peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Reveiws for Weird Park: Broken Tun Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 30, 11 6:33 AM
The hint is great if you want to see where to go next but you have to press it twice or more and you can re-use it immediately. You cannot reuse it immediately, if there is an area of interest where you are standing. I tried the hint in the H0 scenes and did not have any problems but you have to wait for it to recharge herealso. I know that some people are having problems with the hints, for some reason. Strange
Great graphics, clear H0 scenes and good story. At times, I have had many items in the inventory to use. So not as easy as it first looks! Well done Dev's.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 30, 11 7:08 AM
Well I have been up since just after 7.15am; so much for clocks going back and getting an extra hour of sleep! You're quite right of course, it is the demo and not a trial, so no gigantic download of the whole game! A relief for me as I am on a monthly d/l limit

Had to clip to fit it in the terriblly short space allowed for replys. I didn't hear anything about the clocks being set back and my computer still says the same time as my clocks. It usually keeps up with the time changes. Anyone else know about this? I'd hate to be late for everything, I meam later than usual!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 30, 11 7:20 AM
This is a good CE, but not a special one in my opinion. I don`t know, if I want to buy the CE or the SE instead. I will wait for more reviews and I am especially interested in the gamelength.

Edited on 10/30/2011 at 7:20:58 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 30, 11 7:22 AM
I didn't hear anything about the clocks being set back
That depends on where you are. UK / Europe today, US in a couple of weeks.

juleslorraine
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Oct 30, 11 7:56 AM
bratzgram wrote:I'm sorry. I may be in the minority on this one but I can't see why it's a CE.

It's extremely easy. At first I thought it was going to be great. They mix up the hidden object scenes with fragmented. Still far to easy. Never had to use the hint button.

Even the mini games were way to simple.

When you need and item to work with guess what? It's in the hidden object scene right next to you!! Who would have guessed?

I'm not saying this isn't a fun game to play. I may get it as a SE but I just don't think it's CE worthy. It feels a lot like Dreamland to me.

I also think it will be rather short. You can look ahead in the SG and there were 48 pages in the guide plus bonus play. I made about page 20 before time ran out and I play at a very relaxed pace.

I agree, while I somewhat enjoyed the demo, it's not up to CE standards and not worth the extra money. I'm a little bit surprised as I tend to like Alawar games and have in the past, bought them before trying the demo. I've since learned my lesson.

I might buy it when it comes out in SE but not sure, it goes by very fast and the **** scenes are fairly easy. Also puzzles are not difficult and inventory items are pretty predictable. *sigh* I really wanted a new game today.

Also I didn't have a problem with the hint system, it always showed up as a green, sparkly circle around the area where I should head to. Music was not that bothersome either but just ok.

For those that buy it, happy gaming!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 30, 11 8:10 AM
peglegann wrote:The hint is great if you want to see where to go next but you have to press it twice or more and you can re-use it immediately. You cannot reuse it immediately, if there is an area of interest where you are standing. I tried the hint in the H0 scenes and did not have any problems but you have to wait for it to recharge herealso. I know that some people are having problems with the hints, for some reason. Strange
Great graphics, clear H0 scenes and good story. At times, I have had many items in the inventory to use. So not as easy as it first looks! Well done Dev's.

Thats all I needed to know as I trust your judgement implicitly. This is a buy for me.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 30, 11 8:10 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
I didn't hear anything about the clocks being set back
That depends on where you are. UK / Europe today, US in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Mr_Russ. I'm in the US.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Oct 30, 11 8:36 AM
I enjoyed the trial. Lots of back and forth and like everyone else said , sparkles abound! Not sure how far I got, looking at strategy guide I was doing stuff ahead of time so maybe longer than it appears, IDK I like the scary clown stuff, kinda creepy. Hint system is strange sometimes you get a green circle and sometimes you get nothing You don't really need it though as its a pretty straightforward IHOG. Minis are easy. I would buy as a SE with a credit probably but will wait till someone has played the game through as to the length of game. Hour did fly by for me

JamieJBD
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by JamieJBD on Oct 30, 11 8:53 AM
I am pretty much agreeing with everyone's negatives about this game. I was a little disappointed because I thought it would be a lot better.
I don't think it's worth the CE either. What bugged me (like lots of people) was the monkey banging his drum for the hints. I sat there waiting and watching him. Nothing was happening. Yes. Eventually--but it was annoying.

JamieJBD
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by JamieJBD on Oct 30, 11 9:12 AM
Opps! Just went back to finish the trial..it's a music box thing the monkey has.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Oct 30, 11 10:54 AM
Hello again all.

Just a few things to add.

I have played this game for over 5 hours now since it was released, with breaks (life) etc & I am still not finished.

I admit to not being the fastest player but I do enjoy my games. I too got through the first 5 chapters in about an hour but there again it was my 4th time of playing those scenes. At that point I had only 4 parts of the record.

From there you discover new places etc & collect all the other pieces of the record. (about 10 in all)

THEN you move onto what is like a separate chapter, one which is quite lengthy & I am finding more tricky.

About the SPARKLES, they are not sparkles as we know them LOL. They are not present in the Hoes & their soul purpose seems to be to indicate area's you can visit, be it fruitful or not. Pointless but attractive, a bit like paper doilies.

Also, talking of pointless, I need to mention how funny I found the news paper head lines. They are so well written and had me

That's all for tonight, but please let me say a huge thank you to all who have enjoyed my review, glad to have been of help.

Jojo
x

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on Oct 30, 11 11:04 AM
Well Jojo, i consider myself a fast player and i am halfway during the bonusgame and i have played like 5 - 6 hours, so this is a rather long game indeed.

The demo and the strategy guide might give you the idea that its very short, which it isn't. There is a lot of back- and forth walking and you have to play all the hidden object scenes three times (which i began to find a bit annoying in the end).

Unfortunately i have run into what seems a bug in the bonusgame, but this game is definitely a surprise when it comes to its length. What i liked is that when i thought i was almost finished, after completing the record, it turned out i was just halfway the game! Entering this whole new dali-esque word after that was a pleasant surprise.

Just hoping they will fix this bug soon anyway, so i can finish it.

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by mrssharon on Oct 30, 11 11:17 AM
I'm with the majority on this game. Though fun (and no car crashes and no children being terrorized), it was quite easy. Not a CE in my opinion, either. Will wait to by the SE version.

I was happy to not have to squint to find the hidden objects and that they were actually recognizable.

The puzzles were not the impossible kind where you feel desperate and stupid for not "getting" them. Nice graphics and the music was appropriate and not too repetative.

I don't mind the back and forth of the game, but I do tend to forget where I needed something. Just me...

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 30, 11 11:49 AM
WOW.. I love this game. As with Casual Gran I love amusement parks and it's right up my alley.. Will wait until the 1st to get it as want to get it on my new punch card. Like the graphics and it has both Hidden objects and FROG's and that is a bargain right there. Like the creepy music and the scarey clown.. A great game.. A 10 out of 10 for me....

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Oct 30, 11 11:53 AM
After reading some of the reviews, I wasn't sure what to think about this game. But actually, I's really ok, graphics, hog scenes and story. It's not, however, in MHO, Collector's Edition material. I will buy it when it comes out on SE.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 30, 11 1:15 PM
Ya gotta love those creepy Amusement parks. I expected "Chucky" to come running out and bite me. lol. This looks like a good game. Don't know yet if it is the caliber of "Dreamland" or worthy of CE material. Nice graphics, hog scenes pretty clear. I will definitely buy this one but alas will have to wait until the 1st. Are any of the CE's lately worthy of Collector's Edition material?? They are no longer the beautiful long game with all the bells and whistles that they use to be. All good things come to an end I guess

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Oct 30, 11 1:53 PM
I played this game for more than 5 hours! I love it. It has just the right mix of fun games and great graphics. Definitely worth the money. Alawar makes great games. Thanks for making my Sunday better.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Oct 30, 11 2:22 PM
Not the greatest imagery. Really dislike the 10 second wait on the HOG scenes. Just so depressing with scenes with items falling apart. Very European setting. Not thrilled with the CE. Not a bad game, but will wait until it comes out in SE version. There are two of these CE´s coming out in a matter of days. Not liking either of them very well. Thought there would be something more in the line of Halloween like jackolantern or pumpkins etc. Not much time to play games and the ones I want to play are of better quality than this one. Sorry. No buy for me at $13.99

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Oct 30, 11 4:13 PM
Bought it, played it, loved it! The only complaint I have is all the sparkles, and no option to play the game in different modes. Other than that, good graphics and all **** scenes were clear and objects easily found. I thought the ending was rather abrupt but overall not disappointed in having purchased it as a CE. It made a change not to have a game full of satanic overtures!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Oct 30, 11 4:39 PM
Add my thanks too for Casual Gran and Jo Jo reviews. Although I do not like clowns in real life (or others behind masks), I have no problem with them in games. So, I really think I will enjoy this game a lot. When I first saw the developer I was convinced of that. Going to wait a day though so I can begin a new bonus card. I am wondering what others do with all those games. Do you delete the old ones after a while or keep them. Do you replay many of them or have favorites that you keep? I have well over 140 now and think I should clean house a little. Back to this game, it's a buy for me.

Go to: