stuck on level 3-5

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:stuck on level 3-5

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 29, 13 8:03 PM
I'll agree with you on the timer starting before the board has finished loading...that was something the dev could've fixed. Making the larger matches and clearing the blockers efficiently becomes a real art later in the game...it all has to do with rearranging the tiles and spotting the patterns quickly. Sorry to hear that you missed out on the opportunity for a game credit. About the only other thing I could suggest is to put the game down and maybe come back to it at some later time after playing some other games. Zenerchi is one of the more challenging M3s I've played, and I like it because it's hard, but that's not going to be for everyone. Hope you find something else more enjoyable to play soon.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jan 8, 14 1:41 AM
I just don't seem to be able to see the patterns necessary to make all the Matches I need to make! And on 4-1 I don't know if I should be more worried about removing the blockers at the top or on down toward the bottom?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 8, 14 5:45 PM
In 4-1 the pieces flow from the top, so you want to clear the top blockers first. In boards where the pieces come from the center you would want to work on the blockers near the center. The trick to playing 4-1 is to slip the matching color tile in between the paired blockers in the top rings to start with until you have the upper four rings (rings 5-8, when numbering rings from the center out) completely cleared of blockers. Once the top four rings are moveable, pick a colored blocker in ring 4 and rotate tiles on top of that until you get a M5 with the blocker being the lowest part of the M5 stack. This will give you a ring burst, which you should drop down to ring 2 and use to remove all the blockers in ring 2. You will now have a set of blockers in ring 1 and another in ring 4 of the same colors paired up, with some gaps in between. If you can drop the matching color tiles into the gaps you can get several M4s or M5 to clear all the blockers and get several bursts. You can use the bursts to finish the level faster, or hang on to them for extra bonus points.

The trick to setting up M4 or M5 stacks is to put a non-matching color in between first and then build what will be the top part of the stack, then rotate in the matching tile from another column. For instance, to set up the M5 using the ring 4 blocker to get the ring burst, the pattern is (bottom A in bold is a blocker of that color):

A
A
B A
A
A

When you have the blockers in rings 1 and 4 and want to set up M5s, it's like this:

A
A
B A
A
A

This pattern is a little harder to set up, because you have to do several things: use the gaps in between the blockers to drop a matching tile to ring 2 and rotate it on top of the ring 1 blocker, then drop in/rotate a nonmatching tile on top of that in ring 3 so you don't accidentally make a match too soon. Then if there is not the matching color elsewhere in ring 3 on another column, you'd have to drop in the matching color so it falls into ring 3 someplace else. Then you can either rotate the ring 3 tile between the blockers to create a M4, or to make the M5, first rotate into place the matching tile at ring 5, then rotate ring 3.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 8, 14 5:51 PM
When a color is missing from a ring, preventing larger matches, shuffle the tiles around by making M3s or whatever you can get to rearrange them. You also want to make each of your matches a different color, because obssessing over one color burns up time when there are often bursts to be had if you shift your focus over to whatever appears abundant in various rings at the moment.

The hardest part of Zenerchi for me is picking out the depth of the rings (I still mis-count the rings to this day sometimes) so that you will know how far a tile will fall when put through a gap, which is a matter of practice. I admire your perserverance FreeBird, as a lot of players would have given up on a game if they'd been stuck on a level for a year. Good luck, and hope this helps!

Go to: