letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

Re:Post any Fairway Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 5, 11 8:24 AM
well i luv card games and my mental mindset was well...lets try it!

now this is the second game that has given me the 'big snow blizzard screen' and just had wonderful 'music'...oh!...plz...not again

so i tried my other games and no problems...very very strange...no!...did not crash, freeze, ...just blank

but...

i just read there was an update ... o.k....just pretend this is INVISIBLE!

maybe will try again when in a better mood...maybe?

thx... hondo...

[Post New]by denyce2301 on Oct 6, 11 9:12 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with the 1000 buck when you get so many cards in a row....it is just giving me how many card I clicked in a row not the 1000 bucks even when i go beyond the arrow. Frustrating as you need the buck to buy irons and I cant earn enough to contiue. Also when you you win the 3 star the other window does not crack all the time, I have to exit the game and reload the page.

[Post New]by kdmathison on Oct 9, 11 4:53 AM
On stage 6, I'm also having the issue of the next course not opening after completing the previous course successfully. I've attempted to install the updated version a number of times today, but nothing happens. I even rebooted my computer and then tried again to install the update. The game never reloads. The game manager opens up, but no download. Do I have to uninstall the entire game before updating the game? I would hate to do this because then I would have to start all over again.
Thanks- Kathleen

BSF0819
Flounder
Flounder
2,129 Posts

[Post New]by BSF0819 on Oct 9, 11 1:12 PM
I'm having an issue where the game doesn't play at all and it closes the Game Manager when I hit play.

[Post New]by doddiebech on Oct 9, 11 2:11 PM
I completed course #77 and it will not let me continue to Page 6 and the rest of the courses...............Please help

[Post New]by musette1022 on Oct 10, 11 8:00 AM
I'm having the same problem as Bella. I know there's a fix, but does that mean I lose all my previous progress. Is this a whole new download or a patch that fixes just that problem. I guess the only other thing I'd add is that I don't have the ability to buy irons in the golf shop as well. Thanks

[Post New]by kardava on Oct 11, 11 3:20 AM
I'm having a problem with not getting the bonus for having 3 star on all courses for the diamond courses, is it because I haven't bought all the extra courses that are on page 7?

[Post New]by LisaMockingbird on Oct 13, 11 5:13 PM
not sure where to post small bugs: I have earned 28/31 trophies on the trophies tab but on the "records" tab it says trophies earned "13" on the "me tab" and so some unknown leia or somebody I've no clue who is still holds the record with a sad 21 trophy scrore. Trying to knock all those unknown people off my top scores lists can't do it until this small bug is fixed
thanks!

fomalhaut
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by fomalhaut on Oct 14, 11 4:28 PM
LisaMockingbird wrote: I have earned 28/31 trophies on the trophies tab but on the "records" tab it says trophies earned "13" on the "me tab" and so some unknown leia or somebody I've no clue who is still holds the record with a sad 21 trophy score.

I have that same problem.

Another bug is that the $1000 Great Shot bonus doesn't always get rewarded, even for extremely long runs. I had a run of 37 cards and only got $60.

drgroove
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by drgroove on Oct 14, 11 5:20 PM
Having the same issue as LisaMockingbird and fomalhaut (my trophies locked at 13 though I have only 2 left to get and sporadic $1000 Great Shot reward). I also experienced an issue where, near the end of my game on Arid Out Golf Hole 3, I had a 10 showing in my draw pile face up card and clicking on an unobstructed Jack on the playing field produced no results. Very frustrating. Sidenote: This is a great game once you get past the changes from Fairway Solitaire. (Really missed Ben's Aussie accent for a while but Tommy's brogue is equally great - some of his comments are a riot.) Many improvements IMO (like the way the X-ray glasses work now including the disappearance of that annoying buzzzzzzz!). One glaring loathsome addition: must EVERYTHING decent on earth contain ADVERTISING now??!! Please, I beg you, REMOVE that blatant plug for BFG from the repartee! It does NOT endear one to this game or Big Fish Games - and I am a big fan of both!

[Post New]by sreining77 on Oct 21, 11 8:56 AM
I had the original problems, with the game....deleted, then reloaded the game, and have been playing for a few weeks with no problems since then. Today, while playing, it is again not opening up the courses after I win one...I am on page 6 and got three stars and the next course is still locked? If I shut down the game and re-open it, I can then play the next course, but I would have to do that after winning every course? Is there anyone else with this problem? Is there anything I can do? Thanks!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 21, 11 1:26 PM
Hello everyone,

If the new build for this game hasn't resolved the issues in the game, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with a description of what you're experiencing and our representatives will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by enu469 on Oct 28, 11 6:33 PM
Not a huge problem , but more of an annoyance: I only get a black screen during the video/movie portions between rounds. I can only see a still under the movie tab but nothing else. Audio works tho...

Edited on 10/29/2011 at 12:58:12 PM PST

unitedred7
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by unitedred7 on Nov 1, 11 5:09 AM
Same problem happening with me on page 6, courses not opening. Have the developers actually checked this game, I'm going to have to reinstall the game, but I don't have a lot of confidence that its fixed.

Poutysmurf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Poutysmurf on Nov 5, 11 7:01 AM
kdmathison wrote:On stage 6, I'm also having the issue of the next course not opening after completing the previous course successfully. I've attempted to install the updated version a number of times today, but nothing happens. I even rebooted my computer and then tried again to install the update. The game never reloads. The game manager opens up, but no download. Do I have to uninstall the entire game before updating the game? I would hate to do this because then I would have to start all over again.
Thanks- Kathleen

Having the same problem.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 5, 11 9:53 AM
Hello everyone,

In order to install the newest build, you do need to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. Your progress is saved in a separate save file and shouldn't be affected by this.

If you need further help, please get in touch with Tech Support and our reps will be happy to work with you one-on-one. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mizmoose on Nov 18, 11 3:56 PM
Minor bug: When I hit the "play" button for this game, the Game Manager closes!

The game plays fine, and I bought it after the latest version came out.

It's not serious, it mostly just amuses me, but the creators should probably know this happens.

Howery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Howery on Nov 27, 11 9:39 PM
Trophy's-------------In the records room it shows me having 13 trophy's but in the Trophies room it shows me having 31 of 31 trophy's----------What is up with the wrong numbers.

[Post New]by Doveswind1 on Dec 30, 11 6:22 AM
On the records list my score is stuck on 13 trophys. I have 27 but don't know what to do to fix that one. Everything else is right. This is really frustrating because it shows someone with 21 trophys as high. How do I fix it?

Also what is Superstar? I've looked all over the game and find nothing about that.

On the "Make no mistake" trophy it says on a 6 hole course have no missed cards, which I get, but it also says and no clicking on unplayed cards. Where are the unplayed card? What exactly does that mean? It may be an ignorant question but I need help on this one... she said with an embarrassed smile.
Thanks,
Doveswind

[Post New]by peppgirl on Feb 25, 12 11:54 AM
I am having trouble with the mini game in Fairway CE called "Fever" When I click on Fever it takes me to a empty golf course screen and doesn't let me click on anything except the exit buttons.

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 12:34:25 PM PST

Go to: