sandr1
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Fears from Childhood Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by sandr1 on Oct 14, 11 2:23 AM
cll1950 wrote:sandr1, My desktop, although top of the line in it's time, is almost 10 years old, with less ram than yours. Check out the game page from this game, you should have more than enough ram to run this game.

Maybe you need to have your comp. cleaned up. When I encountered some problems, I had a tech at Comcast (did his computer mind meld thing) take care of it. Now it runs like a top. It did cost about 80 bucks but that's much less than takeing it in to some questionable repair super store having Jimmy Jo down the street mess it up totally or buying a new computer.

To find out for sure how much ram you have, right click on the little "My Computer" icon on your desktop. Then chose "propeties", it will tell you how much ram you have, the size of your hard drive, etc.

I don't think this is a ram problem. Just my uneducated user guess.

Hi cll1950
Thanks for this advices, but my PC is really very bad, I have split my drive into 3 partitions - a mistake - I also set it up several times newly, so, point is, that is a dreadful cheap one, and I doubt if it makes sense to have it even repaired. I had an error message the other day telling me it is the RAM. But apart from that my disk is that full that I can only run 1 game at a time. I normally delete the others or copy them to one of the other 2 partitiones.
I have 3 other ones, just not for gaming, my main is a Mac, which works fine :-) Additionally I am not sure, if Comcast comes over to Switzerland, this is where I am.
Looking them up at
http://www.comcast.com/default.cspx
I guess this is just an US firm.
I did frankly not wanted to complain with my original message, but just wanted to say that sometimes it is not the developpers side causing the problems. I have a very good PC at hand from my neighbours and if I play there, everything is always fine, it is up to date, cleaned from a PC service man and quick. Especially problems with slow performance of the games are often caused from the PCs.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Fears from Childhood Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kimcol on Oct 15, 11 3:44 PM
Krissy41 wrote:
nwr1948x wrote:Another beautiful ERS game.....Another beautiful ERS game that won't run on my computer without running slowly and sticking (sigh)

Does the samething on my computer, every ERS games no matter what!!! Sad because ERS is probably one of the best....

I have the same problem. I love their games, but my computer doesn't. Loading the scenes is almost unbearable sometimes. I really want this one, though, since I purchased the first game of this series and would like to continue. I did enjoy the demo despite the slow running.

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Oct 15, 11 6:38 PM
Krissy41 wrote:
nwr1948x wrote:Another beautiful ERS game.....Another beautiful ERS game that won't run on my computer without running slowly and sticking (sigh)

Does the samething on my computer, every ERS games no matter what!!! Sad because ERS is probably one of the best....

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Oct 15, 11 6:52 PM
Yeah, I played the trial, and it went fine. So did the game, until I got to the boy`s door/with octopus under the bed. Then everything got sticky, and slow. WHY?
I NEVER have trouble with BF games, until I buy a CE.
I run spybot checks every week on my pc, so...it`s really fast.
I don`t get it. No more CE`s for me. No matter how tempting. indypeg

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Oct 16, 11 7:29 AM
MsFreddie wrote:Strange - I purchased the game and it downloaded ok but froze when trying to activate. Had to close down my Game Manager and the game didn't appear after that. Had the usual game icon on my desk top, game wouldn't start from there. Went into my program files and was able to start the game from there and it played ok. It is still not showing on my GM but at least I can play it via program files. Concerned that my game isn't seen by the GM. .

I had this problem too.It downloaded and then said validating and then went back to downloading again! What is up? Getting ticked off at this site altogether!

Kirsten

Peg067
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Peg067 on Oct 16, 11 10:18 AM
My problem wasn't addressed yet, so I'll post it here. I finished the game and started playing the bonus content. I'm near the shore and a HOG opened up. I was required to find a knife to cut open a peach and obtain the pit.
Well, I found the knife and cut the peach, but am unable to collect the pit. The list still says I need to collect the pit, but the hint button tells me I've got nothing more to do in that scene. I back out and the scene is still sparkling, indicating I haven't finished. GRRR. I can't move on if I don't finish that HOG and collect the flippers!
I usually don't have any issues with ERS games, and am twice as annoyed at paying double for a defective CE.

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Oct 17, 11 7:25 PM
Well another ERS game that runs slo------------------------------------------------wwwww! I guess we are all such a small group of folks that can't play the ERS games, that they don't give a rip! Shame too, their games are good or so I've heard! Not that I could play them without pulling my hair out. I played the Green slime game, so really don't understand why this is happening!

sandr1
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by sandr1 on Oct 18, 11 12:19 AM
indypeg57 wrote:Yeah, I played the trial, and it went fine. So did the game, until I got to the boy`s door/with octopus under the bed. Then everything got sticky, and slow. WHY?

I had the same problem with that scene. I played and did something else at the same time, so every here and there I went back to make me next click. I think this is a problem for many gamers these days as they keep on putting more and more movement into one scene even though nobody is interested that the octopus is moving. I would prefer less movement and a quicker gameplay.

[Post New]by sjccreations on Oct 19, 11 1:45 AM
Did anyone have this problem. The game downloaded fine, but when i click to play it never opens. I tried to uninstall but it says that the game is running. I have to restart my computer. I have downloaded it twice and both times the same error. Error # 809.

jencollett
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Can't move on

[Post New]by jencollett on Oct 23, 11 2:32 PM
finished section with plant, done everything to save boy but the plant is still active. It has eaten the axe and the hive as the strategy game requires but to no avail

[Post New]by lpnmichy on Oct 31, 11 12:58 PM
How long does it take to download this game?

Ms4wheels
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Ms4wheels on Nov 12, 11 5:17 PM
indypeg57 wrote:Yeah, I played the trial, and it went fine. So did the game, until I got to the boy`s door/with octopus under the bed. Then everything got sticky, and slow. WHY?

This was the exact same spot the game froze on me as well. When I tried to play it a little later (after giving the game a rest) it told me that my profile (or maybe it was the game itself) had been corrupted and it is making me restart the game. I always scan my computer (I have McAffee security protection) and have defragmented it, erased cookies and cleared my cache. I know if I start it over again, I will just get to the same spot with the boy's door/octopus under the bed part and it will do the same thing!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I bother to restart the game or maybe try to delete the game and download it again?

I really like the game so far and would like to finish it!

Edited on 11/12/2011 at 5:29:31 PM PST

[Post New]by fireflylnu on Nov 15, 11 7:18 PM
I am not able to get the lead ball, lamp and conductor in place on the generator. The first issue I had was not being able to get the fly wings. After contacting tech support, doing the Dr. Felix thing, I was able to re-activate the game (I uninstalled it when I could not go any further) and play through the level with the Venus Fly Traps, Now I am not able to get the "lead Ball, Lamp and Conductor" on the generator. I have all three but they will not go on or into place This is very frustrating. I already started from the beginning after I could not get the fly wintgs. Has anyone else had this problem on the generator?

[Post New]by Babybones on Dec 16, 11 1:23 PM
fireflylnu wrote:I am not able to get the lead ball, lamp and conductor in place on the generator. The first issue I had was not being able to get the fly wings. After contacting tech support, doing the Dr. Felix thing, I was able to re-activate the game (I uninstalled it when I could not go any further) and play through the level with the Venus Fly Traps, Now I am not able to get the "lead Ball, Lamp and Conductor" on the generator. I have all three but they will not go on or into place This is very frustrating. I already started from the beginning after I could not get the fly wintgs. Has anyone else had this problem on the generator?

Well, I HAD the same problem so I contact BigFish and after a couple of email exchanges with a rep, the problem has been solved. You should have a piece of paper in the third slot of your inventory. Place that piece of paper on the hook in the upper left of the screen -- it's the instructions. Now you will be able to place the lead ball, lamp and conductor on the generator.

Gussie3319
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gussie3319 on Dec 27, 11 5:26 PM
fireflylnu wrote:I am not able to get the lead ball, lamp and conductor in place on the generator. The first issue I had was not being able to get the fly wings. After contacting tech support, doing the Dr. Felix thing, I was able to re-activate the game (I uninstalled it when I could not go any further) and play through the level with the Venus Fly Traps, Now I am not able to get the "lead Ball, Lamp and Conductor" on the generator. I have all three but they will not go on or into place This is very frustrating. I already started from the beginning after I could not get the fly wintgs. Has anyone else had this problem on the generator?

Gussie3319
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gussie3319 on Dec 27, 11 5:32 PM

I cannot get the Fly wings, because after I finish the required puzzle which should open up a HOS in the snow scene (which according to the Strategy panel should reward me with these wings,,,,, , I do NOT get a HOS, Have tried everything. Please help!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 1, 12 11:03 PM
Gussie3319 wrote:

I cannot get the Fly wings, because after I finish the required puzzle which should open up a HOS in the snow scene (which according to the Strategy panel should reward me with these wings,,,,, , I do NOT get a HOS, Have tried everything. Please help!!!

I had this same problem. SPOILER!!!!

Did you feed the axe to the venus fly trap? That is what finally trigged that HOS for me.

4red3s
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by 4red3s on Apr 16, 13 12:22 PM
Where is the bonus game?????

I purchased the collectors edition and completed the main game. There was a message that said I had successfully completed the game and could now access the bonus game.

That was it.

There IS no bonus game. No link. No button. Nothing! I paid extra to get the collectors edition.

I want the bonus game since I already paid for it.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 16, 13 12:43 PM
Hi 4red3s,

Here is how another Fishy described how to get to the bonus game:

GirlPink wrote:Hi Sherisgirl, to get to the bonus play....from the main menu go to extras and on the left hand side down the bottom there is a play button. Click on that and you start the bonus to save Tim's little sister. Hope this helps.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

4red3s
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by 4red3s on Apr 16, 13 1:13 PM
OH.......

You mean the very large vertical bigger than any other button with the word PLAY in all caps - button.

I thought it was the play music button.

Go to: