PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Oct 8, 11 6:55 AM
belamba wrote:

Just in case anyone is stumped as to how to change the setting, on W7 I put dpi into the search box and changed text size from 125% to 100% as requested.

Thanks, Belamba!

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Post any The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter technical issues here only

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Oct 8, 11 8:10 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I have WIN7 and I don't get that message. I did't change anything.

I also have Windows 7 and I DID get the message to change the DPI to 100%. First off, I don't even know what that is, and secondly, I'm not changing anything on my computer to accomodate one game even if I did know what it was and how to do it. Sorry BF.....no buy for me! Pity, looks like it might have been a good game.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Oct 8, 11 8:19 AM
LoveYa24 wrote:This is the message I am getting when I try to run the game:

'Run-time error 2147467259 (80004005) -
Automation error
Unspecified error'

I'm getting the same error msg as LoveYa24 and also Sherryah on page 1 - in German (Laufzeitfehler, Auomatisierungsfehler, Unbekannter Fehler), as this is my setting, but the exact same numbers.

Sherryah mentioned she's on VISTA 32; my computer is running WIN XP.

After clicking "OK" (very funny!), it returns to the GM with 60 min's left.

So, BFG and dev's, any solution for that?

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 8, 11 8:51 AM
Hi everyone,

It sounds like some fishies are getting runtime errors. You could try to see if running the Game Manager as administrator helps, these kind of errors can pop up whenever a specific game doesn't have enough permission to run on your computer.

Steps on how to do this can be found in the below help article (under the header Running Game Manager as administrator):

Game Not Saving

Runtime errors can also occur when a game needs some software updates. If you haven't already, I recommend running through the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

pjhundt
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by pjhundt on Oct 8, 11 9:24 AM
Performed the "Run as Administrator" as recommended. No change. Still receiving the Run Time Error on W7.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Oct 8, 11 9:26 AM
I have twice downloaded the game, and both time have gotten the runtime error, so I have contacted BFG CS to see if they can come up with a solution.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Oct 8, 11 10:08 AM
_DD_ wrote:

Automation error
Unspecified error'

I'm getting the same error msg as LoveYa24 and also Sherryah on page 1 - in German (Laufzeitfehler, Auomatisierungsfehler, Unbekannter Fehler), as this is my setting, but the exact same numbers.

I am running Win XP also.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Oct 8, 11 10:09 AM
I too am getting the runtime error when trying to launch this game. I've tried launching from the Game Manager and I've tried launching from the .exe file (both in compatability mode and just as admin) and nothing is working.

I have Vista 32 bit.

ETA: I already launch my Game Manager as admin, so that has not helped me.

Edited on 10/08/2011 at 10:10:36 AM PST

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Oct 8, 11 10:59 AM
tayers81 wrote:I too am getting the runtime error when trying to launch this game. I've tried launching from the Game Manager and I've tried launching from the .exe file (both in compatability mode and just as admin) and nothing is working.

I have Vista 32 bit.

ETA: I already launch my Game Manager as admin, so that has not helped me.

THANK YOU hugging everyone else that has the same run time error with the long string of numbers. Every game plays but this one, and misery likes company,meaning I didn't want to be the only person having this problem. Now I know its not just my computer. Please BFG take it seriously and give us a fix please. Same automation error,unspecified error and run time with long string of numbers someone with the word Luv that posted here complained about. Every game plays but this one. Who makes this game maybe the developer has a demo and I can see if it works there?
EDIT
Same error on Vista 32 like me or XP like loveya24.

Edited on 10/08/2011 at 11:08:46 AM PST

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Oct 8, 11 11:06 AM
LoveYa24 wrote:
_DD_ wrote:

Automation error
Unspecified error'

I am running Win XP also.

BFG exact same run time error, exact same numbers at end of it. Exact same return to GM with 60 minutes left because it didn't do anything but popup menu . So we need a fix please. Everything is updated. THANK YOU loveya24 I didn't write down the string of numbers but you did. Hugs to all who are suffering with me and want to play the game and don't have a chance,plus BFG will lose our money when I am sure we would have bought it.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Oct 8, 11 11:14 AM
Hey Sherryah!

The developer is Chayowo. I went to their site and I don't even see it there for download. I checked a few other game portals and don't see it there either...I was hoping to try to demo elsewhere like you to see if I could play it there. This is a bit irritating. Like you, all of my other games work just fine, so I'm at a loss on this one.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Oct 8, 11 12:12 PM
first 2 times I tried to d/l - it would not work. finally it did and d/l just fine. THEN when I went to PLAY - I got a nasty BLUE screen saying that windows shut down due to a serious error 1!! YIKES - I had to turn off my computer and then re-start. Needless to say, I immediately UN-installed this game as soon as my computer came back up !!!!!!!

I have windows 7 - 64 bit - HP all-in-one (quite new). seems to me from some of the tech issues - there's some major glitches in this game

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Oct 8, 11 12:14 PM
No DPI issues for me. I'm running on a VISTA 32 bit operating system.

Not all PC operating systems are having the problem.

Edited on 10/08/2011 at 12:16:20 PM PST

Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Oct 8, 11 1:34 PM
I started having problems after Rahul came into play. First the game slowed down considerably. I couldn't even begin to play the fish puzzle because it was going in slow motion and it took forever for the skip button to fill. Finally after I was able to skip the fish puzzle, I tried to use the rope ladder and it will not zoom into the area where it goes. The gears show up but it won't zoom in. I can't just place the ladder there. I have clicked everywhere. I even restarted the game with a new profile to see if that would help. But it didn't. I'm afraid I'm going to have to request a refund as I can't go any further if I can't get Rahul to the meeting place.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Oct 8, 11 5:43 PM
tayers81 wrote:Hey Sherryah!

The developer is Chayowo. I went to their site and I don't even see it there for download. I checked a few other game portals and don't see it there either...I was hoping to try to demo elsewhere like you to see if I could play it there. This is a bit irritating. Like you, all of my other games work just fine, so I'm at a loss on this one.

THANKS Tayers81 for responding if you find another place to try demo please let me know I really wanted to buy this game but concerns me why we would be forced to change DPI ...I don't like fixing what isn't broken.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Oct 8, 11 6:54 PM
I am also having the run time error issue. This is the first game where I have had this issue. Either BFG or the developers should fix this, otherwise, it is a no buy for me.

[Post New]by jennyoliver1 on Oct 8, 11 6:57 PM
I am having the same problem. Will not let me into the game at all. I just get this message:

Automation error
Unspecified error'

How do I fix this??

strstrk
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by strstrk on Oct 8, 11 8:40 PM
Hi all,
I am also getting "runtime error" when I try to lauch this game, I hope it will be fixed. I loved the other Dark Hliis of Cherai" game!

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 8, 11 11:25 PM
I have Windows XP and getting same run time error as others who already posted.

weekiwi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by weekiwi on Oct 8, 11 11:57 PM
i bought the stupid game and get the runtime error, did everything you instructed me to...still runtime error. Uninstalled and reinstalled still runtime error then did it all again...still runtime error....I guess I am out one game and some money

Go to: