MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands technical issues here only

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 6, 11 3:09 PM
sheilaclown wrote:So the Bermuda Triangle strikes again ! The game seemed to download fine but after the options /play buttons I get a map, music and nothing else. I was looking forward to this game but not going to bother unless there are updates.

I thought the same thing until I noticed the word "Loading" and as you watch the word itself, you'll see that each letter will S-L-0-W-L-Y become red and then the game'll continue on.

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 6, 11 3:22 PM

Computer freezes whenever I hit Alt-tab and freezes about 60% of the time when I just hit my "windows" key; I am not the brainiest game player and MANY times, I need to look at the walkthrough and I don't want to have to restart my bloody computer everytime that I need to pause the game to look at the walkthrough.

This is very ridiculous, IMHO and I'm about ready to ask for my money back.

MEnr56

[Post New]by SueShade on Nov 9, 11 9:10 AM
With the dog and key issue, I didn't even need to give the dog the ball to get the key. The key was found elsewhere in the game (can't remember where now). In fact, when I ended the game, I still had the ball!

[Post New]by pussinboots64 on Nov 10, 11 7:08 AM
same problem with the key from thecritter,it disappeared

[Post New]by mariahsdrift on Nov 12, 11 9:24 AM
I have had the same problem as sheliaclown. I get to the map and that's it. I wait and wait and no, the letters are not turning red. I have unistalled and reinstalled but it still doesn't work. It does seem to run so slowly. I have also tried the CE but that did the same thing. This PC is updated but this game does not seem to work well on it. it looks like it might be fun but i can't get in. help!

Diving Suit

[Post New]by lapucci2001 on Nov 20, 11 6:20 AM
I managed to find all the parts for the diving suit. I put them all on except for the helmet. When I try to do that now, absolutely nothing happens. It's the last thing to do in that area (assemble diving suit), so I am stuck. Can someone help?

[Post New]by jannegirl on Nov 27, 11 4:29 PM
I'm stuck at the lock to get the diving helmet unlocked. I simply can't get the lock to turn. I've tried everything and I just can't get it to work!! I even know the code already!! Can someone PLEASE help me?!?! Jannegirl

[Post New]by gammavix10 on Dec 10, 11 10:36 PM
wow waited long enough for this game, bought it and now it freezes everytime i click on items .

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Dec 11, 11 4:15 AM
I played once and was constantly annoyed because you had to click so many times to find the right spot to do something. BTW, if SharonB hasn't gotten her chicken down yet, you have to use the scissors on the chicken's feet, not the string you want to cut. I decided to replay thinking it would be easier to find the hot spots since I know what I can and cannot do. But this time I simply cannot get the flashlight to open the plant. I've clicked at least a hundred times. I've rebooted, tried a new profile, everything I can think of. I thought the other people with this problem were just giving up too soon, but I give up. Disappearing desk keys, disappearing cabinet keys, plants that won't open, mini-games that don't work. These aren't user errors. This is a crappy game. It's been over a month since the collector's edition came out. Are there any plans to fix this piece of garbage or should I try to get my money back?

[Post New]by amethyst48 on Dec 11, 11 11:33 AM
Is there anyone able to get sound on this game on a computer running Windows 7 64 bit? I had the same problem with Escape from Ravenhearst demo. This is a very disturbing trend. Not sure why just a few games have sound issues, but I'm wondering if it's the lack of 64 bit drivers. Thanks.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 11, 11 1:39 PM
Hi gammavix10, please see our 'Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen' help article for some tips on how to solve these freezing issues that you're experiencing.

cbellcrm, you may also want to take a look at that article to see if there are any update to your graphics software. This might make the objects more 'clickable' for your system.

amethyst48, I'm not exactly sure what would be causing these issues with the sound, but I'm sure our folks in Tech Support could help you with this.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Dec 17, 11 12:54 AM
bfg Hondo's response implies that - the reason (1) clicking the flashlight on the plant doesn't work but moving the entire flashlight and its light off the plant and clicking on a tiny spot on the wall to the right lined up exactly with the seam of the plant does work and (2) clicking with the scissors anywhere on the string you want to cut doesn't work but clicking on the lower body of the chicken does work - is not the game but rather my system. I didn't believe him/her, but decided to give it a shot. I didn't want to falsely accuse the developers. Well, I'd like to report that after doing everything requested by customer support including downloading all kinds of software, running Dr. Felix reports, and even changing my DPI setting, the game still works exactly the same way. It isn't my system. It's poor game design. How about fixing the game so people can upload a correction instead of blaming it on the user?

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Dec 21, 11 3:01 AM
Has anyone managed to just click anywhere on the plant to open it? Has anyone managed to click on the string to cut down the chicken? If so, post here. I'd like to know because BFG insists that this as well as the desk key problem is because of the user systems and not the game. That means they are NOT going to fix it. To be quite frank, I don't believe them. If I'm wrong and it worked for anyone, let me know.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Dec 27, 11 5:55 AM
So this is a carbon copy of my rant in October... the game loads, music is nice, map appears and stays on-and-on until I C/A/D. I still have my PC XP and most games work well - not this one though. Oh well, back to the games that play well.
Happy New Year one and all.

[Post New]by Cremated on Jan 11, 12 12:46 AM
I'm on the forgotten city I got the key after trapping the monster I took it out to use it on the desk. Then I suddenly didn't have the key any more so I can't unlock the desk.
Think I have to start the game over to get the key again.

[Post New]by alpha49er on Jan 12, 12 7:56 PM
jannegirl wrote:I'm stuck at the lock to get the diving helmet unlocked. I simply can't get the lock to turn. I've tried everything and I just can't get it to work!! I even know the code already!! Can someone PLEASE help me?!?! Jannegirl

ME TOO!!!! ME TOO!!! Any help please?!?!?!

[Post New]by NKSOSA on Apr 22, 12 2:52 AM
is there a patch so i can get the drill to work to disable the sub?

[Post New]by colbycheese3 on Jun 20, 12 11:49 AM
I'm having trouble getting the knob to turn on the puzzle to get the diving helmet. The instructions do not tell you much to help. I have clicked and held down on every spot on the knob and tried to move it but nothing happens. Which one of the rings are you suposed to move and how. Anyone got any idea on how to get this thing to work. I'm stuck here until I can get the diving helmet. THIS SUCKS!!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 20, 12 12:48 PM
Hi colbycheese3,

I checked through some other threads in this game Forum and found a lot of advice in this one here (just click the blue text and you'll be taken right to that thread).

I hope that info helps you get the helmet too!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 06/20/2012 at 12:48:14 PM PST

reedsteve
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by reedsteve on Jul 1, 12 7:37 PM
I like playing this game, but technically it's driving me nuts. It randomly starts running so slow that I have to end play and then restart the game. Are there any patches for this game? What a disappointment!

Go to: