, 11 6:28 PM
Absolutely, definitely,I love this game. I liked the first one, but this new love story is better.
Usually, I play spooky games just for excitement.
However, this game has a story, so I enjoyed it so much.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Oct 1, 11 8:52 PM
The graphics are beautiful, the theme is refreshingly different, the music is lovely and so far it seems there are lots of items to find and use.

What I like:

-The "shell" holding the items and a greyed out outline of what is needed but not yet found. So much easier then trying to figure out what will be needed.

-Being able to use "partial items" instead of having to wait until you have the complete number of them. You still have to wait until you collect them all to move to the next stage (which is usually a minigame).

-Having a count of items showing (i.e. 1 of 4 glass shards, etc.). You know how many are needed and how many more you need to find.

-Not a linear game so you can move to different locations and search and pick up items as you find them. Of course some actions cannot be completed until certain items are found first.

-Graphics that are beautiful and easy on the eyes.

What I don't like:

-No map-with all the items that are found, it is hard to remember where to use them.

-Zoom in areas (ones with the magnifying glass) that no longer contain items that are needed. Once the zoom-in area is cleared of useful items, it needs to disappear. It is annoying to go back to an area and click on it thinking there is something there you might have missed only to realize there is nothing there to do or collect.

Despite these two drawbacks, I still want to purchase the game. I'm only mentioning these "flaws" in hopes the devs read it and improve future games with this in mind. Thank you though devs for the listening to us and improving the games with the enhancements we suggested, such as having two modes of play. As a gamer and purchaser I appreciate the attention you show to our comments.

ford05
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ford05 on Oct 1, 11 9:17 PM
I loved it we need more of these games , it was a real love story

[Post New]by justbetheclay on Oct 1, 11 10:05 PM
DANG !!! I'm sorry, but I don't like this game at all. Foolishly, I bought before demoing it because I have the first " Love Story" game. It is too short, and there is a whole lot of walking back and forth and back and forth. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade.
God Bless

Go to: