Reviews for 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour

[Post New]by nanafun on Oct 31, 11 2:13 PM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/182794.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Reviews for 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 31, 11 6:17 PM
Not much left that hasn't been said already. So just a comment or two. Love this game and the series. MJ makes great games and I always look forward to new ones from them. Thanks for the "Spooky" sale. The only thing that makes a great game better is to get it on sale! lol
Happy Gaming All
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Happy Halloween
BK

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Nov 1, 11 3:26 AM
Ha ha .. this is a great little game, with more bangs, booms, sparkles and whistles than even the most avid 'bangs, booms, sparkles and whistles' match 3 devotees could ever wish for!

Smashing.

Just one thing though .. I completed Camelot and Valhalla in the demo, and I see there's only 6 more locations .. so I don't think it's the lovely long length of Heroes of Hellas or some of the other greats.

Unless i'm missing something.
Jo

Reviews for 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour

[Post New]by daprole on Nov 6, 11 2:01 PM
Same speed problem here.

It works fine on a one Windows 7 machine and not on the other one (my wife's).

Both have plenty of ram but hers is 32 bit.

She has 3 gigs of ram and an Nvidia Geforce 6200 with 512 megs.

It is 5 years old but everything else runs pretty fast.

Any commonality with your machine?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 10, 11 3:03 PM
Back in my ancient gaming days, 7 Wonder of the Ancient World was one of the first casual games I played. This latest installment, 7 Wonders Magical Mystery Tour, has enhanced almost every aspect of this tried and true match-3 game.

There are so many choices in this game it seems that it can be tailored to suit the taste of just about anyone. There is an untimed mode and three timed modes. The three timed modes are Normal, Expert and Insane. I started out in untimed mode then quickly switched over to the timed normal mode when I saw that the two types of mini-games were not available in the untimed mode. I found the timer to be generous especially after learning how to charge and use the 8 different Bonus Power-ups.

The Bonus Power-ups are made available to you as you build each location. So you earn them gradually during your first time through the game. When you play the game a second time you have the advantage of having all of the Bonus Power-ups available to use.

Mastering all 21 of the achievements brings a lot of replay value to the game. Once a location is complete you can go back to that level if you want to replay it to increase your score or work towards one of the achievements. I found this feature very useful when trying to get specific achievements.

I think the visual effects and artwork in the game are outstanding. I particularly enjoyed the Caratus Gold Mine scenes. It was so funny to watch the antics of the miners and their supervisor as they strolled about picking up the gold. It was also fun to watch each of the wonders appearing piece by piece as the resources were applied. The little characters are so cute with their animations and gestures cheering us on.

Overall the game is tons of fun and very addictive! There was just something about it that kept drawing me back to play more. Mumbo Jumbo seems to have found a winning formula with this 7 Wonders series and I hope to see more in the future.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 11, 11 2:56 PM
first let me say that i was very happy to see the wide screen filled up - for M3's that's a treasure!

love this developer and i'm happy to see them release something bright, cheery and fun [instead of dark, spooky and fun ] that i can share with the whole family!

the music is engaging and energetic and can be adjusted in volume apart from the other sounds in the game so you can still hear all the little guys hollering about as they work even if you decide to turn the music way down and those little guys are just the cutest! my jaw dropped when i saw one walk by with a thought balloon - filled with a hot dog! then i decided i needed to pay a little more attention to them to see what else was going on...

i know others have commented on timed versus untimed... but the options go a little further than that... zen gives you all the time in the world... normal puts you on a forgiving timer that gives you a deadline, but doesn't beat you with a stick to get it done... advanced uses that stick and moves your deadline up a bit... then there's insane which the game describes as:
for non-union workers who work with reckless abandon for the sake of the highest bragging rights

needless to say, i don't think i will be trying the insane difficulty immediately, but... someday it might be fun to at least see how that plays out

liked the puzzles put forth in the mining and chiseling rooms once you got all the keys... still M3 related, but different modes of matching... and of course i love anything achievement related!!! when i earned my first one, i was so excited i had to go find out how many there were! and i know i will play until i get every single one of them!

all around, a great game to add to my collection

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Nov 15, 11 3:03 PM
I'm not a big fan of M3 games, but I like the 7 Wonders series.
This one is lovely and the Normal mode is not too tough; as others have stated it has different difficulty levels including an untimed one.

My only question is, why is the land of Caesars in South America?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 15, 11 3:34 PM
Gieyo wrote:I'm not a big fan of M3 games, but I like the 7 Wonders series.
This one is lovely and the Normal mode is not too tough; as others have stated it has different difficulty levels including an untimed one.

My only question is, why is the land of Caesars in South America?

The City of the Caesars (Spanish Ciudad de los Césares), is a mythical city of South America. It is supposedly located somewhere in Patagonia, in some valley of the Andes between Chile and Argentina. Despite being searched for during the colonization of South America, no evidence proves that it ever existed.

Most of the descriptions of the city talk about it as a prosperous and rich city full of gold, silver and diamonds. At least one description, also says it was located in between two mountains, one of gold and another of diamonds.

Edited on 11/15/2011 at 3:36:34 PM PST

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on Dec 14, 11 3:00 PM
Time Management - Building - Sim - Farm Challenge

This is my second review on my quest to make sure I've played all the time managment -farm- building-sim games.

I had fun with this game - found it was a good game to do while I was watching tv.

Lisa

Other games in my quest:
Country Fair
7 Wonders: Magical Mystery tour

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Mar 17, 12 10:01 AM
Well, I read all of the reviews and it seemed to be about a 70-30 split in favour. Downloaded and played for about 25 minutes. No buy for me. I'm an avid M3 player but this is just too slow playing. Having to wait for all the jewels to drop before making your next move is just annoying. I also don't like the beehive pattern and I sure don't like having to drag the jewels. Just clicking on them is much easier. If you're going to have a drag and drop game then don't make it a straight M3 - go to string or chain. That's it. No buy.

ahma2
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ahma2 on May 20, 12 3:46 PM
CasualGran wrote:Goodday fishies!

This will be the first 7 Wonders I'll be buying because... it has a Zen mode! Yeh! Yippie! No timer! That's the way I like it!

Of course for all the other fishies loving a challenge there are more modes to choose from, beginning by Normal. Meaning, amongst others, timed. There you are. Fun for everyone!

I think this is a very cute game. I like seeing those moving little figures at the bottom of your screen, I like the overall happy atmosphere. Really a nice change from the usual stuff I'm buying being the thrilling kind of HOGs.

A very good M3 game I can recommend to everyone (liking M3 of course )

5 out of 5

kokous02
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kokous02 on Aug 21, 13 8:02 PM
Have just purchased this and played for about 30 minutes. Still not sure what I am supposed to be doing, but no doubt it will all become clear in time.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 24, 14 4:31 PM
Welllll, this one wasn't as long or as fun as 7 Wonders: Treasures of 7. Basically a standard match 3 game with power-ups, but not real efficient ones since you can only power-up one at a time.

Cute little guys at the bottom also in this one but you also get different ones who produce the waterfalls and foliage...and say "hey" too many times!

Timer is very generous, I never ran out of time. There are a couple of min puzzles that will give you extra do-dads for your construction...the gold mining one is quite difficult and I was only able to finish a couple of those.

If you haven't played the 7 wonders series, you will find this game very entertaining and will buy the rest. I've got all the 7 wonders games and find them A LOT of fun.

Go to: