Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Reviews for Oddly Enough: Pied Piper

[Post New]by Nortank on Oct 4, 11 5:09 AM
nomatt wrote:A delightful game. After yesterdays abysmal offering this is like a breath of fresh air. I like everything about it. Top marks BF. Bought right away.

Definitely agree. A rather original story, fun characters, well-hidden (NOT TINY!) things to find and not too much clicking to get to the next spot to get things done.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
623 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 4, 11 5:23 AM
I was very excited to see an SE I may use a coupon for this but was a bit disappointed with the level of play. The hidden object scene were extremely easy as were the mini games that I played in the demo.

You are given many tasks to complete at once so the does make you use some brain power to keep up. The tasks can be a bit perplexing. The story and graphics are fun. A nice change.

I see that a walkthrough will be coming but I don't buy without being able to check the length so I found one elsewhere. According to that I played just shy of half during the demo but when I read the reviews I wonder if maybe the play gets a bit more difficult as you go. That would increase play time.
I also played the demo on casual mode. You do have the choice of expert also. I think if I but I will go that route to extend play time.

I give it a 1/2 out of 5.

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 5:24:59 AM PST

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Oct 4, 11 5:27 AM
Lovely little game, I don't particularly like silouhettes in **** games but this was such fun everywhere else that I could put up with it!
It was perhaps a little short( took me about 4 hours) but I liked the way they left the ending possible for a part two? Reminded me of Snark Busters and I loved those two!
All in all a lovely little surprise on a grey tuesday here in the UK

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on Oct 4, 11 5:48 AM
I am a bit surprised at the level of positive comments on this game.

Sure, the graphics are good and the general game-play approach is also fine. However, 3 to 4 hours (as jkuci estimated) is rather more time than it took me to complete the game. I had five of the ten coins within the one-hour demo period.

I bought the game because I have some coupon codes to use, but still still completed it in rather less than three hours, and I'm no genius!!!

I have noted a recent tendency for BF games to shrink in "size" and/or be or lesser quality than in the past, and there are a lot more CEs (as opposed to "normal" games, like this one), meaning that you earn a lot of coupon codes, but can't use them, because the games that qualify aren't being produced or presented.

The recent CEs have been disappointing, with many functonal errors and evident lack of testing, relative shortness (compared with those in the recent past), poor bonuses, inadequate or unusable strategy guides, etc.

I suppose that it's my problem that I don't like many of the other types of games that BF presents (eg Match 3), so that I am somewhat "restricted" in my selection. However, that is no reason for what I see as a downturn in production quality (in bad economic times, you tighten your belt, but carry on) and what appears to be a deliberate policy to limit the use of "free" purchases (coupon codes).

I have always used-up my codes in the past, but I am about to have a couple expire, because I have been unable to use them. The pattern of the types of games made available recently is simply not the same as it has been.

Ah, me! Rant over.

Best regards,
aT

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 4, 11 6:24 AM
I bought this game from another site last week out of desperation and I really enjoyed it. Without the walkthrough -- and yes, it can be done -- it took me probably upwards of 7 or 8 hours. It 's just a matter of trying everything you have in your inventory everywhere because some things didn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't know if there's a walkthrough yet.

If you liked Snark Busters, you'll no doubt like this game.

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Oct 4, 11 6:59 AM
The rain is here
I found this game to be rather boring...the graphics and music are great yet, found it to be tedious after about 15 mins
First game from [removed by moderator] (that I have played) that I have not liked
Yet, there is always tomorrows new release..

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 1:08:37 PM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,098 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 4, 11 6:59 AM
alpha_Tau, Since it's only the 4th, maybe something will come your way.

By the way, DragonLadyOz(sp?) started a thread in ChitChat where you can donate codes you might not be able to use in time. It's called "Unused PC credits". I don't mind the present set up of free code use as there are so many older games I have let slide by in the past because of financial restraints. Who knows, BF changed to being able to use 2 credits on CEs when enough people requested it, policy may change again. But for me, I like free. it gives me the oportunity to try something I might not have wanted to take a gamble on before.

By the way, I contacted Live CS once when I had been a bit indisposed and they gave me an extension on a credit.

Take care

P.S. having fun with this one, cute little game to spend some time with while I get some much neeeded things done around the house today. I probebly won't even notice the length as I'll be poping in and out most of the day. Beside, i can slow to a snails pace and just spend some time just looking around in a game this pretty.

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 7:06:22 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
739 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 4, 11 7:49 AM
I got as far as the second part and I couldn't figure out what to do next, not even with a hint. So I looked around the whole area and then I got bored to death. Not buying this garbage,

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,277 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 4, 11 7:58 AM
I like it. The graphics are very nice, Its whimsical, enchanting and fun. I don't care for silhouettes, but each hidden object scene so far only has a few so its tolerable. Two good SE's, Love story and now this one. Good week, hope it keeps up. (even if they are short).

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 8:01:07 AM PST

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 4, 11 8:44 AM
hannah57 wrote:I got as far as the second part and I couldn't figure out what to do next, not even with a hint. So I looked around the whole area and then I got bored to death. Not buying this garbage,

Well clearly this isn't your cup of tea but to call it 'garbage' because you couldn't work out what to do next is hardly a fair comment. There may well be the odd game that might justify that label but in my opinion this isn't one of them.

Perhaps the walkthrough might have been some use, then you could have saved yourself from being 'bored to death'.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,645 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Oct 4, 11 9:02 AM
Beautiful, bright graphics, nice soundtrack. This game is a constant search for objects. For my tastes, not enough of an adventure game and did not hold my interest. But game is well done and if you like searching for hidden fragments, you should love this.

crypsynight
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Oct 4, 11 9:23 AM
When I downloaded it I didn't have high expectations, so I was in for a pleasant surprise.
I really enjoyed it.
It only took me 2 1/2 hrs to complete which I feel is a little on the short side, but overall a delightful little game.
Lovely graphics and story.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Oct 4, 11 10:06 AM
HOW DO I RATE THIS GAME

thumbdown:

thumbdown:

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Oct 4, 11 10:09 AM
cll1950 wrote:alpha_Tau, Since it's only the 4th, maybe something will come your way.

By the way, DragonLadyOz(sp?) started a thread in ChitChat where you can donate codes you might not be able to use in time. It's called "Unused PC credits". I don't mind the present set up of free code use as there are so many older games I have let slide by in the past because of financial restraints. Who knows, BF changed to being able to use 2 credits on CEs when enough people requested it, policy may change again. But for me, I like free. it gives me the oportunity to try something I might not have wanted to take a gamble on before.

By the way, I contacted Live CS once when I had been a bit indisposed and they gave me an extension on a credit.

Take care

P.S. having fun with this one, cute little game to spend some time with while I get some much neeeded things done around the house today. I probebly won't even notice the length as I'll be poping in and out most of the day. Beside, i can slow to a snails pace and just spend some time just looking around in a game this pretty.

At least you and others can get game to start. all I get is vocal on story line and NOTHING ELSE. will not go into play mode at allo.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 4, 11 10:11 AM
I'm the odd man out here, I didn't like the game. First of all, I don't like finding parts of things. I prefer the straight hog. Secondly, when you have to many missed clicks, the cursor starts to dance in a circle for punishment. I just hate that in any game.

Positive: Graphics are crisp and clear

Enjoy

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Oct 4, 11 10:19 AM
Finished the game! It wasn't a bad game I am glad I used a PCC on it because if I would of bought it I think I would of asked for a refund just because of the length.I know its a SE but that doesn't mean we should only get a 2 to 3 hour games IMO.It was different meaning finding shadows of items then the normal FROG! I'm glad I used a PCC we don't get to many games to use those on!! Happy Gaming

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 10:23:50 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 4, 11 10:59 AM
I like this game very much. The graphic is very good, storyline too, gameplay also. Its a nice change from other many dark games and a definete buy for me

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Oct 4, 11 11:04 AM
jkuci wrote:No map but you only go to four sites but with alot of tasks. Play time from 3 to 4 hours.

I'm a bit confused here, please clarify for me. The write up on this game at the Dev site said "35 lavish locations" but you say there are only 4 sites to go to. Like I said ... I'm confused. lol

The other reason I ask is because to "try" the game is 123mg, but it says in the list of system requirements it takes 381 mg of hard drive. I bought the game (sight unseen) ( I know: fool me) Anyway it only downloaded 126 meg. So I think my question is really: is this the same, full game offered at the Devs site? or is it only part of it? Am I even making sense???????

Oh, heck with it...I'm not even going to try to edit this post! If you can figure out what I'm asking, and have an answer, please respond. THANX!!

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 11:18:35 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 4, 11 11:43 AM
The graphics are clear and like that it's a FROG... Storyline is cute and will see more when I get more into it.. Liked all the good comments on the game and after yesterday's game it's something everyone should enjoy..

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Oct 4, 11 12:40 PM
@LoveMyBichons
The installer itself is 126 MB, but after the installation the game takes 370 MB of your HDD space. I just installed the demo and checked. Apparently the installer contains compressed data in order to reduce download times.

Go to: