SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

Re:Reviews for Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Oct 27, 11 4:42 AM
Game downloaded fine for me. Give it another shot!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 27, 11 4:43 AM
I like the story and some of the animations are very cool. The overall graphics are o.k. No voiceover is not worth CE prices to me. When paying CE prices you must have voiceovers. IMO I am intrigue to find out what happens with the story, but I'll wait for the SE version. This game is worth a try for sure. I didn't have any download problems or tech problems. This will be a buy for me with a punch card or DD/COTW. It is an o.k. game.

I rate this game: "PIGLET"

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by gameplayer300 on Oct 27, 11 4:48 AM
ANOTHER CE!!

Nypthes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Nypthes on Oct 27, 11 5:44 AM
Good graphics, some quite startling. No options for difficulty and a lot of sparkles that I could do without. It does fill my wide screen which is a plus. I agree there should be voice overs and options for difficulty in a CE.Seems you have to leave the game to get to the strategy guide.

Worth a try for the graphics alone though.

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 6:02:12 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 27, 11 6:12 AM
Sorry but today, looking at these "comments" in a "review" thread proves my point. Since May you have shut down some interesting threads in games forums, correctly headed by your customers, (if I may say so) i.e. Chat Rants and other Chaos, "Finished", etc.
The DL time for many of the forum poster's today has been phenomenal! You have the best and easiest forum to navigate, why make things harders by trying to tidy up after us "kids"?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 27, 11 6:18 AM
peglegann wrote:Sorry but today, looking at these "comments" in a "review" thread proves my point. Since May you have shut down some interesting threads in games forums, correctly headed by your customers, (if I may say so) i.e. Chat Rants and other Chaos, "Finished", etc.
The DL time for many of the forum poster's today has been phenomenal! You have the best and easiest forum to navigate, why make things harders by trying to tidy up after us "kids"?

and wow...really...locking a thread for reviews, started because we can only post in certain areas..and brat was trying to do bfg a solid...

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 27, 11 6:37 AM
Hi bfgrhona,
How can we write reviews when we can't D/L the game?
I'd love to be posting a review...but once again, 8 hrs later still no trial :-(

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Oct 27, 11 6:59 AM
tatsu1952 wrote:At the risk of being lynched, I have to say I had no problem d/ling the game I've played the full demo and here's a few of my thoughts:
1. starts off with a car crash - how terribly original
2. lots of running around
3. my inventory is full of stuff I can't use (and I'm playing it as per the guide)
4. no voice overs - surely this is a must for CEs?
5. (possible spoiler) there are spiders and rats that pop out at you in a BIG way. Gave me a fright and I'm not scared of them.

6. HOG scenes are a bit dark but not all that 'junk pile' IMO
7. no option for difficulty which may annoy some

Honestly, ever since The Maze came out - and was over 900mb - I've been very disallusioned (sp?) by CEs. In fact, I haven't bought one since.

As for this game - it just didn't grab me. IMO, just 'same old, same old'. Others will disagree and I look forward to their reviews

No,I totally agree with you. I loved the maze and it wasn't even a CE...but I bought the last "drawn" and even if the game is on the short side, it is so beautiful, that I could play it a lot of times without being bored...so, sometimes a good game... but not as often as I would like !!!

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 7:00:54 AM PST

allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by allielubaka on Oct 27, 11 7:15 AM
The game downloaded asap...interesting so far, as one watches the tail of a 'dragon'(?) disappearing. HOGs are hard for my 'ol eyes to find - needed to put on an extra pair of glasses (now know as "four eyes"). Used "hints" alot to find the stuff...a dark gray feather on a darker gray background, etc. Music is 'draggy' and repetitious. I was rather excited about getting into the game as I have lived in New Mexico (and Arizona) - like the feel of change of venue. So, I'm still debating...is it worth it? Or wait to see if a SE comes out. I think it could be a little more 'exciting' - Keep smiling

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 27, 11 7:20 AM
The game downloaded perfect for me. The thing is, it's FULL of hidden object scenes and the objects are hard to find. I'm not that interested in this game so I won't be buying it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 27, 11 7:23 AM
Well I expected to have problems, but everything is running smoothly so far. Download took about 10 minutes.

I really like this game. Nice graphics, maybe just a tad grainy. Several good "startle" moments that had me jump in my seat. The hint button refills quickly. The inventory bar disappears when not using. The hog scenes are not cluttered and the objects are clear. It allows you to click many times before giving a click penalty, and its very brief. You combine things in inventory to get a tool. There are 4 chapters plus bonus and you have the full SG in the demo. The only thing is you have to go to menu to access SG. When looking through the strategy guide it appears to be of good length and has a sufficient amount of puzzles. This game to me appears to be worthy of the CE price. I haven't experienced any glitches what so ever (so far). In fact it runs flawlessly smooth.
Its a definite buy for me.

I'm sorry for all who are experiencing problems.

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 8:07:39 AM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Oct 27, 11 7:26 AM
I did the beta for this game and my reactions were:

Too much hand holding! Sheesh! I really DO know that the "eye" icon means "look" and the "hand" icon means "pick up".

Sparkles sparkles everywhere...even when you don't want them. Even after you've clicked on an "information" sparkle, the sparkles still remain.

Don't know if they've fixed it, but the dialogue (written) went by WAY too fast! I'm a VERY fast reader and I had to click on objects 2 or 3 times to read the whole thing.

Objects were fairly easy to find, hints seem to reload at around 30 seconds.

I'm not a big IH0G/Adventure player but I do like the occasional one. I wouldn't take this one if they gave it to me for free! And at a CE price? What were they thinking?

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 8:31:17 AM PST

mercyone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mercyone on Oct 27, 11 8:00 AM
I thought it was just my computer, I was about to call my internet provider and give them a piece of mind because I'm suppose to have high speed internet. I started dl at 8:00 a.m. and it finally finished at 10:54 a.m., but the game is good at least the beta was although it didn't take long at all to dl the demo.

Mercyone

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Oct 27, 11 8:01 AM
I think I'll wait for the SE. It just doesn't warrant CE price. Plus I'm getting tired of all these CE games being offered. It used to be that if a game was offered as a CE there was something special that made it worth twice the price, but this has not been the case recently.

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 8:02:36 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 27, 11 8:10 AM
mhatfie wrote:Well I expected to have problems, but everything is running smoothly so far. Download took about 10 minutes.

I really like this game. Nice graphics, maybe just a tad grainy. Several good "startle" moments that had me jump in my seat. The hint button refills quickly. The inventory bar disappears when not using. The hog scenes are not cluttered and the objects are clear. It allows you to click many times before giving a click penalty, and its very brief. You combine things in inventory to get a tool. There are 4 chapters plus bonus and you have the full SG in the demo. The only thing is you have to go to menu to access SG. When looking through the strategy guide it appears to be of good length and has a sufficient amount of puzzles. This game to me appears to be worthy of the CE price. I haven't experienced any glitches what so ever (so far). In fact it runs flawlessly smooth.

Thank you, nice review.
Plus other people that have managed to DL. Thank you as well. I look forward to trying it tomorrow, my time.

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Oct 27, 11 8:45 AM
Got tired of waiting for the download to finish so removed it and said the heck with it......grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Oct 27, 11 8:47 AM
nice game, storyline ok, a lot to do in several chapters, a way too short, not worth bringing this one as a CE. I hope the next CE will be much better.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Oct 27, 11 9:10 AM
bella81762 wrote:
peglegann wrote:Sorry but today, looking at these "comments" in a "review" thread proves my point. Since May you have shut down some interesting threads in games forums, correctly headed by your customers, (if I may say so) i.e. Chat Rants and other Chaos, "Finished", etc.

and wow...really...locking a thread for reviews, started because we can only post in certain areas..and brat was trying to do bfg a solid...

THANK YOU!!!! So totally agree. I used to always post reviews but now... it just makes me too upset to see all the "cleaning up" aka" "insulting your customers" that is done.

For those having trouble downloading... have you contacted big fish to get the rolled back GM? Ever since I did that I've had no problems. This game downloaded in under a minute (seriously). And I'm not saying that as a "na na lookie how fast it was for me" but rather just trying to offer a suggestion that worked for me.

Ok review part... it's an ok game. I like the story so far... reminds me of a cross between Lost in the City and Green Hills Sanitarium. If it's not the same devs then they've definatly played other games to get ideas. This game is really really EASY so no need for the SG although they do allow you to access it in the demo. It's 4 chapters and a bonus.

The extras aren't visible til you complete the game per a note that pops up when you click "extras" so that makes this a NO BUY for me until it's an SE. I don't know why they do that... I want to use the wallpaper while I'm playing the game. After I'm done I don't care anymore. So that means those "extras" are worthless to me. I wish devs would pay attention and note that.

There's also no voice acting which really should be standard in CE's these days. There's a tutorial offered but no choice of beginner/advanced so you're stuck with sparkles which will probably turn off a lot of people. It did fill my widescreen with no adjustment needed on my part. Anyway... I'll probably pick this up with a coupon as an SE but it's not worth the CE price to me unless they unlock the extras and add an expert player option.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 27, 11 9:13 AM
peglegann wrote:
mhatfie wrote:Well I expected to have problems, but everything is running smoothly so far. Download took about 10 minutes.

Thank you, nice review.
Plus other people that have managed to DL. Thank you as well. I look forward to trying it tomorrow, my time.

Thanks Ann. I usually leave the reviews to the pros, but since there weren't too many around due to having problems downloading I thought I would give it a shot. Still waiting to see what the "experts" think.

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Oct 27, 11 9:47 AM
Hi everyone
Always love reading your comments and often don't even try a game until I view the forum. I did this again with today's CE and all I got was the problem with downloading this game. Not sure what country you are all in but I have never ever had a problem including this one and it downloaded in under 10 minutes.

Therefore, those who think it is a BFG problem I would beg to differ as I never have a problem and I have been dowloading for over 4 years now! Perhaps Australia has first class cabling and connection and that is why I love living here, yayyy!

Come visit the best country in the world! Wide open spaces, beaches a few minutes away with blue water and white sand and here in Western Australia, takes a week of driving to get to the top!

Okay, okay, nothing to do with the game but am hoping it will be worth an SE price, not sure as I gave up reading all your comments about downloading.

Happy Halloween, we are just starting to experience this in Australia being an American tradition but good fun!!

Mazzz

Go to: