ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Post any The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet technical issues here only

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Oct 5, 11 10:32 AM
I tried to play this game 3 or 4x and each time it froze my computer up and I had to control-alt-delete to get it to go away. NOT A BUY!!! I'm reaaaaaallllllly tired of games that don't work.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

Re:Post any The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet technical issues here only

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Oct 5, 11 10:49 AM
MarieNomad wrote:I got the game after I was finished with the trial and now it won't start again. All that showed up was the menu, the inventory, and the little girl.

I too had the same problem. Started over from the beginning of the game. Then when the masked ball is over it goes to Thank You for Playing....Please take a short survey and then nothing! This was after I purchased the game.

Edited on 10/05/2011 at 10:56:01 AM PST

dynabee
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by dynabee on Oct 5, 11 11:49 AM
Ok liked game well enough to buy, after clicking play all I get now is the game cursor and a black screen. Anyone else having a problem and what is the fix?

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Oct 5, 11 12:55 PM
Add me to the list... I really enjoyed the demo, bought the game..went to play it and it took me to the ball at first I thought great I'll start off where it ended then after Anna and Shakessspeare finished their dialogue , it went to the demo end thanks for playing the demo. I exited and then started up the game again this time when the main menu stated and I pressed play it went to a blank screen with like others before me have said an empty inventory, menu button and the hint girl. this is very disheartening after such a wonderful dem to only have the anticapated game do this.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 5, 11 12:59 PM
Hello everyone,

For those of you having troubles with the marbles, please take a look at the hint that LizzieK has offered on page 1 to see if it helps.

If you are experiencing a a freeze or any display issues, please take a look at the following help article to see if an update to your computer might be helpful:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the game is not working for you after having purchased it from the Trial Version, please try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game by following the steps in this help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Still having troubles with your game? Please get in touch with Tech Support with the steps you've taken and a Dr. Felix report. Our reps will be happy to assist you with any lingering issues. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Nevan
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Nevan on Oct 5, 11 1:18 PM
joyzebra wrote:I hit play an got a message (display not supported) - win7 64, IE 9, NVIDIA, latest drivers, music started playing and I couldn't stop it -- had to restart. Having lots of problems lately, so not buying many games.

Having the exact same issue. How is the music running with Game Manager and game closed???

[Post New]by weaverwoman on Oct 5, 11 1:30 PM
Luckystar18 wrote:
MarieNomad wrote:I got the game after I was finished with the trial and now it won't start again. All that showed up was the menu, the inventory, and the little girl.

I too had the same problem. Started over from the beginning of the game. Then when the masked ball is over it goes to Thank You for Playing....Please take a short survey and then nothing! This was after I purchased the game.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Oct 5, 11 3:13 PM
Well unistalling and reinstalling didn't help me one bit same thing goes to black screen with only the empty inventory bar , menu and hint buttons showing, the music plays nicely tho. I will try the help for blank screen if that doesn't work any other ideas.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Oct 5, 11 4:38 PM
tried failed... any ideas on what else I can do I would really like to play this game.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 5, 11 5:01 PM
I had the music and black screen with cursor also. Everything updated for blank screen. So I finally created a new profile and IT WORKS. amazing what you have to go through to get a game to work now days.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Oct 5, 11 6:35 PM
I posted this in the "recipe" thread but wanted to post it here too, since it seems like a technical error. I can't get the herbs into the mortar and I can't get the pestle off the shelf because I haven't been told I need one. Little Anne in the corner is ready with hints but won't provide any and I can't click on the goals button to see what I need to do, although I know what needs to be done. Nothing seems to respond when I click on it but the game seems to be fine otherwise. Is this a tech problem or am I not doing something right? I've clicked all over. Also, there seems to be a problem with the sounds cutting in and out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no difference.

Please help
Linda

Edited on 10/05/2011 at 6:35:56 PM PST

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 5, 11 7:14 PM
I already had the problem of the demo playing great and then after buying the game the only way I figured out to not have just a cursor and black screen was create a new profile and start over. Now I can't get the herbs into the mortar and I can't get the pestle off the shelf because I haven't been told I need one. Anne is in the corner charged with hints but won't provide any and the goals button won"t work either... although I know what needs to be done. Nothing seems to respond when I click on it but the game seems to be fine otherwise. Is this a tech issue or am I not doing something right? I have tried everything to continue and I've clicked all over. I saw someone else had this problem...someone else also had the black screen/cursor problem too. I am going to ask for my credit back and wish BF would do better testing before releasing a game..whether by them or another developer. It is getting tiresome!

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Oct 5, 11 8:17 PM
I created a new profile .. it only took me as far as the end of the demo and yes I have bought the game and yes I tried this after I bought it. my conculsion is I am very unhappy I very much liked this game when I played the demo but now even after I bought it nothing.. I am unhappy and tired of trying everything and forwith will not being buying a game for a while... I wish I knew what to do ...

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Oct 5, 11 8:26 PM
fireeyes5 wrote:I already had the problem of the demo playing great and then after buying the game the only way I figured out to not have just a cursor and black screen was create a new profile and start over. Now I can't get the herbs into the mortar and I can't get the pestle off the shelf because I haven't been told I need one. Anne is in the corner charged with hints but won't provide any and the goals button won"t work either... although I know what needs to be done. Nothing seems to respond when I click on it but the game seems to be fine otherwise. Is this a tech issue or am I not doing something right? I have tried everything to continue and I've clicked all over. I saw someone else had this problem...someone else also had the black screen/cursor problem too. I am going to ask for my credit back and wish BF would do better testing before releasing a game..whether by them or another developer. It is getting tiresome!

Gee Fireeyes5, Sounds like you have the same problem as I do, in fact word for word. I don't mind being plagiarized, I think it's rather flattering. I hope you get an answer. I sure haven't.

You may quote me.
Linda.

SPOILER
P.S. I found out the pestle is actually in the trunk.

Edited on 10/05/2011 at 8:28:18 PM PST

[Post New]by familyrules908 on Oct 6, 11 7:48 AM
I have bought the game and I CAN ONLY GET TO THE FIRST CHAPTER AND THEN IT GOES TO FILL OUT A SURVEY. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO NEXT. I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED BUT IT ONLY GETS TO THE SAME POINT. AM I MISSING SOMETHING.!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by filandela on Oct 6, 11 1:15 PM
Linda_S_55 wrote:
fireeyes5 wrote:I already had the problem of the demo playing great and then after buying the game the only way I figured out to not have just a cursor and black screen was create a new profile and start over. Now I can't get the herbs into the mortar and I can't get the pestle off the shelf because I haven't been told I need one. Anne is in the corner charged with hints but won't provide any and the goals button won"t work either... although I know what needs to be done. Nothing seems to respond when I click on it but the game seems to be fine otherwise. Is this a tech issue or am I not doing something right? I have tried everything to continue and I've clicked all over. I saw someone else had this problem...someone else also had the black screen/cursor problem too. I am going to ask for my credit back and wish BF would do better testing before releasing a game..whether by them or another developer. It is getting tiresome!

Gee Fireeyes5, Sounds like you have the same problem as I do, in fact word for word. I don't mind being plagiarized, I think it's rather flattering. I hope you get an answer. I sure haven't.

You may quote me.
Linda.

SPOILER
P.S. I found out the pestle is actually in the trunk.

[Post New]by Daladykazan1 on Oct 6, 11 6:01 PM
dynabee wrote:Ok liked game well enough to buy, after clicking play all I get now is the game cursor and a black screen. Anyone else having a problem and what is the fix?

Yes, I have the same issue.

[Post New]by Daladykazan1 on Oct 6, 11 7:02 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

For those of you having troubles with the marbles, please take a look at the hint that LizzieK has offered on <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/180999.page">page 1</a> to see if it helps.

If you are experiencing a a freeze or any display issues, please take a look at the following help article to see if an update to your computer might be helpful:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If the game is not working for you after having purchased it from the Trial Version, please try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game by following the steps in this help article:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

Still having troubles with your game? Please get in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> with the steps you've taken and a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix report</a>. Our reps will be happy to assist you with any lingering issues. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I still only get the black screen with a cursor.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Oct 7, 11 1:20 AM
Didn't have a problem with the marble game, but:
----picked up a rock that did not go into inventory, then when it came time to break the window, the hint button (Ann) simply froze up

Yes, I could have sworn I picked up a rock at some point, but when I needed it it wasn't there. Went back to pick up rock where walkthrough indicated and couldn't pick up anything. My Ann hint button also froze. Too buggy. Even if they offer a fix, it's too slow paced and the gameplay is sort of awkward (can't pick this up now, have to come back), too-ing and fro-ing. What a disappointment and waste of a good story.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 7, 11 2:08 AM
Hi fishies!

We’re aware that some of you have been experiencing some trouble with a black screens upon starting up the game.

We apologize for the trouble, and we’re currently trying to gather as much information as we can about the types of systems that are being affected by this.

If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, that would really help us out as we continue looking into this.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

For those of you that aren't experiencing black screens, but are still running into trouble with the game, please feel free to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can work on this with you individually.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

Go to: