gingy47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by gingy47 on Oct 30, 11 2:38 PM
I too have a gold block without any symbol on it and nothing can break it....am stuck in this level, unable to move on

 

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by Earkid on Oct 30, 11 3:40 PM
Ok, I give up. I am also having the glitches listed here and just spent over an hour trying to resolve with the suggestions with no luck. I've tried selling back and re-buying the power ups, uninstalling/reinstalling, driver update etc.

- at end of level the continue button will freeze, ctrl+alt+del only way to resolve
- some power ups don't work, the lightning and pumpkin to be specific. I hover over the circles within the game and it says they are loading but they never load
- even if I haven't selected the ice pick it will randomly decide to break a brick I'm trying to match ruining by M3.

Fix the glitches or refund please.

 
GillyAlice
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by GillyAlice on Oct 30, 11 4:20 PM
What happens if your drivers are up to date, and the screen is still black?

 
jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 30, 11 6:21 PM

It started to get glitchy for me at the level after I bought the fence upgrade.

I would do matches and the game pieces failed to fall to fill in the vacant matched spaces. I replayed some of those levels and they played OK and then it would happen again: vacant spaces.


 
ShayB
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by ShayB on Oct 30, 11 7:44 PM
ladyofnight wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:
AliKat611 wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:This is a cute little match 3 game, but on one of the later levels, I have encountered a gold block that will not break, no matter what I do to it. There is nothing in it, and matching around it has no effect. The hammer, bombs, and bats will not remove it. Nothing is blocking it; it's just an empty gold block. I can't finish the level or move on because of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I am posting this here in case it is a glitch.

Circe


I just encountered this level too. The gold block even looks different than the others.


So mods, is this a glitch, and if so, will there be a fix for it? If not, there are a lot of people who will be wanting a refund once they realize that they cannot move forward and finish the game...


I agree! Fix or refund, please.


Times 5! Please

 
nehklh
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by nehklh on Oct 30, 11 9:02 PM
it was working fine for me too until i came across two wooden blocks at the top of the board and there is no way to break them i purchased the bats hammer and pumpkin but only the bats work and they do nothing for me its a shame cute game but i wasted money on this one

 

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bellaboo34 on Oct 31, 11 12:12 AM
ShayB wrote:
ladyofnight wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:
AliKat611 wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:This is a cute little match 3 game, but on one of the later levels, I have encountered a gold block that will not break, no matter what I do to it. There is nothing in it, and matching around it has no effect. The hammer, bombs, and bats will not remove it. Nothing is blocking it; it's just an empty gold block. I can't finish the level or move on because of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I am posting this here in case it is a glitch.

Circe


I just encountered this level too. The gold block even looks different than the others.


So mods, is this a glitch, and if so, will there be a fix for it? If not, there are a lot of people who will be wanting a refund once they realize that they cannot move forward and finish the game...


I agree! Fix or refund, please.


Times 5! Please


Same problem here too. Super fun but irritated now that I cannot progress. Please advise. Same gold tile at the top won't break and I have all of the powerups. Not sure what level it is but it's the board where you collect certain candies for the trick or treaters below. They pop up with a certain number of items needed. That is the board I am stuck at.

 
GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeeBee on Oct 31, 11 1:32 AM
Bellaboo34 wrote:
ShayB wrote:
ladyofnight wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:
AliKat611 wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:This is a cute little match 3 game, but on one of the later levels, I have encountered a gold block that will not break, no matter what I do to it. There is nothing in it, and matching around it has no effect. The hammer, bombs, and bats will not remove it. Nothing is blocking it; it's just an empty gold block. I can't finish the level or move on because of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I am posting this here in case it is a glitch.

Circe


I just encountered this level too. The gold block even looks different than the others.


So mods, is this a glitch, and if so, will there be a fix for it? If not, there are a lot of people who will be wanting a refund once they realize that they cannot move forward and finish the game...


I agree! Fix or refund, please.


Times 5! Please


Same problem here too. Super fun but irritated now that I cannot progress. Please advise. Same gold tile at the top won't break and I have all of the powerups. Not sure what level it is but it's the board where you collect certain candies for the trick or treaters below. They pop up with a certain number of items needed. That is the board I am stuck at.



I'm another one that is having this same problem. Please fix it for us!!! I want to play on, but right now I'm at a "stand-still" too.

 
Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dee_H on Oct 31, 11 5:50 AM
CirceMoon wrote:This is a cute little match 3 game, but on one of the later levels, I have encountered a gold block that will not break, no matter what I do to it. There is nothing in it, and matching around it has no effect. The hammer, bombs, and bats will not remove it. Nothing is blocking it; it's just an empty gold block. I can't finish the level or move on because of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I am posting this here in case it is a glitch.

Circe


Me too! The gold tile is upper right where there are three gold tiles *the level with the locked ghosts and the separate section of tiles that you need to clear. I purchased all of the powerups, even second and third of hammer, lightning, bombs and bats, but nothing will remove this tile. I have tried to play it several times now with different attempts to fill this tile, but no go. Everything else is cleared except that darn empty tile! I give up! Disappointing as this is a fun little game!

 
dgregory_58
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by dgregory_58 on Oct 31, 11 7:36 AM
OK tech support here we go. I have encountered something at the bottom of the playing field where the hammer and the bats are I guess these are powerups, anyway there is a green swirly line at the bottom goes all the way across the bottom of the field. 0000000000000 looks like circles but they are joined together.

 

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by mthrower on Oct 31, 11 8:38 AM
I am also having troblue with the phantom gold block and can not move forward. We need a fix here.

 
graciethecat
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by graciethecat on Oct 31, 11 10:32 AM
Darn that gold box!!! I wanted to buy the spooky tree. Iam having same problem, it had to be on a level with those trick or treaters.

 
graciethecat
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by graciethecat on Oct 31, 11 10:33 AM
Darn that gold box!!! I wanted to buy the spooky tree. Iam having same problem, it had to be on a level with those trick or treaters.

 
kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 31, 11 10:39 AM
This game has it's share of frustrations, doesn't it. But I am enjoying it when it does work properly!

I wish the levels were numbered so we could share problems levels accurately. It seems to work fine, then not, so I wonder if we're experiencing problems on the same level or if it happens randomly on different levels?

I just finished my Live Chat session. I requested that BFG contact the developer to get us a fix. I personally do not want a refund, or even a coupon if it means that's the end of the story -- I want to see a fix so we can all keep the game and enjoy it!

Please contact Live Chat or use the green envelope off to the right to let c/s know how many of us are having problems. Hopefully it will help motivate developers to get us that fix when they see how folks like the game and want to be able to finish it.


 

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by SobieKatz on Oct 31, 11 2:18 PM
ladyofnight wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:
AliKat611 wrote:
CirceMoon wrote:This is a cute little match 3 game, but on one of the later levels, I have encountered a gold block that will not break, no matter what I do to it. There is nothing in it, and matching around it has no effect. The hammer, bombs, and bats will not remove it. Nothing is blocking it; it's just an empty gold block. I can't finish the level or move on because of this. Has anyone else had this problem? I am posting this here in case it is a glitch.

Circe


I just encountered this level too. The gold block even looks different than the others.


So mods, is this a glitch, and if so, will there be a fix for it? If not, there are a lot of people who will be wanting a refund once they realize that they cannot move forward and finish the game...


I agree! Fix or refund, please.


Same - same. Fix or give me a refund!

 
MaryCQB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by MaryCQB on Oct 31, 11 2:21 PM
dgregory_58 wrote:OK tech support here we go. I have encountered something at the bottom of the playing field where the hammer and the bats are I guess these are powerups, anyway there is a green swirly line at the bottom goes all the way across the bottom of the field. 0000000000000 looks like circles but they are joined together.

 
MaryCQB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by MaryCQB on Oct 31, 11 2:24 PM
dgregory_58 wrote:OK tech support here we go. I have encountered something at the bottom of the playing field where the hammer and the bats are I guess these are powerups, anyway there is a green swirly line at the bottom goes all the way across the bottom of the field. 0000000000000 looks like circles but they are joined together.


That's exactly what I've encountered! Enjoyed the game so far, but I just guess when the hammer and bats are ready, because the circle doesn't show completely filled when ready to use . I a little slow though...

 

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by SobieKatz on Oct 31, 11 4:25 PM
dgregory_58 wrote:OK tech support here we go. I have encountered something at the bottom of the playing field where the hammer and the bats are I guess these are powerups, anyway there is a green swirly line at the bottom goes all the way across the bottom of the field. 0000000000000 looks like circles but they are joined together.


Same here and makes the powerups almost impossible to see.

 

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by MsFireDragon on Oct 31, 11 6:09 PM
Not sure WHAT is going on, but the game plays fine up until the level where there is a thin 'break wall' **2 actually** (not sure what the level actually is) & then as you match, the things stop dropping until there are HUGE gaps with no way to make a match. Seriously starting to regret the purchase of this particular game.

 

Re:Post any Tricks and Treats technical issues here only

[Post New]by Earkid on Oct 31, 11 6:58 PM
Just opened up my Game Manager and saw an update for this game. Haven't tried it yet but just wanted to let everyone know.

 
 
 
 
Go to: