mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Comments for Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mamajay on Oct 30, 11 5:13 AM
Sigh. I tried to like this game - I really did. But I only managed about 30 minutes and simply felt bored with the story and the hog scenes, etc.

The music and the graphics were fine, but it just didn't grab me enough. I agree that the green hint thing was strange, and I too had to click on it twice to seee where it was pointing. Then when I had to skip a mini game, the Skip took 2 minutes to load!

As someone else said, Dreamland did it much much better.

Jen

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 30, 11 5:37 AM
I don`t mind the sparkles - they are not at all bad.

The only issue I have with this game is the HINT button in the HOS (hidden object scenes). Quite often it doesn`t work properly, and instead of getting this green circle around the item you are looking for, there is just a nanosecond worth of a plink and then it`s gone, so you miss it and still haven`t got a clue where to look.

And from what I have read so far, I am not the only person that happened to.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 30, 11 5:41 AM
I liked this game because the graphics got better toward the end, and especially in the bonus chapter. Usually it's the opposite with recent games. I didn't realize this is the same company that did Dreamland.
2 for 2. They're doing a great job.

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 5:42:53 AM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 30, 11 6:37 AM
Beta'd this, Buying this!!!!!
If the game turns out at all like the beta it will be great.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 30, 11 7:03 AM
Well I have been up since just after 7.15am; so much for clocks going back and getting an extra hour of sleep! You're quite right of course, it is the demo and not a trial, so no gigantic download of the whole game! A relief for me as I am on a monthly d/l limit

Had to clip to fit it in the terriblly short space allowed for replys. I didn't hear anything about the clocks being set back and my computer still says the same time as my clocks. It usually keeps up with the time changes. Anyone else know about this? I'd hate to be late for everything, I meam later than usual!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Oct 30, 11 7:16 AM
cll1950 wrote:
Well I have been up since just after 7.15am; so much for clocks going back and getting an extra hour of sleep!

Had to clip to fit it in the terriblly short space allowed for replys. I didn't hear anything about the clocks being set back and my computer still says the same time as my clocks. It usually keeps up with the time changes. Anyone else know about this? I'd hate to be late for everything, I meam later than usual!

Not to worry. They changed the weekend for Daylight Savings Time in the US a couple of years ago. It is going to happen next weekend -- not this one.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Oct 30, 11 7:21 AM
Not a bad game ...but not a good one either !!! No buy here !! To many sparkles for my taste ...

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 30, 11 7:26 AM
Dumb game and in my opinion a cheap made game. It's like they copied the story from all the other games like it. It's a no buy here.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Oct 30, 11 7:58 AM
I think I like it enough to buy it. That being said there are a few things that I am not happy about:

Strategy guide that is not on the main screen but rather buried in the menu bar. Just a click away I know but still inconvenient. This seems to be a trend lately and I wish they would go back to putting it right on the main screen with the journal, inventory and hint button.

No map

Items to click on like photographs, newspaper clippings, etc. that don't go away after you clicked on them the first time. They have no real value to game play except for an "interesting" read. Even the ones with clues ( i.e. safe combinations) that are put in your journal are not needed anymore so please dispense with having to click on them again and again and again...

I am happy about a hint system that gives clues as to where to go next when you are stuck. HOWEVER, the green circle sparkle needs to be a bit more obvious, especially in the HOS scenes.

As far as telling how long a game is by chapters is a bit hard with this one, since you keep going back and forth to the same areas several times. Length is really subjective anyways. It depends on many factors. The number of chapters is no real indicator either. Many chapters could be a shorter playing time if there are only a couple of locations and only a few items in them. A few chapters (such as 3) could very well result in a very long playing time if there are many locations to go to and many items to find and use.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 30, 11 8:14 AM
Another CE and yesterday an SE? Why am I not surprised. It seems all we get now are CE's (which are hugely overrated) and SE's which you have to wait a month for. Honestly, this site is starting to be a big waste of time. I'd say it's a waste of money but I rarely buy anything anymore.

jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on Oct 30, 11 9:33 AM
I so wanted this to be a great game. The story started out great. But the game was too simplistic. They could have gone into so much more detail. The puzzles were too easy and it led you by the hand the whole way. I finished the first five chapters in 55 minutes. This would mean about a 2 1/2 hour game. I don't skip puzzles and I never had to use the hint button. Very disappointing. Alawar puts out great games, I think they rushed this one out in time for Halloween. Definately not a CE!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 30, 11 12:25 PM
Bartsister wrote:
cll1950 wrote:
Well I have been up since just after 7.15am; so much for clocks going back and getting an extra hour of sleep!

Not to worry. They changed the weekend for Daylight Savings Time in the US a couple of years ago. It is going to happen next weekend -- not this one.

Thanks, certainly won't forget this year.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 30, 11 12:30 PM
cottoncandy2 wrote:Another CE and yesterday an SE? Why am I not surprised. It seems all we get now are CE's (which are hugely overrated) and SE's which you have to wait a month for. Honestly, this site is starting to be a big waste of time. I'd say it's a waste of money but I rarely buy anything anymore.

I agree. I only spend cash on the monthly credit and DDs. Everything else I get with free punches. My expences for this site has gone down so much I was able to join another game club.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Oct 30, 11 12:36 PM
bradalex wrote:An OK game but not in my opinion worth the CE price, reasons being....
1 incredibly easy HOS. I don't like tiny obscure objects but these were jumping up at me shreaking "here I am"
2 Almost a no brainer as to what to do next,due to constant sparkles.
3 Music irritating after a while.
4 Started to get annoyed with the stupid clowns popping up and not doing anything
5 Does not have the " wow factor" I want in my CE's

Bradalex,

I agree with everything you said. To make the game more of a no buy for me is the fact that it did not seem to be going anywhere. I didn't feel as if I was achieving anything even though I was making progress.

The game would be excellent for a beginner, I believe it is too easy for me.
I give this game out of five. I don't think I'll buy this one even as a Daily Deal.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Oct 30, 11 2:35 PM
I am also very dissapointed and was really looking forward to a great Halloween treat. For beginners of this genre, this is ideal however for advance players such as myself, it is very easy and there is absolutely no WOW factor to this game. After one hour, I pretty much got bored and now wil go back to play Dreamland from the same devlopers. I really expect much more with a CE. I would prefer to pay extra for a choice of playing mode, voice overs, achievements ( I wish developers would consider achievements as they offer games a replay value), no sparkles, an integrated strategy guide, interactive HOS, more challenging puzzles and longer games. I loved Dreamland and there is no comparison whatsoever. I will wait for the SE to buy and save my pennies for Thursday. Happy Halloween everyone.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 30, 11 2:43 PM
Just finished 35 min. of demo and I do quite like it. Not as a CE as most say. But I won't even be buying it as a SE if they don't fix the hint button.

I tried holding the button down as suggested in another thread but that didn't work all the time. They didn't catch this in the beta?

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 30, 11 3:38 PM
I have a clown "thing" so that did put me off a bit...however, I gave it a try anyway. The graphics are nice, creepy-ish music; appropriate for the game. The H/O scenes are much too easy! I didn't need a hint, but tried the hint button several times anyway. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Good thing, maybe, that those H/O scenes are so easy. Seems like I might need several pairs of sneakers with all the back and forth, and I don't like the SG very much at all. So, I would probably get the SE with a coupon, but as a CE, I'm not interested at all.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Oct 30, 11 5:44 PM
where was the stragedy guide located????? I did so enjoy the game but all I saw was menu and the hint button or was it smacking me in the face. It's on my to buy list when I can, honestly have 12 there now so what is one more

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 30, 11 5:46 PM
Simba2009 wrote:where was the stragedy guide located????? I did so enjoy the game but all I saw was menu and the hint button or was it smacking me in the face. It's on my to buy list when I can, honestly have 12 there now so what is one more

You had to click "Menu" and then select "strategy guide." It's one of the things I did not like about the game in the CE.

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Oct 30, 11 6:15 PM
Coronagold wrote: I didn't realize this is the same company that did Dreamland.

Dreamland was developed by Nevosoft and Weird Park was developed by Diesel Puppet.
Alawar are like BFG in that they are providers of games as well as developing their own.
A big thumbs up to Diesel Puppet - this game is great! There are a few negatives, as pointed out in previous posts, but not enough to stop me from buying and really enjoying the game.

Go to: