Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Reviews for Family Vacation California

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Oct 26, 11 10:33 PM
Has the same problem that most HOGs have. It's boring.

The good part is that there's no secret of the living dead fortune teller that came through a time portal from the past to discover.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Oct 29, 11 1:27 PM
I live in california so I was kind of excited to see where this game went. Boy was I disappointed. It is a traditional hidden object game with a few puzzles thrown in within the hidden object scenes but thats not my disappointment. It starts off in a house and then after 50 minutes of playing it, I am in california but so far there are no scenes that would even point you to being in CA. Instead you are playing H0G scene after scene after scene in the pool at the hotel, the dressing room at the hotel, in the airport. I don't know what this game brings past the hour but it would be nice if they went to scenery in California or hotspots or landscapes like I was hoping the golden gate bridge would be part of this game or san francisco (obviously I live near there) but it seems its just a game that has California's namesake but doesn't show California from what Ive seen here. Thats why I was disappointed. But I didn't buy it so maybe later on you are in landmarks? Even then though, I cant say I would buy it because the only reason I kept playing it was to see my beautiful California represented and it just wasn't to the degree I felt it should be. Happy Gaming

Edited on 10/29/2011 at 1:28:30 PM PST

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Oct 29, 11 2:24 PM
She wanted to walk on the beach - so she took her ice skates! LOL!

[Post New]by geolindy on Nov 1, 11 5:11 PM
It stunk for the $ don't bother

Kamp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Kamp on Nov 8, 11 3:53 AM
For the ones that have a black border showing up it must be your computer or your settings or something because I haven't had a problem at all with the graphics or anything when playing this game so, its NOT the game. So developers do not fear, you have nothing to fix on your end, its the players computers thats the problem. It works just fine...theres not even a problem with the cursor. That works fine also...to read some of the posts on this forum...you would think kids are the ones really playing this game & responding to the forum. Come on now...we are suppose to be adults...give good feed back & most that I've read haven't been good feed back concerning the true nature of this game.

Edited on 11/08/2011 at 3:57:26 AM PST

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Nov 9, 11 12:53 PM
cute
nice graphics
love the cartoon look
maybe later

[Post New]by kdecd_1 on Nov 23, 11 12:45 PM
Fun game but extremely slow with jerky cursor. Not worth dealing with the technical issues.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Nov 23, 11 4:20 PM
I did not think this game is very good. I can tell it is made by people who usually make Time Management games.

The graphics are not too bad, the gameplay is average.

No buy for me.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Nov 23, 11 4:22 PM
QuietLurker wrote:She wanted to walk on the beach - so she took her ice skates! LOL!

Haha funny!!

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Sep 7, 12 1:18 PM
This game is fun and colourful. There's quite a variety of games in between the HOGs. The cartoony characters are OK if you don't try and take them seriously.
The game would be fun to play with children or if you want cheering up on a rainy day, but is not for serious gamers

I've done the demo and got quite a long way it seems.......
not sure how long it is as there's no walkthrough.

I actually think it is more fun than Vacation Quest Hawaii, as it is more interactive and has more of a story
but VQ Hawaii is probably more sophisticated, with more difficult HOG scenes.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Sep 7, 12 1:43 PM
I liked both of the Family Vacation games as simple, straight HOGs to play in between the harder HOPAs. These seemed more relaxing (to me) than the Amazing Adventure games (which I do like and play).

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 21, 13 8:03 AM
Review based upon completion of the game.

This is your very basic HOG. A family of 4 wins a trip to California so mother Barb can go on The Price is Nice. On the way you will find lots of hidden objects, solve some puzzles and click away dialogs.

The Good:

+ colorful and bright
+ for the whole family
+ some interaction in HO scenes (one additional hidden area, some FRO pieces)

The Neutral:

o they could have shown more famous sites instead of a nameless baseball stadium, beach or movie park

The Bad:

- in general much too easy for the experienced player

Bottom Line: This is a great game for either people getting to know the HOG genre or for (grand)parents sitting down with their kids in front of the PC to play a suitable-for-all-ages game. For the experienced player this game might be a tad boring.

Go to: