_Andreww_
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Here you can ask a question to the developers.

[Post New]by _Andreww_ on Oct 17, 11 11:04 AM
Sheerija wrote:
Where have you guys been hiding and when can we have some more like this?

Top marks, guys.

Hello.
We are small team from snow Russian.
Well, you know - snow, balalaika, vodka

But seriously - make **** game a lot of work for us. Above this game our command has worked for over a year. We are now working on a new game. But this is not HOPA.

Thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure to read.

Edited on 10/17/2011 at 11:05:34 AM PST

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Oct 17, 11 11:07 AM
Hi there Andreww I am enjoying this game but still not sure of the length someone said there are 7 chapters but not sure how far on I am . Have played 30mins demo but cant remember seeing a chapter in the intro ( I am guilty of skipping ) so does the chapters show as you go along I am not a very fast player so any idea time wise would be helpful Thanks .

_Andreww_
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by _Andreww_ on Oct 17, 11 11:11 AM
xxybcc wrote:Hello Andrew. Thanks for taking questions from us. First off- LOVE THE GAME! Second- is this a first game? Are there others? I am having so much fun with this one I hope there will be many more! Welcome to the pond.

Hello.
No. It is not our first game.
We also have Tropical Fish Shop and Tropical Fish Shop 2. But this match-3 games. I'm not sure that you will like it.

If you do decide to try - try Topical Fish Shop 2.

_Andreww_
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by _Andreww_ on Oct 17, 11 11:18 AM
gillydi53 wrote:Hi there Andreww I am enjoying this game but still not sure of the length someone said there are 7 chapters but not sure how far on I am . Have played 30mins demo but cant remember seeing a chapter in the intro ( I am guilty of skipping ) so does the chapters show as you go along I am not a very fast player so any idea time wise would be helpful Thanks .

The chapter.

1 - The Trojan War
2 - Island of the Cyclops
3 - Island of Helios
4 - The Island of Circe
5 - The Kingdom of Hades
6 - Help satire
7 - Return to Ithaca

Hope this helps.

Edited on 10/17/2011 at 11:18:36 AM PST

bever55
Clownfish
Clownfish
604 Posts

[Post New]by bever55 on Oct 17, 11 1:18 PM
The new game you are working on wouldn't happen to be a Time Management game would it?

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 17, 11 1:24 PM
I'm having a great time playing this game, and I really appreciate the time and effort that your team has put into the graphics. During the opening scene, I was fascinated with the eagle that Cherb mentioned - I couldn't stop watching the wind ruffle his feathers as he flew.

Thank you for coming to visit us, Andreww, it means a lot that the developers care about our reactions - it means that you care about your product and want to be the best.

I'd say you will be one of the very best, based on this first HOG.

I just wanted to add that there is one thing that would imporve the game - make it widescreen! The black bars on both sides are annoying to many players. Even if there isn't anything active in the edges of the screen, it's important to fill the screen from side to side.

Edited on 10/17/2011 at 1:47:57 PM PST

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 17, 11 1:54 PM
Hi Andreww & Crew!

I too love it when developers visit us. This is one of the better hidden objects games I've played in a long time. The pluses are the graphics and the hidden object scenes. The only minus so far is putting the darn map together. Not that I couldn't do it, but I wanted to get back to the game. -- Patience is required --

I'm also enjoying the fact that you have at least one interaction within each hidden object scene. I've played 55 minutes and plan to purchase this game for two reasons. 1) great graphics and storyline, 2) I want to make my contribution to the breast cancer fund. This is a good game to do that with.

Thanks also for answering a question -- How many chapters?

Keep up the good work. I look for more games from you all.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 17, 11 2:32 PM
Only question I have, like others, when is the next HOPA by you
guys? Hard to believe this is your first of this genre.

I am so enjoying this one. Bright, clear graphics, a must have
for me especially in H0 scenes. Very interesting story and a
breath of fresh air from the cemetaries, asylums and haunted
towns, manors and mansions which I do like, but need a
change sometimes.

Loved the Trojan horse puzzle; harder than most jig-saws which
is a good thing. This game is going to take me a long time to
play, because I will be stopping to enjoy the artwork at my
leisure. Then I will have to replay the intro over and over just
to watch that eagle glide through the sky. Beautiful!

Thanks for a wonderful game and so glad you came to visit.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Oct 17, 11 4:59 PM
Valdy wrote:
Trigger51 wrote:i agree with the comment about the horse plan puzzle. I ended up skipping that one, because moving/rotating the pieces got frustrating.

It took me a while to get the puzzle done, but it was fun and worth it.
The one puzzle I never can do is the one which was on the chest on the ship, where you have to slide the pieces around to form an image. Never was able to do that one, and just don`t have the patience for this kind of puzzle.

I agree with Valdy about the slider puzzles, I can never do those and I always end up skipping them. You know what pieces you need to complete the picture but I can never get them to line up correctly. Very, very frustrating.

Joy

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Oct 17, 11 5:38 PM
_Andreww_ wrote:
Rainbow722 wrote:Hello _Andrew. I agree with others who have said we love it when devs show interest. My burning question is: Will you be making a Mac version of this game? Mac users love to play games too!

[Hello.
I planned start work on mac version on next week.
But I'm not sure how long it will take time.

Thank you for your answer--I will be looking forward to seeing the Mac version! I hope you will consider making all future games for the Mac too, especially HOPA games!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 17, 11 7:46 PM
Andrew,

I am very impressed to see you here. I have not played the demo yet but I feel like purchasing before I do the demo, just because you made the effort to contact us in the forums.

I actually have both of your previous games you mentioned and the artwork was superior. I am sure I will purchasing this game this evening,

Loved your humor regarding the snow and vodka lol

Looking forward to any new games from your company.

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Oct 17, 11 7:58 PM
Hi Andrew,

I wrote a review already, just wanted to drop by to say it's a very good game, and I'm surprised it's your first hidden object game. Hope you'll make another IHOG soon!

_Andreww_
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by _Andreww_ on Oct 17, 11 10:36 PM
Hi all again.

Now we are working on solitaire game. And we hope to finish game in 3-4 months.

About next HOPA - If the players really enjoy our game, of course we will do next.

Edited on 10/17/2011 at 10:43:42 PM PST

Sadsid
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Sadsid on Oct 18, 11 5:42 AM
Just want to say that I truly enjoyed this game. Graphics and hint system are fantastic. One minor dissatisfied comment, skipped all the dialogue because the characters looked like cows chewing their cud..Otherwise an A-One job. Thanks for the game

LetMeTry
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by LetMeTry on Oct 18, 11 6:45 AM
I would like this game very much BUT it takes almost 30 seconds to load between scenes. So I played for 30 minutes and could only do 5 things. I also lost an item in my inventory. You really need to do an update on this game. I would purchase but not a game that takes that long to go to the next scene. People do not appreciate looking at a black screen for even 15 seconds before the next scene appears. This could be a very good game please fix this and fix the disappearing items in the inventory. I have Win XP. Hope you will make the changes. Otherwise no buy!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 18, 11 9:16 AM
_Andreww_ wrote:Hi all again.

Now we are working on solitaire game. And we hope to finish game in 3-4 months.

About next HOPA - If the players really enjoy our game, of course we will do next.

Hi Again Andreww.

Well, you better get started on your next HOPA game because we're just waiting for it.

Gotta go, back to finish the game!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 18, 11 9:27 AM
equusjoy wrote:
Valdy wrote:The one puzzle I never can do is the one which was on the chest on the ship, where you have to slide the pieces around to form an image. Never was able to do that one, and just don`t have the patience for this kind of puzzle.

I agree with Valdy about the slider puzzles, I can never do those and I always end up skipping them. You know what pieces you need to complete the picture but I can never get them to line up correctly. Very, very frustrating.

Joy

I am enjoying this game very much.
I have posted the solution for the Casket slider puzzle on youtube.

Edited on 10/18/2011 at 9:28:18 AM PST

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Oct 18, 11 10:13 AM
Absolutely loving this game!! Excellent graphics!
Thank you Andrew and to the entire team!
I can't wait until your next HOPA is released! It will be a definite buy!
Have a wonderful day!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 18, 11 1:27 PM
Hiya Andreww
Thank you for stopping by the pond, to see if your customers had any questions about your game, and for listening to our feedback, on the game.
I really appreciate it when developers do that, it shows they are really serious about what the customer thinks, and you put yourself out there, for both positive and negative comments, which I feel is very important to get a good feel, of what works and what doesn't, when you make a game.
Well, I have great news, this game is a lot of FUN, just finished the demo, and I think you and your team, did an AWESOME job !
I have tried several demo's today, and wasn't very pleased with them, so I am happy to say, that I will be buying, Odysseus: Long Way Home, after enjoying the demo so much .
I really liked doing the horse puzzle, it took a little patience, but felt good once I completed it, I am always a fan of those types of puzzles and would like more, that just MHO of course .
I am not a fan of the sliding the squares around, with only one space to do so, like someone else mentioned, I skipped it as well, just never have enough patience for those, and just don't care for them, but I am happy for those that do, can't please all of us all of the time, so that is just a teenzy weenzy negative .
I do however love the little details, in this game, the praying mantis moving, and how the horse was built, once everything was found and put together, just to name a few.
I am usually not a huge fan of mythology, but found myself really getting into, this one, so that says a lot on how well done, this game is .
I have gotten really picky about what games I want to buy, so am very pleased I found this, was spending way to much money, and ending up not really caring for the game, once purchased, or it was just an ok game, nothing to write home about.
But this one is FUN and ENTERTAINING, so off to buy, thanks Andreww looking forward to more games, from you and your team, best wishes !!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Oct 18, 11 5:00 PM
I just wanted to add to the applause
I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I liked theme - you could do a series of games using different myths!
It had the right adventure / hidden object scene mix for me. I loved the graphics and how nice to be playing a game with blue skies!!! I stopped to look at the water and sea scenes more than once and adored the little hedgehog in one of the HOS scenes.
Thanks you for a lovely game and look forward to more!!

Edited on 10/18/2011 at 5:00:42 PM PST

Go to: