Darklldo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Darklldo on Dec 28, 11 12:16 AM
I have the same problem as tootiefem, I can't end the game because I had to go back to find one of the roses and now I can't find the loving couple...

How do we find them? Until we do we can't go on the the bonus game.

Darklldo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Darklldo on Dec 28, 11 12:17 AM
I have the same problem as tootiefem, I can't end the game because I had to go back to find one of the roses and now I can't find the loving couple...

How do we find them? Until we do we can't go on the the bonus game.

marciabb
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by marciabb on Jan 22, 12 6:17 AM
Hi all, This game is amazing! But... I can't go any further because of a dead link in a HOS: can't click on THE LETTER P !!! Is this a bug ? Please help, I want to finish the game !

[Post New]by samsroom on Apr 1, 12 10:58 AM
My game is stuck on a level about the balls going into the shoots. It keeps saying that "Number 5 ball goes right here"
I've uninstalled and installed this game and even went in with another name but the same thing keeps happening. Any advise?

[Post New]by sunglo96 on Jun 9, 12 8:31 AM
Missed getting the last rose ( 33 ) how do I get back into the game so that I can go on to the bonus rounds? Thanks

[Post New]by drucilla19713 on Jul 1, 12 3:27 PM
Where is the stupid screwdriver in the cemetary? Tried moveing all the leaves at the fountain and only one set move HELP

[Post New]by fuzzydoor on Jul 2, 12 12:28 PM
aeckels25 wrote:Can anyone help me??? I can't find the brush. I have the paint. I am getting so frustrated, I am about to give up! Please help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 2, 12 9:48 PM
fuzzydoor wrote:
aeckels25 wrote:Can anyone help me??? I can't find the brush. I have the paint. I am getting so frustrated, I am about to give up! Please help!

The paint brush is found on the portrait of Victorine in Julien's room.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 2, 12 9:55 PM
drucilla19713 wrote:Where is the stupid screwdriver in the cemetary? Tried moveing all the leaves at the fountain and only one set move HELP

I'm sorry I don't remember finding a screwdriver in the cemetery. Do you mean you are trying to find the screws under the leaves so that you can use the screwdriver already in your inventory on them? To move the piles of leaves you should be able to just click on them. Make sure you move your cursor around to find the "hot" spots. Not sure if I helped any.

[Post New]by gallon30 on Nov 21, 12 3:41 PM
I have just started to play this game and already have a problem. When you enter the house of Julien - you need two keys to stop the pneumatic postal tubes - well - I only can find ONE switch key and it was from the HOS game in Juliens room. I went back down to the desk and there I put the one key in place but there is no other Key?
Help - I don't want to have to quit already.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 21, 12 4:07 PM
Hi gallon30,

I haven't played through this game yet myself but I thought I'd swim in here and let you know that we do have a walkthrough for the standard version of the game. Even though you have the Collector's Edition, the gameplay (especially at the beginning) is pretty similar. It should have some good info about how to move on.

You can get to it by clicking the link below:

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s The Premature Burial Walkthrough

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 4:07:15 PM PST

[Post New]by gallon30 on Nov 21, 12 9:14 PM
Thanks for the information. I did go to the walkthrough but it didn't tell me where the other key is also. Wondering if there is a glitch or just me?

[Post New]by Sharong58 on Dec 5, 12 3:47 PM
The wrench is in ther large vase in thecrypt. You must collect a hook in the crypt and use it with the rope to obtain the wrench. To get the acorn you use the lighter ,in the HOS scene of the casket. to burn away the cowebs. The acorn is behind the web.

[Post New]by Sharong58 on Dec 5, 12 3:50 PM
The 2nd key will be for the back door ,but you have to play a while to get to that. The levers for the control box are in different HOS scenes.

[Post New]by bluey88 on May 3, 13 11:52 AM
playing this game and seem to have hit a glitch and it will not let me carry on... every time i go to enter the pub it kicks me out of the game back onto my desk top.
i own the game so its not on demo...

please help as i really want to continue with this game.....

[Post New]by Missmouse1 on Jun 22, 13 1:06 AM
I did not collect the lock cover at the statue and will not let me go back to collect. How can I get it to complete the game? Really frustrated!

[Post New]by Missmouse1 on Jun 22, 13 2:36 AM
glb1940 wrote:I am really stumped???????? I cant find the patch for the slingshot Or the medal for the horseman in the plaza Or the U for the regester ?????????? pLEASE hELP I have read everything and cant figuer it out. Thanks somebody GB

The patch for the slingshot is on the doll in the voodoo shop you need the scissors to cut it loose

[Post New]by Ribberty on Jul 7, 13 3:37 PM
I've loved the game - my first attempt so I must admit I've cheated and looked bits up. I'm now playing the extra bonus round and for some reason I can't get my spring or paper clip or pliers to do whatever needs to be done. The spring is in the lock. The pliers are on the table and I've got the paper clip but whatever I do I can not create the jimmy? Ive tried many combinations and I'm sure I'm being a doughnut and its very simple but I'm getting to the point where I might give up and I don't want to quite yet having got so far. Any help gratefully received. Playing on an iPhone if this helps explain anything?

[Post New]by marilyn5062 on Jan 9, 14 5:35 PM
you will find the brush by the women in the room on the wall of the guy that hired the detective

[Post New]by llouise07 on Aug 4, 14 5:40 AM
Where Is the letter F

Go to: