ginro
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Oddly Enough: Pied Piper technical issues here only

[Post New]by ginro on Oct 8, 11 3:43 PM
crazy8club wrote:game opened up but on page where options, credits, etc. are listed. will not go into game play. got voices telling story though and everything on myf dang PC is up to date. bad enough they took a game credit I purchased on Friday, 9/30. saving that to get a CE....
I have had 4 game club credits taken when I tried to use my punch card credits. I let BFG know and they refunded my credits and then I bought them again. Seems like a lot of trouble, but I was saving my credits for CE's as well. Let them know ~ happy gaming!!

ginro
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ginro on Oct 8, 11 3:44 PM
crazy8club wrote:game opened up but on page where options, credits, etc. are listed. will not go into game play. got voices telling story though and everything on myf dang PC is up to date. bad enough they took a game credit I purchased on Friday, 9/30. saving that to get a CE....
I have had 4 game club credits taken when I tried to use my punch card credits. I let BFG know and they refunded my credits and then I bought them again. Seems like a lot of trouble, but I was saving my credits for CE's as well. Let them know ~ happy gaming!!

Re:error

[Post New]by ratsygirl on Oct 9, 11 4:40 AM
I am stuck, I am at the point of adding the masks to the door and the game gets stuck with the error: "Try to add field "lock minigame" that's already on screen". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still have the problem. Any tips to help?

[Post New]by pcartermundi on Oct 10, 11 12:58 AM
Having a problem at the clay mixer. I put the clay in the mixer & the image changed to show it there but the mixer won't activate & still shows message to say "I'll start the mixer after I get some clay". I couldn't go back to get clay again either.
Please help.

newelph
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by newelph on Oct 10, 11 9:49 AM
I too am having problems with the clay mixer. I have restarted the game 2 times. Please advise if there is a fix for this problem. I'm very frustrated at this point.

[Post New]by necmmj on Oct 11, 11 3:43 PM
I am stuck in the garden too, in the garden of thorns. I gave the gardener the sharpened shears, went back to the well and got the coin. My inventory is empty, the thorns aren't gone, and when I click on the gardener, and she says "Error: Shears not found." I can't find shears anywhere.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Oct 12, 11 6:08 PM
Nortank wrote:Not sure if this is a technical issue or not. I am stuck in the garden with the thorns. I gave the gardener the sharpened shears, went back to the well and got the coin. My inventory is empty, the thorns aren't gone, and when I click on the gardener, and she says "Error: Shears not found." I can't find shears anywhere.

I experienced the same problem with the shears. I handed them to the robot and they disappeared. I had a similar problem with the cash register - I couldn't place the button on the register. I had to restart with another profile.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Oct 14, 11 4:53 PM
I (and evidently many others) are having the same problem, which is the Alchemist guy won't move so that we can open the cash drawer. Help us please!!!

feenix

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 14, 11 11:18 PM
I am getting a lot of glare and flashing in the game. In one place I was in it flashed and then the whole thing glared. I couldn't see anything.

Is anyone else having that problem.?

Yes. It was just flashes from the stars, then it got lighter and lighter until you can't see anything except indoors. I have no idea what is wrong. I'm going to download the game directly from the developer and see if it is the game or BFG's GM. A lot of games that won't play for me from here work fine when I DL them elsewhere. And I've never had a problem with this dev's games.

[Post New]by pcartermundi on Oct 15, 11 2:59 AM
pcartermundi wrote:Having a problem at the clay mixer. I put the clay in the mixer & the image changed to show it there but the mixer won't activate & still shows message to say "I'll start the mixer after I get some clay". I couldn't go back to get clay again either.
Please help.

Oops, something I didn't do! So not a technical issue after all. Just goes to show - try EVERYTHING.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Oct 16, 11 5:53 PM
The case of the disappearing shears ,
I have had the same problem as reported by
Nortank, I made the shears , sharpened them , gave them to the Gardener , went back to the Well, collected the coin. Then returned to the Gardner , no shears , thorns not cut and the Gardener displays error message " Error:shears not found "

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 18, 11 12:32 PM
Hi jtrigg,

If you haven't already, we'd ask that you please take a screenshot of this error message, and then send that, along with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report, over to our Tech Support team.

This will give our reps the chance to see if this issue can be resolved by making a few updates and/or adjustments to your system. This information will also be passed on to the developers so that they can see which types of systems this error is occurring on.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 10/18/2011 at 12:37:46 PM PST

bolser
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bolser on Oct 23, 11 3:56 PM
I am stuck at the vault door.I have placed all the masks on the door but can`t get them to turn.I`ve tried left click and right click,nothing happens.I clicked on all the other scenes with the hint button and it says nothing to do here. So I am stuck at the vault.Can anyone help me ? Thanks !

bolser
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

I am stuck at the vault door.I have placed all the masks on the door but can`t get them to turn.I`ve tried left click and right click,nothing happens.I clicked on all the other scenes with the hint button and it says nothing to do here. So I am stuck at the vault.Can anyone help me ? Thanks !

bolser
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:shears not found

[Post New]by randomc on Oct 28, 11 3:50 AM
I also am having the "shears not found" problem after giving the shears to the gardner and then going back to get the coin from the well.

[Post New]by juliem17 on Nov 2, 11 7:19 AM
I am trying to find the hidden objects in the windmill and near the generator, but I can't select anything and the objects don't appear to be there. I have tried uninstalling and installing, but it still doesn't work? Is this a known bug in the code, or am I doing something wrong?

[Post New]by 13544a on Nov 2, 11 9:44 AM
I am unable to get to the cash drawer in the apothcary to retreive the root of evil. the chemist stays in front of it

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 2, 11 11:24 AM
Hey bolser, here's a tip I found in another thread that might help with the masks:

hookedonHOG wrote:when you find the regent (purple bottle) pour it on paper on desk where children are and it will reveal how they go

juliem17, you may want to take a look at the walkthrough (you can click on this link) if you haven't already, just to make sure that no steps were missed leading up to the windmill. To get to that particular portion of the walkthrough, use the Search (CTRL + F) function, type in "windmill" and you should be able to jump to that section.

13544a, here are some steps I found in the walkthrough:

*SPOILER ALERT*

* Zoom into the mortar and pestle; put the VALERIAN ROOT in the mortar (H).

* Use the EMPTY POT in the mortar to obtain the VALERIAN ROOT (I).

* Give the VALERIAN ROOT to the cat (J).

* Zoom into the drawer; take the ROOT OF EVIL and the 1/10 GOLD COIN (K).

* Exit and return to the fortune teller's.

If these suggestions do not help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can work with you individually. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by denyce2301 on Nov 9, 11 5:28 PM
Everywhere I go the hint button tells me there is nothing more to do, the walkthrough tells me to Talk to the apothecary one more time to receive a COIN which I did and did not receive a coin. I am stuck!

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?

I unloaded and reloaded it and that did not work. Then I deleted my profile and put in a new name and so far that has worked!

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 8:21:21 PM PST

Go to: