Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor technical issues here only

[Post New]by mauriandlaw on Oct 20, 11 2:09 AM
access violation + i see no text....... the list of the hidden objects is empty.........
First time ever i have a problem, i would buy the game, but i see it has the same CE problems........
I'll pass !!

Edited on 10/20/2011 at 2:11:05 AM PST

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Oct 20, 11 2:53 AM
Just about managed to play the whole game, no problems downloading.

Every time I tried to restart the game to continue playing it - either by using the GM or clicking on the desktop icon - I got an access violation.

After two access violations, I managed to get into the game. Third time lucky on every occasion. Just pure perseverance.

Edit: Forgot to mention that although it was set to widescreen, there were enormous black sides to the game so the view screen was not as large as I would have liked.

Edited on 10/20/2011 at 2:56:07 AM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Oct 20, 11 3:58 AM
Another "access violation" victim here on both XP and Windows 7 machines, updated video drivers, no problems on Direct X diagnostics. I'm not going to do a "Dr. Felix" as it never seems to help when problems like this crop up.

[Post New]by rascalfish on Oct 20, 11 7:40 AM
Same problem here! No text on HOS! Ever since we got new game manager. these problems have multiplied. Perhaps there is a connection BFG?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 20, 11 10:51 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are continuing to have troubles with the Access Violation error message or cannot see the text in the Hidden Object scene, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can help you with these issues.

Please also be sure to include a Dr. Felix report so that our reps have the best information to assist you with the game. Thank you everyone!

-bfgArnoStyx

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Oct 20, 11 11:39 AM
Once again I should have listened to the people in the forum. The game froze several times during the course of it but restarting solved the problem. Not so with the very ending. At the very end it froze up and no matter how many times I restarted it would still freeze up at the same spot every time. This is inexcusable but the kind of thing we have all come to expect from BFG. Shame on all of us.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Oct 21, 11 6:36 AM
i had three blank screens and two freezes, so i deleted it. pity, because i was really enjoying the game

abdulz69
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by abdulz69 on Oct 21, 11 11:23 AM
I am enjoying the game so far, but it seems very slow. Whenever I click on a new area to go to it takes much longer than other games I have played. Weird.

[Post New]by thetroll2 on Oct 21, 11 12:44 PM
Only problem I've had so far was in the HOS in the greenhouse. It won't let me have the brush. I clicked all over it and still wouldn't let me have it.

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Oct 21, 11 1:00 PM
abdulz69 wrote:I am enjoying the game so far, but it seems very slow. Whenever I click on a new area to go to it takes much longer than other games I have played. Weird.

Me too. It takes a lot longer to get around than in the fixed version of the CE. Any chance of a fixed version of the SE? I too like the game, but the slow and glitchy running is a deal breaker i'm afraid

claykitty
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by claykitty on Oct 22, 11 12:53 AM
Having a great time with this game. No problems until I got to the section with the church and chapel; and the cottage and underground passageway. In these locationsd, instead of an arrow or footsteps indicating that I am moving back (or down the screen), I get a small, thin up (or forward) arrow. Definitely isn't right. Never saw it before in a HOG. Any ideas?

claykitty
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by claykitty on Oct 22, 11 12:55 AM
Having a great time with this game. No problems until I got to the section with the church and chapel; and the cottage and underground passageway. In these locations, instead of an arrow or footsteps indicating that I am moving back (or down the screen), I get a small, thin up (or forward) arrow. Definitely not right. Never saw it before in a HOG or anywhere else in this game. Any ideas? Thanks.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Oct 22, 11 12:21 PM
abdulz69 wrote:I am enjoying the game so far, but it seems very slow. Whenever I click on a new area to go to it takes much longer than other games I have played. Weird.

Very Slow Segue from scene to scene. Otherwise, a good game. Will there be a fix for this? Hope so!

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by agedog1 on Oct 22, 11 4:14 PM
Thanks fish's think I'll pass on this one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 23, 11 3:14 AM
Tikatoy wrote:Not seeing either the "Buy It" or "Try It" download links on the page (for the SE, the CE download links are there).

bfgArnoStyx wrote:Tikatoy, you may want to see if using a different web browser might help. Here is a help article with a list of web browsers that are compatible: <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=267">Supported Web Browsers </a>

-bfgArnoStyx

Tikatoy posted this on the day this game was not out officially. If Tikatoy is NOT a club member, then he or she would only be able to see the "Buy" and "Try" buttons on the day the game is out, not on the previous day, when it`s a "TGT".

Sandhya1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Sandhya1 on Oct 23, 11 4:49 AM
I too am having issues with Access Violations and freezes...any one fixed this yet?

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Oct 23, 11 1:20 PM
claykitty wrote:Having a great time with this game. No problems until I got to the section with the church and chapel; and the cottage and underground passageway. In these locations, instead of an arrow or footsteps indicating that I am moving back (or down the screen), I get a small, thin up (or forward) arrow. Definitely not right. Never saw it before in a HOG or anywhere else in this game. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sounds like the custom cursor option somehow got unchecked....that's what the footstep cursor looks like when the custom cursor option is unchecked...er...sorry about the redundancy.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 23, 11 7:19 PM
I enjoyed the game...but the laggy cursor and slow movement from scene to scene were extremely annoying. Then, at the very end (last scene I think) the game froze completely, then finally went to a totally black screen. I even checked to see if my computer had shut itself down (it hadn't). After many clicks I was finally able to get to my desktop and reenter the game (twice) before I could finally end the game from the game menu. Could this particular problem be because maybe that is where the bonus part of the CE would be and some technicality caused the game to freeze there?

I would love to replay the game with a responsive cursor and smooth transition from scene to scene (and correction of the end-game freeze) if these problems could be repaired.

Overall, a good game minus the above problems.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Oct 24, 11 9:24 PM
We can't all be having computer faults or browser, virus manager issues here, causing the Access violation problems , Norton on, Norton off downloading the game with Firefox, or I E , same result .
I am deleting the game , not able to play

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Oct 25, 11 12:48 AM
I was getting access violations at different times - beginning or during game play. My drivers and software are up to date and my anti-virus software wasn't complaining so I figured it had to be something else.

As I often do after uninstalling any program or game, I ran my register cleaner. The first time I ran it there were a lot of errors pertaining to the game. I don't know what they meant but I figured I'd give the game another try. It started up just fine but the next time I started I'd get the error again. Okay, then I'll just run the register cleaner now and see what happens. Huh, game worked for a while. Access violation, clean register, runs fine. Rinse, repeat.

I don't know what that means to the developer or BF but it meant I finished the game.

MO

Go to: