sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by sollys on Oct 23, 11 11:34 AM
Screen goes black when an scene changes. Freezes up. Ctrl.Alt,Del, takes you back to the window task manager, get back into game and next scene change screen goes black agaoin. Am Deleting demo and not purchasing this game.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 23, 11 11:51 AM
Hi everyone,

For those of you whose game is lagging or freezing/crashing, or if the graphics aren't displaying properly, I'd encourage you to check for an update to your video card drivers and/or other graphics software. Here's the link to a help article with more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're receiving an "Access Violation" error message, please give the steps in this help article a try:

Access Violation

If you're still having troubles after giving these steps a try, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be able to offer some troubleshooting steps that are more specific to your system after gather some information from you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 10/23/2011 at 11:52:48 AM PST

shany1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by shany1 on Oct 23, 11 12:01 PM
Game played great til i went to shut down and an access error came up. when i click cancel game running error. my computer would not let me close out til " program still running" message came up. Anyone have this same problem?

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by molla311 on Oct 23, 11 12:02 PM
Hello.
I went in to the SG before starting the game just to have a look, and it froze, I had to close. Game started out fine then in the first house the screen went black in two different places. The mannequin and when I tried to look out the window in the room. Flashlight and inventory was still there.
Not a buy for me to much trouble.

Edited on 10/23/2011 at 12:04:43 PM PST

spiritc
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by spiritc on Oct 23, 11 12:17 PM
Everything was great until I had to wxit game to purchase. When I resumed the top to the jewelry box which had been in my inventory had dissappeared. Cannot continue game without it. Please advise. Am I to start game all over again?

All fixed. I started again as new player and it all worked out. Great game!

Edited on 10/23/2011 at 3:13:40 PM PST

Nissiah
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Nissiah on Oct 23, 11 2:21 PM
snake lock puzzle does not work - SG advice does not help

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Oct 23, 11 2:45 PM
I noticed that the cursor started to lag about a half hour into the demo.

When I closed out of the game I got an Access Violation alert.

This is on Vista HP SP2.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Oct 23, 11 3:41 PM
Bpup wrote:I noticed that the cursor started to lag about a half hour into the demo.

When I closed out of the game I got an Access Violation alert.

This is on Vista HP SP2.

Me too, but I got a black screen first, then after hitting ctr / alt / del I got my screen back & an access violation alert notification - I am running Win 7

Uninstalled the trial, I have up to date video drivers & direct X so not interested in games that conflict with my system.

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by kardow2 on Oct 23, 11 4:22 PM
spiritc wrote:Everything was great until I had to wxit game to purchase. When I resumed the top to the jewelry box which had been in my inventory had dissappeared. Cannot continue game without it. Please advise. Am I to start game all over again?

All fixed. I started again as new player and it all worked out. Great game!

tinygranny
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tinygranny on Oct 23, 11 6:41 PM
I am also having trouble with this game freezing up and the screen going black when I enter another room. It didn't do that until I bought it. I uninstalled, reinstalled and started again under another name. I went a little further that time, but it still ended up freezing up.

I just wanted to note that I had my video card checked and it's up to date, as well as all of my other drivers.

Edited on 10/23/2011 at 9:30:58 PM PST

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 24, 11 12:38 AM
Same problems as other players .. getting black screen when changing scenes. I have to hit escape key then hit play and the new screen loads..it is rather tedius playing this way; however, since my demo played perfect (and I had read the technical problems about demo) I purchased. Now I am having the same problem as the people had with the demo???? Can't even rely on the demo any more to be able to determine if a game will play. This is the second time this has happened recently with the demo working great and the game a flop. My computer is completely updated and I run Windows XP.

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 24, 11 1:28 AM
Hi everyone,

Fishies having a laggy cursor might want to try unchecking the Custom Cursor option, in the Options of the game. If this is not helping, sometimes checking for an update for your system can help, here is a help page article with those steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're still unable to play the game, please get in touch with Tech Support for the best assistance. To do this, go ahead and click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgKenai

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 24, 11 6:34 AM
bfgKenai
thank you for quick responses; however, it is getting really tiresome buying CE's, which I always buy, and having to keep sending problems to Tech Support. In the last month I have had to send 4 due to problems. I have the settings and updates Tech Support said I needed to do but it is now never ending. I don't have an old computer and I run XP. It seems funny that only the CE's give me headaches....99.9% of the $6.99 games don't. So thanks anyway for suggestions again. I am seriously thinking about not buying the CE's anymore and that is sad for me since I buy them all due to the perks. However, due to the overall problems in the last month with the demos working great, then paying for the games, and then there are the glitches and recently on a game not being able to play the bonus section, it may be I save my money and stop having to get credits back on games that don't work or I cannot finish. Enough said.

Bara1948
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bara1948 on Oct 24, 11 7:13 AM
Yet again, to paraphrase Ollie, yet ANOTHER fine game I can't play since it's impossible to sign in, Stanley. Something needs to be done as this is happening all too frequently whenever I try to play the demo of a new game. I have Windows 7 on a 64-bit computer. This really shouldn't be happening.

seraph909
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by seraph909 on Oct 24, 11 8:51 AM
Giving up on Demo: Lagging from one place to another; mouse stops working and page freezes, have to alt/cntl/dlt to get out. Looks like it would be a good game but you should have tested more first before you put it out there. I don't have trouble with other BF games so it is this game and NOT my computer.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Oct 24, 11 1:25 PM
I was looking forward to playing this demo, but it says my trial has expired! I believe this is a brand new offering, so I don't understand why it thinks I've played it. Anybody else with this issue?

[Post New]by secogeor on Oct 24, 11 3:07 PM
I like the game but the custom cursor doesn't work.

[Post New]by Go_Saints on Oct 24, 11 3:22 PM
I, too, could not play the demo. The demo installed, then said that it was expired. I never even got to the opening credits.

Would like to give the game a shot, although I have become picky recently on CE games, for many of the reasons listed on this tech board as well as others.

The stories seem to be getting better, but the tech issues are getting sloppy.

Quality control needs a reboot.

[Post New]by iampeacewalker on Oct 24, 11 6:59 PM
My cursor didnt lag it stuck only to see default cursor and it was intermittent
game froze on 3 times lost the cursor 3 times
In my day 3 times you are out so no go on this game.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 24, 11 7:10 PM
I played through the game and part of the bonus game (won't let me pick up a rune with the flashlight no matter what I do in witches cave) so probably can't finish another CE. I stated my issues with this game to tech support today about the black screen...never had that before playing CE's...it really turned out to be a lengthy game for me since about every 2 moves or many times every time I changed rooms or locations I got to hit escape, exit and play to be able to continue THIS CE. I have bought over 670 games since 2008 and every CE. Within the last 1 1/2 months I have had more than my share of different problems. As I state each time my computer is updated and I run XP. I do not have problems with any new large file games I download from other sites or CD's. I believe I am going to be an ex-CE buyer since your demos work great for me...then I buy it and nothing but headaches. We should be able to test the game with the demo so you know it is going to play well and customers don't have to ask again for their money back. That is a real drawback for me since I love and play mostly adventure large file games. BF keeps saying check your computer for this...tweak that...must be your components (how about BF QC before issuing?) There is getting to be too many glitch nightmares. I like to play not trouble shoot big fish game/quality control problems. I understand some computers are older etc..not my case..the glitches in the games are not created by us.

Go to: