MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

Re:Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman

[Post New]by MURPHY on Oct 7, 11 3:39 PM
My SG went to the full 36 pages. I thought it was just part of the SE game. How nice for us that waited.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Oct 7, 11 5:34 PM
MURPHY wrote:My SG went to the full 36 pages. I thought it was just part of the SE game. How nice for us that waited.

My SG covered the entire game also. I'm so glad I waited for the SE and used a punch coupon. Mudrock gave me a heads up this week so I held onto my pc just for this one. Wasn't disappointed at all. Fun game

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Oct 7, 11 9:50 PM
enjoyed game very much and have to agree with all of what was written ...but I did not like the way it ended...still a great game.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Oct 8, 11 1:44 AM
Been waiting for this one to SE and am downloading as I type. SG or only part SG - i like ERS games so am pleased as punch.

Yep, the full SG - read the forum post about it. Nice little "gift" for those of us who can't afford the CE games, or buying SGs seperately.

Edited on 10/08/2011 at 6:42:58 PM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Oct 8, 11 1:49 AM
peeshee_1951 wrote:
MURPHY wrote:My SG went to the full 36 pages. I thought it was just part of the SE game. How nice for us that waited.

My SG covered the entire game also. I'm so glad I waited for the SE and used a punch coupon. Mudrock gave me a heads up this week so I held onto my pc just for this one. Wasn't disappointed at all. Fun game

It must be that the 12 page SG is for the demo & then you get the whole SG once purchased. I wonder if that is why there is no hint button.

I would have preferred a hint button to the SG as I only go to a walkthrough or SG as a very last resort.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 8, 11 7:31 AM
Enjoyed this game VERY much. However the ending really sucks.....what a let down to a terrific game! Lots of challege but not so hard you end of stuck. Hint button only works on IHOGS, you figure out the rest. Diary is not much help so use the strategy guide. Left some things hanging...like did the little girl and her mother reunite, etc. Too bad all the loose ends aren't tied up at the end. I guess the developers just got tired.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Oct 8, 11 11:17 AM
This was an enjoyable game. I waited to use a punch card credit and enjoyed the 4 hours that it took to complete this game. The music was quite repetitive, and the same as was in previous games. Nice music, but some new music would be welcome. I managed to arrive at the game's end with only 23 of 24 crystals and had to do lots of backtracking to find the last one. Once found, the game ended much too abruptly once the final puzzle was completed, which was a bit of a let down. But all in all, it was a fun game.

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Oct 8, 11 1:36 PM
Except for the abrupt ending, enjoyed playing the game very much. A little more closure to the story would have been appreciated.

apples16951
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by apples16951 on Oct 8, 11 2:34 PM
Just finished the game; one of the better SE games I've played. However, like others, I was extremely disappointed in the ending. It just....sort of.....STOPPED. I would have liked to see the little demon get captured or something. Besides that, the game was engaging, and kept me busy for 4-5 hours.

[Post New]by SharkPup on Oct 8, 11 9:45 PM
I know mamajay diff music would be great!!...Beatles perhaps???.....g

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Oct 9, 11 1:18 AM
I played the CE version but thought I'd wait for the SE. Played through both trial versions with about 20mins to go when demo ends. When I look at the walkthrough I'm just on half way through so this says to me about 2 maybe 3 hrs playtime? I don't want to waste a credit if that's all it is.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Oct 9, 11 5:30 AM
apples16951 wrote:like others, I was extremely disappointed in the ending. It just....sort of.....STOPPED.

Snap! I was SO disappointed in the ending - I think if I'd blinked I'd have missed it! However, that was the only thing that disappointed me, it was an awesome game except for the abrupt ending. I suppose the CE had a proper ending, but I think it's wrong not to have a proper ending - something tying up the loose ends and giving closure, I mean - in the SE, not when people pay money for the SE.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Oct 9, 11 2:41 PM
I just finished playing this game and I have to say I love it even more than the Queen of Spades. Good HOGS, good graphics and LOVE LOVE LOVE the puzzles!
So glad I bought this one for sure.
I rate this .
Thanx BFG and thanx to ERS too!

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Oct 9, 11 3:52 PM
Enjoyed my three hours of play. I would have spent less time, but I didn't notice the colored spindles in the first puzzle where the dummies move the barrels, so I had to do that puzzle twice. It wasn't difficult, just time consuming. I did have to use the strategy guide for the blow torch. Sometimes, the items aren't used the way I would expect them to be used which is great! I love that little demon. I agree with all of the other posters that said we need some new music, ERS! Thank you for a good game. I love some of the moving graphics...so steampunk!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Oct 10, 11 4:53 PM

As usual, another great game from ERS. Good story, graphics, and voice overs.

Thoroughly enjoyed playing it but a couple of grumbles all the same.

Ending was much too abrupt. Left one wondering about the people and the town and everything.

The music is grim. Awful repetitive stuff.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Oct 10, 11 7:09 PM
I enjoyed this very much. I gather we will see that little demon again, unless the CE edition had an ending that was a little more detailed. That was my only complaint, the abrupt ending. If the CE had a different ending I don't think that is very fair for us as consumers. A CE adds bonus play, wallpapers etc, but we should still get a complete story with a SE.

The voiceovers except for the kids, especially the girl, were terrific. The music for me wasn't an issue, it generally becomes background noise for me as I play, I'm not really conscious of it after awhile. I probably got about 4 hours of leisurely play out of this, nice value. Beautiful artwork as per their rep.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Oct 11, 11 7:24 AM
Looks like the SG has been takenout of latest version.Oh well not too disappointed getting a little annoyed with ERS on their abrubt endings It is not nice.They did that on Shadow Wolf too and just for that I have to say NO BUY until they change their ways and their MUSIC

Edited on 10/11/2011 at 7:25:19 AM PST

[Post New]by smartvalerie on Oct 11, 11 8:45 AM
Enjoyed this game, always good from ERS, I don't know why people complain about the music, I never really hear it when I'm playing a good game, great graphics. look foward to the next ERS game, I too was surprised by the SG working, never known it with a SE before. Well worth buying and I was lucky to get it with a punch card credit but would have bought it anyway after playing the demo. Thanks BF.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Oct 11, 11 12:16 PM
Simply loved this game. I passed on the CE version because I didn't think it was long enough. I was wrong. I did purchase this SE version the day it came out and it has the strategy guide. I had thought someone posted that the developer had intentional left the SG in for the SE version so I am confused as to why BF is giving an update which takes it out. Sorry BF, but I'm not updating my better version for a version without the SG.

Bronze Horseman is basically like all the other games by this developer, but it is still a very enjoyable and long game. I didn't really watch the clock, but I know it took me at least 5-6 hours and I played on the hardest mode.

The scenes are somewhat dark, but not to the point where you can't find items. The graphics are gorgeous and I loved the music.

My only problem is that I completed the final puzzle, not realizing it was the final puzzle, and had to step away from my computer for a minute. When I came back I realized I had missed the ending and I have to play the whole things again to see it. Anyone care to give a spolier to the ending, lol?

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Oct 11, 11 1:29 PM
I agree with TeamSD. The SE version "is" good enough! Graphics and animations are gorgeous, story is intense, voice overs are well done, puzzles are fun and HOS scenes are fun too (which by the way there are plenty of HOS's).

I do agree the music did get irratating.

This is a great game & I would highly recommend it to anyone.

1/2

Edited on 10/11/2011 at 1:31:49 PM PST

Go to: