moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

Re:Post any Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines technical issues here only

[Post New]by moesart on Oct 23, 11 8:40 PM
Kya27 wrote:Hello!

My inventory items seem to go missing. The fire extinguisher that I got in the hall is gone. Need it to put out the garage fire? Pretty sure I didn't use it anywhere else. Thanks much!

You don't use the extinquisher to put out the fire. You have to fix the fountain in the back yard.

bitsy1949
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bitsy1949 on Oct 23, 11 11:29 PM
I'm having the same problem as StefsCat, flickering at the bottom of the screen. At first I thought it was part of the ambience of the game because it didn't flicker on the HOS's, but got worse as the game went on. Will buy as DD, COTW, or any other sale if the issue is fixed. Too bad, I like these types of games.

Edited on 10/23/2011 at 11:33:40 PM PST

jbinch
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jbinch on Oct 25, 11 3:34 AM
Is anyone else having a problem with all the text within the game disappearing?? The demo seemed to be fine so I purchased using a coupon code but once I activated the game, all the text is gone! There are no tasks listed, nothing on the in-game map, no text across the top of the screen, etc. Too many problems with this one so I've asked for a credit. Actually, there's been too many problems with too many games lately !

[Post New]by 6965097 on Oct 25, 11 7:43 PM
I have put the $2.00 into the machine and have pressed 7 but it has not given me the key card. What do I do now?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 26, 11 11:45 PM
6965097 wrote:I have put the $2.00 into the machine and have pressed 7 but it has not given me the key card. What do I do now?

Did you enter "7" or "07"? It's a two digit code so only "07" will work.

Robin

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on Oct 27, 11 12:48 AM
I am also having problems with the game crashing - once when I clicked on the trash can in the first room and again in the mother's room. I don't seem to have any technical issues my end. Must I reinstall?

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Oct 28, 11 6:01 PM
About halfway through the game, my hints meter stopped recharging. It's been "charging" for over an hour and no progress. Some of the items are very small or oddly named, and without the hints, I have to randomly click around until the item comes up. Fixes?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 28, 11 7:01 PM
Kya27 wrote:Hello!

My inventory items seem to go missing. The fire extinguisher that I got in the hall is gone. Need it to put out the garage fire? Pretty sure I didn't use it anywhere else. Thanks much!

You don't need the fire extinguisher for anything, you put out the fire a different way. If you need more help, see the Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games. It has step by step instructions and marked screenshots.

To get to the Blog Walthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

ranger05
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ranger05 on Nov 3, 11 9:16 AM
My problem is in the reception area with the HOS in the jacket. There is a knife in the list and I have found it, but the game doesn't recognize the click. I know it is the knife because I checked the walkthrough. It worked in the demo, but in the full version the hot spot that tells the program you found the item seems to be missing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Getting aggravated because I made it further in the game in the demo and I can't play the full version. I have upgraded everything on my computer that I can and it doesn't work.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Nov 4, 11 11:35 AM
Yep, I had the problem with the jerky black bar thing running acros the bottom 3rd of the screen, especially when trying to move around. REALLY annoying and just one mor reason I won't be buying this game.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 11 2:14 PM
ranger05 wrote:My problem is in the reception area with the HOS in the jacket. There is a knife in the list and I have found it, but the game doesn't recognize the click. I know it is the knife because I checked the walkthrough. It worked in the demo, but in the full version the hot spot that tells the program you found the item seems to be missing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Getting aggravated because I made it further in the game in the demo and I can't play the full version. I have upgraded everything on my computer that I can and it doesn't work.

The Reception area is through the door off the main hallway that has the Exit Sign, but there isn't any jacket there. So I'm guessing you mean the Nurse Station Lobby down at the end of the Main Hallway, where you go behind the desk.

In that scene, the "Knife" is a black scalpel on the arm of the chair.

Note that you will have a slightly different FIND LIST each time you play the game, so you might have slightly different items than we had in the walkthrough.

Anyway, if it is the area by the Nurse Station Lobby, look on the chair arm (on the right side of the scene) and see if the scalpel is there. If that doesn't solve the issue, contact Technical Support by clicking on the green envelope in the right column of this page.

Good luck!

Robin

Edited on 11/04/2011 at 7:12:26 PM PST

ranger05
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ranger05 on Nov 5, 11 10:51 AM
Thank you Robin94122. I did not see the scalpel on the arm of the chair. I had clicked all around the area but I guess I didn't hit the right spot and when I pressed hint it had that circled but also part of the shelf behind where there was something that looked like a knife. But, you solved my problem. It wasn't a tech issue after all.

ranger05

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 5, 11 11:14 AM
Glad to help, that was definitely a tricky one!

Robin

[Post New]by Dougbt on Nov 7, 11 2:47 PM
Game played good but my inventory box would flicker and i had to guess where the items were to use them

[Post New]by adagirl594 on Nov 13, 11 4:17 PM
jbinch wrote:Is anyone else having a problem with all the text within the game disappearing?? The demo seemed to be fine so I purchased using a coupon code but once I activated the game, all the text is gone! There are no tasks listed, nothing on the in-game map, no text across the top of the screen, etc. Too many problems with this one so I've asked for a credit. Actually, there's been too many problems with too many games lately !

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on Nov 20, 11 5:50 PM
I am at the picture on the door toward the end of the game. I have (according to the walkthrough) collected all the picture pieces to assemble in the frame, but the center triangular piece is missing. Someone else mentioned this same thing in the forum (as did I). I am wondering if there is a glitch in the program where the piece is being perceived by the game as visible, but it has somehow been 'covered up' during placement of the other pieces and the cursor will not turn to the hand even if a miniscule edge is showing around the frame? I can't get it to show up in the frame or anywhere else.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 27, 11 12:51 PM
tejasgal wrote:Yep, I had the problem with the jerky black bar thing running acros the bottom 3rd of the screen, especially when trying to move around. REALLY annoying and just one mor reason I won't be buying this game.

This is the problem I encountered immediately on playing the demo. Not gonna buy this one, even with a $2.99 sale.

[Post New]by moondreamer on Dec 13, 11 9:04 AM
When the game downloaded a pop up opened saying it was a Beta game, would I like to find the source, or have windows (microsoft?) find it. I chose have windows find it, and it's disappeared. Is this game available only in Beta version? Or binary? I think it said Binary, not Beta.

[Post New]by armyabby on Feb 13, 12 2:24 PM
For the life of me I can't get my mouse pointer to show up in this game. I have done EVERYTHING it says in the help section and still NOTHING!! Anyone have any useful tips?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 27, 12 4:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

If you're running into graphics issues like the text disappearing, or if the game is crashing I'd try some of the steps at this help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you click the blue text it will take you right there, and these steps have helped people clear up issues like this in the past. If the game isn't responding like it should, one thing that can also help is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This won't lose your spot in the game but can help make sure everything is working properly:

Uninstalling and reinstalling a game

moondreamer this game should be available as a non-beta version. There could be a different version of the game on your computer. I would try uninstalling the game completely then try reinstalling directly from your purchase history (or the game page if you were just trying the trial)

armyabby can you see the cursor at all at any point? If you can see it at least before the game starts I might try turning off custom cursor to see if that helps (start the game, click "Options", then uncheck Custom Cursor), sometimes that can be the problem.

For those running into trouble with graphics flickering or a black bar - we have an update to the game for that. You can find more information on how to get the update here:

UPDATE! New version available for Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines! February 27th 2012

If you're still running into any trouble after trying any of these steps just click the green envelope on the the right to get in touch with our Customer Support team (or if you click the blue text it gives you information on other ways to get in touch with them).

Since we have an update to this game I'll be locking this tech thread up and creating a new one, so we can track any issues that may be occurring after the game update. New tech issues can be posted here:

New: Post any Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines technical issues here only

However hopefully everything will be smooth sailing from here. Thanks everyone!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 4:34:45 PM PST

Go to: