leftjersey
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Reviews for Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens

[Post New]by leftjersey on Oct 30, 11 3:54 PM
I have been a very long time member and have never written a review before now. THIS GAME IS THE BEST!! Sooo entertaining. Worth every dollar. Keep more of these quality games coming pleeeze!!!!!!!

TDG_
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by TDG_ on Nov 4, 11 4:57 AM
I was playing HOH2 the other day & wishing it was new so I could experience it all over again & Lo & Behold! No. 3 came out. To me it is the best Match 3 game there is...You get a break with the HOG scenes & Jigsaw puzzles & like it was mentioned earlier, I was missing the puzzle M3 scenes but these are there in the 'bonus' rounds.

I had no trouble with downloads & I have to download from the other side of the globe so it must have been traffic & not a technical glitch.

Definitely a MUST BUY & one of those you'll go back to again & again

Edited on 11/04/2011 at 5:00:17 AM PST

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Nov 4, 11 9:43 AM
I bought this without even trying the demo. I loved HOH 1 and 2 (bought from a different site because they offered 1 and 2 as a "double pack" and I got it during a sale). HOH 3 is not much different from the first two. I found that as I got further and further into the game, it became much more challenging. I played without the timer but on replay, I may opt into that. You can always opt out again later if they become too difficult. Finished the game without any difficulty and it was cool to be able to build a city. Some HOG included with the game too. Fun. I like "string" M3s best and this is just the game for that. The two Elements games are like that too. More of a challenge than a straight M3. Definite buy!

Imp22
Shark
Shark
10,254 Posts

[Post New]by Imp22 on Nov 8, 11 4:23 PM
Since Hondo locked what I had to say...
I'll post it as MY review of this game here...

Too Buggy to buy!!!!!

[Post New]by Imp22 on Nov 8, 11 2:48 PM
I rarely have issues with games... HOWEVER....

Having solved one technical issue... Thank YOU CstDenis!
I was able to play for awhile and then got ANOTHER <different> access violation.
Then game frozen and then the violation came up.

I LOVE this series...
but if they don't put out a patch to fix this game... PDQ...
I won't buy another!
Save yourself some grief and wait for a patch.

Rosa96
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rosa96 on Nov 11, 11 3:59 PM
I loved Heroes of Hellas 3. This is the best one so far I think! Awesome game! It lasts a long time too. Well worth the purchase! Thank you Big Fish!

Terrenis
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Terrenis on Nov 12, 11 3:50 AM
What can I say? This game is one of my favourites and always will be.

threeds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by threeds on Nov 12, 11 7:21 PM
I love this one too.. am just through for the first time and in the bonus section.. I look forward to going through again.. a wonderfully long game with strategy needed

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 12, 11 8:48 PM

I enjoyed the 2nd game in this series and this 3rd one is even better!

It took some of the great town and character interactive features from Dragon Empire and, even though those were done better in Dragon Empire, here the game play is better.

muonquark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by muonquark on Nov 18, 11 9:52 AM
I totally love this game. The combination of city management, hidden objects, and match 3 make it a really enjoyable game. I just might have to get #2 if it's anything like #3. Very well done game.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Nov 19, 11 9:52 AM
Great game, awesome graphics, tons of replay-value...I read a Review on Gamezebo that Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens was a mediocre game with no replay-value. Obviously, the 'reviewer' had absolutely no idea what they were talking about. Purchased with a PunchCard Credit to discover a true Match-3 jewel that will be a personal tragedy if missed!!

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Nov 19, 11 9:58 AM

Rebeca_Lily wrote:I prefer Match-3 than chains match, but I like to rebuild locations... - seems that I can compromise with the first in order to achieve the second.

Wonderful graphic, preferable Relaxed Mode. It's a buy...

Thanks Developers, thanks BF!

Love your expressionism, Rebeca_Lily

[Post New]by gurule191 on Jan 5, 12 3:38 PM
never could find an award for "treasures in the cities" how to do it?

[Post New]by Sushtina on Jan 7, 12 1:30 PM
Just want to know when Heroes of Hellas 4 will be out!

Foaming at the mouth! Love all three games of this series.

Very unique and different from all the same, boring (yawn) swapping M3 games.

Incredible and graphically beautiful games!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jan 18, 12 6:56 AM
gurule191 wrote:never could find an award for "treasures in the cities" how to do it?

check out the discussion on the awards in the main forum.
Basically for this one, there are treasures scattered around the city (jems and chests) at times. Pick them up when you see them.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Feb 26, 12 11:16 AM
As a match 3 it's really one of those drag and click matches. You can of course get long loops that way and the graphics are good. The story line is fine. the hidden objects and puzzles are challenge but the real thing is the Match 3 and that's just ok there really isn't any challenge at least in the 45 minutes I play. So sorry, no buy for me.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Mar 13, 12 6:30 PM
I purchased Deep blue Sea and loved so invested in other match 3 games. I abolutely hate games that give the hint and one can click until one is blind and not hit the spot. THAT is what happens in this game. The hint goes to the head of the Octopus. I've covered the head, around the head and extended the circle with clicks and can't find one frigging thing.
I HATE GAMES LIKE THIS. I will never purchased from this game maker again. Would love to have more like Deep Blue Sea.

[Post New]by acescout on Apr 17, 12 7:13 AM
Rebuild Athens from the ashes of its destruction in Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens! Secure the help of the Heroes of Olympus as you battle an evil god in this incredible Match 3 game. Gather gold, meet the needs of a ravaged population, and search for legendary lockets that will allow you to summon the gods and appeal to them for help. Dive into this epic story and save the day in Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens!
Recruit powerful gods
Defeat an evil being
Rebuild Athens!VIEW HEROESOFHELLAS2.TK

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Sep 22, 12 5:24 PM
I loved this game and hope for another maybe heroes 4? so fun to play. wish we could find more jewels and maybe side games to inprove scores? Love this game! more please. KD

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Feb 12, 13 6:38 PM
I seemed to have missed out on something here!

Almost didn't try this because I had in my mind that I didn't like the first one.

I really like this game!

Almost gave up on it in the first few minutes.

Had a real bad lag. But that seemed to clear up on its own.

I really like all the fun stuff going on.

Never gonna get bored with this one!

This is a for sure buy!

Now I am off to check out 1 & 2!

Angel

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Feb 21, 13 9:32 PM
I just finished this game, and it was one of the best match three I ever played. I have not played the first two as of yet. You do not have to play them before hand. There is a relaxed mode which is one of the reasons why I bought it. I play games at my leisure. I do not want to feel rushed, specially when I play listening to music or the shows I watch. Well done graphics, and lots of levels. Very fun!

Go to: