VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Post any Guardians of Beyond: Witchville Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by VTCT on Oct 16, 11 8:48 PM
Bonus Chapter: After breaking the light I can't move forward like it says. I tried the SG and told me after doing this it would let me move forward but no go. What is up?

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:Post any Guardians of Beyond: Witchville Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Oct 16, 11 8:59 PM
xxybcc wrote:I am having a different problem. I got to the gates by the cemetery and I can't do anything. I can't leave the scene. My computer did not freeze, it is like the scene froze. Music is playing. Anyone else? Running Vista.

I had the same sort of problem but on the very first scene. I can move the cursor but nothing actually happens. Checked the SG and did what it said (in case I was missing something) but still nothing happened. I too am running Vista.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 16, 11 11:46 PM
bonus chaper: after I broke the light with the candlelabrum I cannot move forward anywhere either...finally got past the activation errors to start after I bought it and now can't finish the bonus chapter. Are we going to get any answers to these problems? I am running XP

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 17, 11 12:51 AM
debdeb11 wrote:See my reply in this thread for what worked for me to fix this:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/182464.page#3596073

Not working for me - my settings are already to "full screen". (Check my reply in the other thread).

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 17, 11 5:09 AM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like some of you are getting resolution problems with this game, try to set your screen resolution to the highest level you have available for your screen.

The few steps on how to do this can be found here:

Screen Resolution

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgKenai

[Post New]by Cheekygurl on Oct 17, 11 7:39 AM
Hello playing demo on mac. My computer froze at the scene where you find Ethan. Ended up shutting computer down. When I rebooted the download is gone as if I never played the game.

Patter57
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Patter57 on Oct 17, 11 11:58 AM
Downloaded game and said my trial version is over. Had not even tried it yet. I am running windows 7 64 bit. But often times, when my desk top will not let me try a game as with this one, it will run on my lap top, which is also running windows 7 64 bit. So something with my desk top, that my lap top has no problems with. Wish I could figure out what it is that is different.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 17, 11 1:31 PM
Hi Patter57,

You might want to try closing and re-opening your Game Manager to see if that resets your time. If it doesn't, I'd encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game.

If that doesn't help either, please refer to the following help article for more information:

Why has the trial period expired?

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 17, 11 1:35 PM
I find it strange that no one is answering the issue that some of us are not able to play bonus chapter. Once the light is broken, we cannot proceed. An answere would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

Error 809

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Oct 18, 11 8:14 AM
I keep getting this error. I click on play and it does nothing. When I click on it again, it says another game is running. I have the same problem with another game: Edgar. Allen Poe: Premature Burial. I am in contact with Customer Support, but I have a feeling that they won't be able to help. They suggested to manually change the DPI & resolution...nothing happens. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the GM, nothing. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game, nothing.

I can play other ERS games. I don't know the dev of this game, but I'm sure I can play other games from them.

I have a laptop that I got back in August. It is a Dell running Win 7 Home.

Any suggestions?

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Oct 18, 11 8:15 AM
Patter57 wrote:Downloaded game and said my trial version is over. Had not even tried it yet. I am running windows 7 64 bit. But often times, when my desk top will not let me try a game as with this one, it will run on my lap top, which is also running windows 7 64 bit. So something with my desk top, that my lap top has no problems with. Wish I could figure out what it is that is different.

If you close Gm and then reopen, will the time period reset?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 18, 11 12:26 PM
Nilosh, if the tip that bfgImbrium has given doesn't help:

bfgImbrium wrote:You don't need to keep up with the light, just to follow it once it clears the way . Go down the left alley and you can start investigating that area

You may want to contact Tech Support so that they can look into why this might be happening.

Opus1965, I can assure you that our Tech Support team will do their best to resolve the issue of the 809 Error, so please continue working with the rep you're in contact with. I might suggest restarting your computer as well, since sometimes a quick reboot can do the trick.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 19, 11 2:39 AM
Thak you for answering however the problem is not solved. Although the mist has lifted I keep getting the message that I cannot move until the fog has lifted. I have written to Tech and am waiting for answer. I now also have access violation for yet another game: Mystery of the Ancients. I cannot get into the game to complete the bonus section as well. Which is strange because I finished playing the entire game last night without a hitch and now cannot get back into it to complete it. My tech guy informs me that this problem is probably due to the Game manager. I have reinstalled the old version as the new one was not compatible. Now I am having yet again problems with the old version. Im sorry but I am really getting dispondant and as a member since 2007 and owning well over 400 games, I am very much displeased with the latest trend of CE games comming out flawed. I am well aware that there has been an increase in prices for BFG games which I understand especially in today's economic climate. However to camoflage this increase by packaging normal games as CE is slightly underhanded and I feel that as we have been loyal customers, you could just have told us that prices have changed. I look back at the old CE games (once a month) and their superior quality. I also remember the MFC games as well. Lately developers have been pushing out mediocre games that IMHO are not worth the price of CE. Also the Game manager is broken. I really never understood why BFG had to go and change it, since then, I have had more problems with downloads, access violation and activating games. I realise that many fortunate members have no problems but looking at the forums, there is an increase of players who are suffering with similar complaints. I will once again await to hear from your tech dept (they are ever so kind and punctual as always which is highly appreciated) however I would really like to see improvements in game quality and also a look into this game manager issue. I have now deleted three games within the last week and will be asking for a refund. Thank you for your time.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Oct 20, 11 11:07 AM
Chapter Four: The Fair

There is a problem in the bedroom in the suitcase. My last item is the 'pencil'. Have found what looks like the item but it won't give it to me. There is another person in the forum with the same problem. I do not want to start the game over and see if I get a different set of items in the HOS
Please help.

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re: In-game glitch with angel wings

[Post New]by alowan on Oct 23, 11 9:06 AM
Any chance of the devs fixing a problem within the game?

If you don't get the angel wings at the same time as the green light bulb, you can't go back and get them later. You have to start over with a new profile.

This is the first game, out of more than 300, that I've ever had that problem with.

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re: wide screen

[Post New]by alowan on Oct 23, 11 9:17 AM
I like what Vogat does.

In several games, playing in wide screen distorts the picture by stretching it sideways. That can make hidden objects hard to find, since they are no longer the right shape. It's the reverse of letter-boxing.

Vogat returns it to square, removing the distortion. With other devs, I'm supposed to pick windowed mode, which doesn't just cut off the sides, but the top and bottom too. That doesn't work for me, since my screen is only 8" high to begin with. So I just remind myself that balls will look like watermelons, and watermelons will look like zucchini.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Oct 23, 11 10:59 AM
murphy1018 wrote:Chapter Four: The Fair

There is a problem in the bedroom in the suitcase. My last item is the 'pencil'. Have found what looks like the item but it won't give it to me. There is another person in the forum with the same problem. I do not want to start the game over and see if I get a different set of items in the HOS
Please help.

I am having the same problem so I guess that makes at least 3 of us. Since the hidden object lists are randomly generated except key items, there is no guarantee even if I started over that I would not have the same problem again. I know where the item is. I have clicked all over it and around it. Any word or help on this? Thanks.

Nevermind - I found a different pencil in the scene. Can I just say it would be really nice that if developers only wanted us to find one of an object in a scene that they only put one in there. It is difficult, for me at least, to find another pencil after the big yellow one with the green end and the eraser that is sitting in front of my face is not the pencil in question.

Edited on 10/23/2011 at 11:52:10 AM PST

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Nov 3, 11 5:47 AM
I have reached "The Fair" and am in the garage hidden object section. The last item to find is a broom. I've used the hint 3 times because I couldn't find it. The hint goes to a horseshoe shaped item; there is no broom there! Now, I can't go any further. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 5:51:49 AM PST

KiwiDiana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by KiwiDiana on Nov 16, 11 5:36 PM
I am at the gates and playing HOS. One item to find is a cane. Spent about 20 minutes, gave in and used a hint - nothing there. Looked on the blog walkthrough - no cane listed on the items to find but there is an item where the hint pointed but it is not a cane. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by sandy541 on Nov 27, 11 6:55 AM
I am in bonus section I took candleabra and used it on lamppost the path did not light up and I can not go any further it keeps telling me to get candleabra any suggestions

Go to: