bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 30, 11 4:06 PM
Just finished the SE. What a treat and very long...was almost getting to the point I wanted it to end! As with the others in this series, you need to remember everything and where it goes...a lot of fun. Won't be sorry for this purchase.

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Oct 30, 11 4:49 PM
This game was awesome. All of the Echoes of the Past are high quality with stunning graphics and challenging puzzles. The stained glass creation was something I'd never seen before. The voices, music and backgrounds were beautiful and I can't find anything I'd change. Kudos to the developers!

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Oct 30, 11 4:50 PM
This game was awesome. All of the Echoes of the Past are high quality with stunning graphics and challenging puzzles. The stained glass creation was something I'd never seen before. The voices, music and backgrounds were beautiful and I can't find anything I'd change. Thanks to the developers for hours of fun!

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Oct 30, 11 7:31 PM
This by far is the best of the 3. The graphics - outstanding; the voiceovers - excellent; the storyline - incredible and I loved to play this game so much I played it twice!
Awesome awesome game!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Oct 31, 11 4:19 PM
Agree with all the praise. This is a fabulous game, best in the series so far. Hope this series runs and runs for a very long time.

These Devs really have got it - PERFECT.

Don't mind if they're a little lighter on the puzzles next time although I compliment them on the variety and levels of easiness and difficulty.

gameswolf
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gameswolf on Nov 1, 11 7:53 AM
Love this game. So far one my favourites. Good story, clear graphics and interesting minigames. A question. How does CE differ from SE?

[Post New]by Georgieflip on Nov 1, 11 8:17 AM
Outstanding game, one of the best I have played recently. This game has some fun and original puzzles.

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Nov 1, 11 8:34 AM
All I can say is....WOW!!!!

Excellent graphics, challenging, but interesting puzzles, not too many HOS's. I had to drag myself away from this one and couldn't wait to get back to it. It took me a few days because I like to relish the gameplay. The only thing I found annoying was the way I had to jump back and forth between this time and that time. I realize that added to the gameplay so that it was not too linear, but annoying none the less. Actually, I suppose that extended the gameplay because you had to really figure out where you needed to use an acquired object. Just a pet peeve with me. I don't even mind missing the bonus content because this one holds up as an SE all by itself!!! Could play this one more than once. LOVED IT!!!!

Anyone considering purchasing this game WILL NOT be disappointed. Oil up the old gray matter and Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Kudos to the developers for a superb sequel. I look forward to the next in line.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Nov 1, 11 5:57 PM
I have been waiting for this game to be released as a SE. I have two other Echoes of the Past and have not been disappointed. I played the demo and buying this now. Bonus is I can start a new month with a winner.

[Post New]by Presiosamayra on Nov 1, 11 6:19 PM
i sm bought the game and its fun i only got it for 2.99, i just go and come from rooms to rooms and im stuck lol hopefully i will get out...but i have enjoy that so far to play it.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Nov 2, 11 8:40 AM
Just this minute finished playing - what a great game Snapped up in the SPOOKY sale as well.

Good length (I would estimate about 4 hrs), great puzzles, good graphics, liked the music. I would say it is quite a convoluted game - there are a lot of areas to explore and just when you think you're done, you find another key or whatever and off you go somewhere new! It was really well done, and kept me interested the whole way through. Not all games do that!

Hint button ok... would have preferred to be directed out of scenes towards the action rather than be told "There's nothing to do here, try exploring somewhere else", but that's just a personal preference. Skippable puzzles and the skip button charges quite quickly, which is a must for me. I know within seconds whether I am going to skip a puzzle or give it a go. All in all, a superb game and well worth a go, especially on a dark overcast afternoon like today - it's dark at 3.40pm!!!

Definitely a 4.5/5 for me

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Nov 2, 11 12:47 PM
I found the transition scenes when you move between time periods to be so dizzy that they made me ill if I didn't look away or close my eyes, but I'm sure most people enjoyed the drama.

I wasn't pleased with cursor response. For example (not a spoiler) at one point you do something which causes a snake to move. Then you can pick up the item that was under the snake. However, if your cursor gets over the item before the snake stops moving, it never changes to a hand and you can't pick up the item. You have to wait until all the action stops, move your cursor away from what you want to do, and then move it back. This didn't occur just on the snake; it always occurred throughout the game.

But both these things are minor quibbles. Overall, it was a great game. Not a good game, a great one. I'd nominate it for game of the year. It started easy and linear, then quickly branched out into increasing complexity. The art, the voice acting, the balance of adventure, hidden objects, and mini-games - all were just right. I never had to sit and wait for the hint or skip buttons to recharge. It was a joy.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Nov 2, 11 2:01 PM
I am not going to write a lengthy review as enough has been said already. All i can say is AMAZING! LOVED IT! WELL DONE!

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Nov 4, 11 7:10 PM
I absolutely LOVE this game! It's now one of my absolute favorites… right up there with Dire Grove & RTR. The graphics are awesome, the music is great, voiceovers are well done, there are lots & lots of puzzles that range from easy to very hard. I really like the interactive **** scenes along with the fact that some of the **** scenes were "put backs" where you put the objects back into the scene. The game is very long (for me, at least); it took at least 10 hours for me to finish.

There was, however, a small glitch in the Mac version with one of the puzzles. This is the first glitch or technical issue I've ever had with any of the Mac games - ever. The game where you have to paint the stained glass windows would be missing a paint roll when it's not supposed to. I would exit the puzzle, then exit the entire room, go back and it would be there.

This glitch was very minor and did not affect game play, so I give this game 11 stars out of 10!!! The eleventh star is because it was spooky weekend and was $4.99!

Thanks BFG for an awesome deal and equally awesome game!

pkrh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pkrh on Nov 4, 11 8:15 PM
Played in advanced mode and really enjoyed it. Mostly I do the easy level. The puzzles in this took me some time to figure out what was needed. New stuff for me to do in this game - kept my interest. Graphics good. I will play this again in the future.

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Nov 5, 11 2:12 PM
I don't do reviews much but had to just say how much I loved this game. Some of the puzzles were a little beyond me but I loved working on them anyway. As I played, I realized that certain areas eventually closed up so that helped with cutting down on the possible places to look for things since of course, I missed things at time. But I so liked this game that I kept my impatience reined in and just looked until I found what I needed. I'm so glad that I purchased this good and highly recommend it.

Homeimps
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Homeimps on Nov 6, 11 5:27 AM
This is the first in the series that I have played and I was impressed, especially by the variety of puzzles. I usually play more complex games like the Myst Series, Syberia, Scratches and the Jonathan Boakes games like Dark Fall: the Journal and Lights Out, so the simple HOG's are usually a bit boring for my taste, but this game kept me well amused until the last, very challenging, puzzle. I plan to try the first two and will hope for a fourth. Thanks to Big Fish for offering it for Halloween!

ysgol
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ysgol on Nov 6, 11 6:56 AM
this game is great played for days someone has posted it is hard for old people. how old do they mean ? i am 61 and didnt get lost and finished the game.

[Post New]by mouse721 on Nov 6, 11 1:47 PM
I just wanted to say that I just finished playing Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time and I enjoyed the game tremendously. Bravo to the creative geniuses involved with the production of this game. The story was great and the puzzles were challenging and you kept me hoping around to the point where I could not leave the game until I finished it. Can't wait for the next one!!!!

mlbmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by mlbmama on Nov 7, 11 7:04 PM
An awesome game! No complaints or criticisms....just appreciation and praise for a GREAT game! On a scale of 1-10....this is a 10! Thanks BFG!

Go to: