Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Best in Show Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 19, 11 1:29 AM
suniris wrote:I get the same message that visual C needs to be repaired...tried but keep going back so I uninstalled it..won't try again..don't need something thats broken

coulden't play this at all

I didn`t get a message to repair Visual C, but to install it. I clicked on "cancel" of course, and the game finished installation.

When I clicked on "Play", the GM also closed on me (but this happened with a couple of games I own - never made a difference to the game), and I was able to play the game - no problems. When I exited the game, the GM came back on.

However, due to the smallness of the cards, I am not going to buy this game.

berzerk03
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by berzerk03 on Oct 19, 11 6:42 AM
minidox512 wrote:I too am experiencing VERY SLOW animation with the cards flip. I've tried to download updates for my drivers, but nothing has helped. I think I would LOVE this game if it didn't run SO SLOW. Help!

I'm super dissappointed that the cards turn so slowly too. I beta tested this game and commented that the slow cards were the only thing that would keep me from getting this game. Obviously they didn't fix that! Too bad...it seems like it would be a lot of fun otherwise.

DarkBrown
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by DarkBrown on Oct 19, 11 7:40 AM
I can't get the game to work at all. When I hit Play, it goes to the difficulty select screen and then won't respond to any commands. I can move the cursor around the screen, but I can't start the game.

Oh, well... If I can't get it to play, I guess I won't be playing this game. Too bad, I love solitaire games.

[Post New]by GradGames on Oct 19, 11 8:49 AM

Edited on 10/20/2011 at 1:42:26 PM PST

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 19, 11 12:42 PM
bella81762 wrote:i too have the gm closing...and......the animations are extremly slow....when the cards flip,

Same here, the animations are extremly slow .. . when the cards flip. Is this intended? If so, this is a big turn off for me. I love solitaire games to play when wanting mindless "time wasters." If it is not intended, I hope the developers fix it.

Want to buy, but will not with the slowness of the game. Bummer --

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Oct 20, 11 5:30 AM
Same problems for me: GM closes when I load this game, plus animations are annoyingly slow. I haven't received any error messages, though. I am running Windows XP so I don't think Windows 7 is the problem. I'm deleting it right now. I have never had technical problems with any games and I don't intend to start messing with my computer to "fix" this. Not worth it.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 20, 11 11:43 AM
well bfg, you wont let the dev help.....so where are you????

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 20, 11 1:50 PM
bella81762 wrote:well bfg, you wont let the dev help.....so where are you????

Hi bella81762,

We moderators only have a limited amount of tech advice we can offer, so that's why in addition to posting links to related help articles, we'd always encourage you to get in touch with our Technical Support team should you be experiencing any issues with your game.

Any time a number of folks are experiencing a similar issue, our reps will gather key information to be passed on to the developers, which will help them to see which types of systems are being affected.

So if you haven't already, please contact our Support team!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 10/20/2011 at 1:50:24 PM PST

Petlover1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Petlover1 on Oct 21, 11 3:40 PM
I am also having problems with this game. I bought it even though in the trial game the cards turned over very slowly. However, I really like the game and other than the slowness it worked fine, Until I got to the scene where there was a squirrel and no acorn. This has happened many times. So I contacted the help chat on line and the techy didn't know anything about this. He did brouse through the forum and found the reply about using the right dogs( He also offered to replace the game for me if I was unhappy with it). I wasn't aware that the fence blocker also came without a dig under the fence card. Maybe these aren't program gliches, but actually part of the game to make you think more as this didn't occur until i hit the dark park level. I had to admit that I didn't consider using the correct dog. I will try it and see what happens. Although with slowness of the card turning and also receiving the repair Ctt2008 message it really makes you wonder.

AmyCT
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by AmyCT on Oct 23, 11 6:39 AM
I find a number of glitches inside the game... some of the products in the store do nothing... the poop-bags and dog whistle... nothing Will not even " ring up". And then fairly often during the game some things will not work. I had a queen, with both a king and a jack on the board. It would not let me play the king, but lets me play the jack, for example.
So, while I have had no problem loading, and don't find the cards flipping slowly, I have found many bugs within the game play.

[Post New]by GradGames on Oct 26, 11 7:48 AM
Poop Bags - add additional undos (you get only 1 per hand) but purchasing poop bags will add to this number.... if you purchase 5 - you'll get 5 extra undos.

The Dog Whistle - can only be purchased once and increases your chance of training a dog with a dog treat.

AmyCT
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by AmyCT on Oct 27, 11 7:47 PM
Well, not on mine.. I cannot buy either... nothing gets subtracted from my money.. nothing happens.
And now I get a great dane appearing when I start, but he is not on my list.. and sometimes, like just now, all my money disappears... although it still says it is there in the shop. LOTS of these little glitches.
I will try deleteing and downloading again, but I will have to start over. I probably will just trash it... Wasted a game... sigh.

[Post New]by Melvin2 on Oct 28, 11 10:22 AM
I am having some glitchy problems. Shows a win when I didn't, no acorn card to get rid of squirrel (although this may be part of the game challenge??), point to one card to get rid of and it deletes the one behind it. I uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. I see a few of you are suffering through some weird things, too. Anybody found any fix-its?

[Post New]by Wiener on Oct 29, 11 10:58 AM
Melvin2 wrote:I am having some glitchy problems. Shows a win when I didn't, no acorn card to get rid of squirrel (although this may be part of the game challenge??), point to one card to get rid of and it deletes the one behind it. I uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. I see a few of you are suffering through some weird things, too. Anybody found any fix-its?

Still waiting to see if there will be any fixes. Sure hope so, cause its a great game.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Nov 1, 11 3:23 PM
Count me as another having problems with how slow the cards flip. Unless that can be addressed, I won't be buying the game. Too bad, as I do love dogs.

Tynee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Tynee on Nov 1, 11 5:11 PM
i too have the gm closing...and......the animations are extremely slow....when the cards flip, And all this occurred after I purchased the game. Half way done and now this after having so much fun with the game. Now I want my credit back until they can work out all the problems. Sorry guys, you mess this one up.

[Post New]by RisingSnow on Nov 5, 11 2:45 PM
I bought this game and have been plagued with the same slow-flipping cards as everyone else. This is not a minor problem but, judging from the number of posts in this thread, is an inherent collection of bugs small and large that should have been taken care of early in beta. I love BF. Always have. I'm a loyal customer and on the rare occasion that I've had a problem, the customer service team has been there to help.

But this is a widescale problem involving a product that isn't up to BF standards by any measure. I'm actually embarrassed for the staff every time the BF logo comes up when I try to play the game. I've been a business manager and/or website sysop for decades and the decisions are (or should be) clear:

1. Remove the game from sale to prevent more damage to the BF reputation.
2. Contact the developer and demand the game be patched/fixed immediately.
3. Apologize to the dozens that have complained and the hundreds that will just walk away mad. There is a rule: A happy customer tells a few friends - an unhappy customer thells everyone. Please fix this situation ASAP.

Kittaly
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Kittaly on Nov 13, 11 8:28 PM
I'm just wondering if there is any intention of this game getting fixed? I loved the demo until I started running into all the same issues already posted and am hoping to be able to purchase this.

ceejaye1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ceejaye1 on Nov 21, 11 4:58 PM
I am also gettinf the visual C needs repaired. The game runs really slow and even when I do just try to be patient it freezes the computer. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. That does nothing. And it will not save my game. I have to start over every time I play it. Looks like it would be fun, but am really unhappy with this game.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 8, 12 7:29 AM
I know this is an old game and old thread but I wanted to post my experience w/ playing the demo on my two computers

On my old PC w/ XP the game ran fine. No glitches and no slow turning of cards. I'm not sure if I got all the items I tried to buy in the store (i.e. the collar--how do you know if you actually got it? If you do it should now show on your dog in the play screens).

Then I installed the demo on my laptop running win7. I had the same problems as everyone else w/ that Visual c thing and the game not running, not starting, all those manifestations. So I simply changed compatibility mode to win xp. I did accept the Visual C which I'm thinking is probably an old plug in or something that is necessary on newer systems. (I didn't get the prompt for that when I installed on my XP computer).

Anyway the game runs fine now, cards don't turn slow and I didn't have any problems w/ the acorns etc that others ran into HOWEVER I only played the hour demo on each machine.

I like this game and will probably get it and hopefully I don't run into game play glitches but like another poster said, you can use a different dog to avoid certain hang ups like fences that won't go away etc.

There is def. a learning curve to this and I started getting the hang of it right around the time my demo hours were up. Lots of challenges and fun to play.

To me the only drawback is the cards are small or maybe it's just the numbers on the cards that are too small and hard to read. sort of gives me a headache. And that's on my larger PC monitor not just my laptop.

In another thread the developer mentions a sequel is coming out so hopefully most of these problems will be fixed. It's really a very good solitaire game.

Go to: