Comments for Fairway

Re:Comments for Fairway

[Post New]by RagManX on Nov 2, 11 1:18 PM
So I totally didn't realize that this is the same game as the CE I bought a couple weeks ago. Could have saved myself the credit I used to get it. When the description said "For a more in-depth experience, check out the Collector's Edition!" I didn't realize that meant "This is the Collector's Edition minus something!"

After I installed Fairway 100, I didn't have a chance for gaming until today. I start up my game manager, click on Fairway, and up pops my halfway complete CE game. Le *sigh*. I need to figure out how to tell if a new game is the limited version of something I already have so I don't keep wasting my money like this. Love Fairway solitaire. Hate throwing away money on something I already have.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 2, 11 1:57 PM
Hi RagManX,

Welcome to the pond! We certainly don't want you to pay for the same game more than once(!), so please contact Customer Support, and one of our reps will be happy to get this all sorted out for you.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 11/02/2011 at 1:57:31 PM PST

sandiegosteve
Salmon
Salmon
2,996 Posts

[Post New]by sandiegosteve on Nov 2, 11 5:30 PM
(Fairway CE) 10,000 EXTRA GOLF BUCKS U Did'nt Know About ..!!
There are 10,000 EXTRA Golf Bucks Available For U that U don't know about.... Click on Game CREDITS to FIND it.....Now...Make the Putt...

[Post New]by Karakarene on Nov 3, 11 6:31 AM
Once you use the clubs they never return, so how do you get them back ? Playing without clubs gives me one star or over par and redo.

thx, K

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 3, 11 6:40 AM
Karakarene wrote:Once you use the clubs they never return, so how do you get them back ? Playing without clubs gives me one star or over par and redo.

thx, K

They drop randomly on the layout or in your deck. You can increase that chance by buying the relevant bonus in the Golf Shop.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 3, 11 5:25 PM
Ohhhhh my! When I was playing a hole today the commentary said the following thing:

"When you're not golfing check out Big Fish Games - they have a new game every day! www.bigfishgames.com!"

Come on, people, is it really necessary to put such shameless plugs into your own games?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 5, 11 6:38 AM
Two things I wish that were different:

1) Instead of having to redo the whole course if I can't make one hole, I would have liked to be able to redo just that one hole. Sometimes I can't get Par or under, and need to redo the hole so that I can earn 3 gold stars at the end of the course.
But instead I have to redo the whole course, which can get quite frustrating, especially if I have to do 9 holes, and I was already close to the end.

2) I wish that I was able to see what my end score is supposed to be BEFORE I finish a course. Sometimes, although I get all holes under par, I still don't have a high enough score under par, and have to redo the whole course again in order to achieve this. However, I only know what the end score is supposed to be to get 3 gold stars if I don't get a high enough score, and end up with only 2 stars. And then I am told how high my score is supposed to be to achieve 3 stars.

So, if anyone from the developers is reading this, and is thinking of making another Fairway game, please take those 2 points into consideration. It makes it less frustrating for me to play the game.

Otherwise this is a great game. I am now on the 6th course (there are 7 in all) and have so far managed to get 3 stars for each course.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Nov 5, 11 7:07 AM
I'm about halfway through the game, and my comment is: Not Enough Extra Irons! It's almost impossible to have a long or even medium-length drive because the irons fall so few and far between. I did purchase the Golf Shop "more irons" item, but it seems to have had no effect at all.

I like this game but really wish those irons would turn up more frequently. It would add to the enjoyment of the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 5, 11 9:58 AM
Marinersfan04 wrote:I'm about halfway through the game, and my comment is: Not Enough Extra Irons! It's almost impossible to have a long or even medium-length drive because the irons fall so few and far between. I did purchase the Golf Shop "more irons" item, but it seems to have had no effect at all.

I like this game but really wish those irons would turn up more frequently. It would add to the enjoyment of the game.

I agree, Marinersfan. I too need that golden iron more often than I am given one.
In fact, I would have preferred it if we could have bought it as well - for twice the price even than the other irons cost. There are just too many Js, Q, and Ks always left towards the end, and always when I don't have that iron.

Edited on 11/05/2011 at 10:01:15 AM PST

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Nov 5, 11 2:31 PM
I guess I got spoiled by the first game, where you could fill up your bag with irons, and then enjoy some loooong drives! That was fun

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 5, 11 3:11 PM
Marinersfan04 wrote:I guess I got spoiled by the first game, where you could fill up your bag with irons, and then enjoy some loooong drives! That was fun

Yes, but when you buy your irons, you can't choose which ones you want. You just get whichever they give you.

Anyway, I much prefer this game to the first one. I am now trying to buy that very last course, which cost over 8000 bucks. So I need to earn more money, replaying previous courses, because I spent all my money buying irons to get through the last courses. *sigh*

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Nov 5, 11 3:54 PM
Am I missing something regarding buying irons in the Golf Shop? How do you do that? I bought the "iron detector" but is there something I'm not doing?

Edited on 11/05/2011 at 3:57:49 PM PST

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Nov 5, 11 6:52 PM
Well, duh. I finally clicked on the golf bag and found the irons!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 6, 11 1:06 AM
Marinersfan04 wrote:Well, duh. I finally clicked on the golf bag and found the irons!

LOL You know, when I first started the game, I was wondering where in the world I was able to buy the irons. But then I paid close attention to the "tips" right on the main page where it says "Play", and saw the picture that comes with this tip for buying irons, and realised I had to click on the cross that is on the golf bag. *rolls eyes at herself*

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 6, 11 4:10 AM
Yayyyy !! I made it.

It took me a while to get the money for the last course together, but had luck when I played one of those gopher cards. I don't actually mind having to play those cards. Unlike in the first game, the cards in this game have a lot more to give than they take.

Well, that was fun. And now I will start all over again.

ETA: Just found out the following:

Go into "Options", and click on "Credits". You can win 10.000 Golf Bucks if you can get the shot done! I wish I had known about it when I needed 8000 bucks to buy the last course. LOL

Edited on 11/06/2011 at 8:58:39 AM PST

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Nov 6, 11 11:52 AM
Congrats, Valdy, you finished before me AND figured out the iron bag way before I did, lol. I decided to start the game over. Much better this way!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 6, 11 1:35 PM
Marinersfan04 wrote:Congrats, Valdy, you finished before me AND figured out the iron bag way before I did, lol. I decided to start the game over. Much better this way!

Awww... thanks, Marinersfan. I am exhausted. LOL

And yes, I know what you mean. I sometimes just start again if I know I have missed some vital things.

And don't forget to go into the "Options/Credits" section and get that 10.000 bucks.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Nov 7, 11 7:57 AM
I did get that 10,000 bucks...thanks for the tip!

sassyinga
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re: green cards

[Post New]by sassyinga on Nov 7, 11 7:09 PM
explain to me about when the green cards appear , is there a purpose or reason why the the first time you select it, some card spins away and then the next time you select it, it will play on the stack. Loved the first fairway, but not so sure about this one!!!

[Post New]by narisas on Nov 7, 11 10:21 PM
Sassyinga, the green card is a "rough", like the rough grass part of a golf course, so you need to hit extra hard to clear it. 2 shots to clears the rough. A spinning saw mows down the grass the first time you hit it.

Go to: