Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Oct 20, 11 5:54 AM
Absolutely stunning and just as good as the first two IMO. Graphics are brilliant, and game play is excellent.These games are in a class of their own. Love every minute of it..more like this please BFG!!

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Oct 20, 11 6:01 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:The worst and most uncomfortable creation of BD Studios!!! And they know how to create quality games!

1) I got dizzy only from the continuous movement of the screen.

2) The grapfics are foggy and lack any touch of aesthetics. Where is the beauty of Drawn 1?

3) Lack of visually hints button and SG link - I can reach the hint only is I move to the low side of the screen; these two, together with the continuous moving screen creates very uncomfortable mental situation. I want to run away as fast as I can from this chaos...

Pity...

You can turn off the screen movement in Options.

alimac196
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by alimac196 on Oct 20, 11 6:13 AM
Well I am just loving this game so far.

Turned the screen movement off straight away though as I personally found it unpleasant and I don't think the lack of the motion detracts from the game (tried both and preferred it without the movement).

The graphics are beautiful as you would expect from the Drawn games, and the puzzles are challenging but fun and different from most of the other games I have seen recently. It feels very interactive to me, but so far in the game (about 1.5hrs in) have yet to find a hidden object scene. This isn't a major issue for me as I like the adventure side of things, and perhaps instead of the standard HOS they are giving us something different (you'll have to try it to see for yourself).

So far I would highly recommend this game and think it very much worth the CE price. At the very least I would recommend you trial this game

Happy gaming fishies!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 20, 11 6:35 AM
I was immediately upset that BF is putting out a CE with no walk through but with the hint system I really didn't need one for the demo. I don't know about the rest.

The game is a fun change from the normal dark games of this type. I didn't care for the screen that moves around without really going anywhere and I don't like the hidden inventory bar. I like to look down and see what I have. Lazy me Never have understood why they make games that ask you to change your computer set up to play.

The demo was incredibly short but what I did play I enjoyed. It's rather like one giant puzzle. No hidden object scenes. I loved the bright colors and fun atmosphere. The hint system is fantastic as is the story line.

Unfortunately I think I will wait for the SE on this one simply because there is no walk through and that is basically why I pay the extra when I buy a CE.

1/2: out of 5. There were just to many things that I personally don't care for in this. I have a feeling I will be the minority

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Oct 20, 11 6:42 AM
I loved the first two Drawn games - so original and challenging. I really like this one, too, but finished the demo in hard mode in 35 minutes. Then I looked at the walkthrough and discovered that I was partway through chapter 2 in that time and there are only 5 chapters including the bonus, which seems kind of short! I will probably purchase the CE anyway, because I do enjoy these games (I have replayed both of the others several times).

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Oct 20, 11 6:52 AM
Will buy it without trying out the demo .

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 20, 11 6:54 AM
bratzgram wrote:I was immediately upset that BF is putting out a CE with no walk through but with the hint system I really didn't need one for the demo. I don't know about the rest.

The game is a fun change from the normal dark games of this type. I didn't care for the screen that moves around without really going anywhere and I don't like the hidden inventory bar. I like to look down and see what I have. Lazy me Never have understood why they make games that ask you to change your computer set up to play.

The demo was incredibly short but what I did play I enjoyed. It's rather like one giant puzzle. No hidden object scenes. I loved the bright colors and fun atmosphere. The hint system is fantastic as is the story line.

Unfortunately I think I will wait for the SE on this one simply because there is no walk through and that is basically why I pay the extra when I buy a CE.

1/2: out of 5. There were just to many things that I personally don't care for in this. I have a feeling I will be the minority

I'm with you. Didn't like it at all. Just not my cup of tea.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 20, 11 6:55 AM
I was immediately upset that BF is putting out a CE with no walk through
I don't know where you got that one from, especially since the walkthrough is a stickied thread in this forum.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 20, 11 7:09 AM
First of all before buying this one I will have to back and play the previous Drawn.
But, my God, it was so difficult. And from a review I read here this one is not any easier. I did not try it. Maybe I will give the previous one a try and then get this one as a SE or DD.

Happy for those who are loving it

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Oct 20, 11 7:17 AM
They must be kidding.... 2,5 hours playing time including the bonus chapter which is in between. Maybe three for some players or slow readers are there are a lot of text and dialouge. A lot of running forth and back.

The graphics are ... if you like to have more less all in blue... at least they are different.

The best of the game are some less puzzles which are a bit more challenging, but mostly puzzles are on a low niveau.

We have seen a hole bunch of games with better graphics, better story, better puzzles and much more playing time. This is rediculous

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Oct 20, 11 7:21 AM
A very complicated game. Interaction to the max. The artistry of the scenes is suberb and the music is appropriate. Voice overs are extremely well done. Having no issue with hint system, it seems adequate enough to get you through the rough spots,however, it is not the usual strategy guide type as most games use. There is screen movement but it can be controlled in the options menu. I tried different levels and settled on off. It slowed it down but did not entirely prevent all movement. Have not found any true hidden object scenes. Most of play revolves around locating objects that is needed to accompolish the task at hand. Puzzles are not as easy as they appear and if I had any "cons" about the game it would be lack of good instructions on how to do the puzzle. Inexperienced gamers may have some difficulty playing this game. It's a buy here as were the other two in the Drawn series.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Oct 20, 11 7:29 AM
First Drawn: Completed, with difficulty, but completed. Did not like the story, nor the puzzles, nor the color. (Did BF get a discount for using tons of blue?)

Second Drawn: Uninstalled at about half the game. So messy.

Third Drawn: I don't think so.

Edited on 10/20/2011 at 8:16:24 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 20, 11 7:31 AM
edit - completed game

Overall I loved this game, really enjoyable lovely break from normal HOPAs. But I can't recommend the CE to others. I have never played as short a bonus extra gameplay as this. And no SG. If you wait a few weeks, you will be getting the exact same great game.

comparing -

Drawn was darker, and much longer and had amazing interactive paintings of different styles. This is more joyous, fun but WAY shorter and doesn't have any hanging paintings interactions. The 1st had the pop up interactive puzzles this had them all in a book - I loved the book and the finding items but missed the photos interactive and missed the hardness of the first.
With the feel and fairytale graphics this is trying to reinvent itself as it is a bit different to the previous 2 games. But is MUCH easier, making this ideal for gamers that haven't played the 1st drawn yet, and as this is a prequel makes sense doing this.

things I love
- pop up book interactions and the hidden objects
- achievements - they are fun and can replay them easily in sections
- hidden inventory bar - so was immersed in game (can lock it)
- amazing graphics (but lack of color at beginning)
- some harder puzzles
- fun lighter gameplay

things not so good

- Bonus play was so short (I did like the drawings in the bonus though)
- Overall game was way shorter than original drawn
- Way easier than original
- No SG, the hints worked well most of the time but gave me spoilers - would have prefered 'phantom of opera' progressive hints - choose what hint you want or even a "nothing to do in this scene, come back later" or circle to what to do.
- one puzzle (first bonus one) was dreadful in telling the objective and hints

An A game but let down in easier gameplay, shocking short bonus gameplay, no integrated SG which makes it an overall B game.

bonus gameplay the shortest ever in a game - (after replaying as I had a glitch at beginning) was about 20 mins, the shortest chapter in the game.

overall gameplay time was about 4hrs including bonus (I did spend another 10 mins going back to get the last 3 hidden items) While this may sound fine, I am not a quick player the original took me over 7hrs. I play on hardest and for achievments.

Edited on 10/22/2011 at 12:16:40 PM PST

[Post New]by potlane on Oct 20, 11 7:34 AM
I loved the first two Drawns and will definitely buy this one -- how long must I wait for the iPad version?

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Oct 20, 11 7:34 AM
I, for one, always find myself pondering upon which is THE Hidden Object Game to have. Granted, the opinions are varied and to even think one could ever decipher the difference for their individual self, is beyond the realm of reality. Fortunately, I have come up with a theory which at least gives me the opportunity to decide those games that are a complete failure. Drawn: Trail Of Shadows CE is one of those games to stay away from. First and foremost is the fact that although it claims to be a CE, there is no Strategy Guide included. This, in itself, proves to me right away that no matter how great the game is, it is still lacking a major part of the CE. Secondly, the purposely drawn cartoon backgrounds is a giant step backward for the Hidden Object Game genre. For me, the more realistic the graphics, the more entertainment is had immersing oneself in the surrealism of the story. Lastly, even in the movie industry when it comes to making a prequel, if enough creative effort is not put forward into its conception, the result will be confusion mixed with the overall view of "Why bother?!" Instead of this series going from good to better to best, the Drawn series went from good, to great, to lacking.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 20, 11 7:39 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
I don't know where you got that one from, especially since the walkthrough is a stickied thread in this forum.

i believe they mean a intergrated sg, not a enhanced hint system....its one of the reasons people buy ce,s , makes it a no buy for me also

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 20, 11 7:40 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:

Hey Mr_Russ--I suspect that the poster was disappointed with the lack of an integrated Strategy Guide, which has come to be expected with a BFG CE. We think that a Blog W/T usually accompanies an SE. I'm also sort of disappointed with such a "skeleton" CE.

Regards, elldee

Edited on 10/20/2011 at 7:45:05 AM PST

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Oct 20, 11 7:42 AM
OHHH MY. so excited to wake up and see this as TGT. I had a chance to see this game in the works a few times.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the way the screen moves.... bringing the screen to life for me. I do agree, for some, this causes issues, but for others, It was just one more way to bring the game to life. What an added bonus.

I also like the fact, this as used a different style of artwork than the other two. SO, I do not feel like I am just playing another versions of the first two, but one that the devs worked hard to make a bit different.

As for no SG... I find the hint system works just as well, It keeps me moving in the right directions without giving away to much of the game. One thing I have never liked about the SG of other games, is the way it just tells you what to do next. Sometimes I just want a nudge.

[Post New]by Scarlett11551 on Oct 20, 11 8:26 AM
Great Game. Just as good as the other two. Will have to wait a month, as I can't afford the CE edition.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 20, 11 8:30 AM
As playing the other two games, I would think that saying someone other than- is a spoiler...Just me....I did not want to know that

Go to: