White / Blank Screen

[Post New]by bravo4315 on Nov 3, 11 10:41 AM
Was trying to play Fairway...but when I click on play in the Game manager all that i get is a White Screen. Music and Audio seem to be working but no picture.....any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks

duchesse67
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Post any Fairway technical issues here only

[Post New]by duchesse67 on Nov 3, 11 10:57 AM
georgestanley wrote:I also tried playing in the smaller window and cannot get the game to return to full size. Super frustrating!

Me too, it is not possible to play, you get only half the screen.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 3, 11 12:50 PM
Hello everyone,

If you're having troubles with the display, please make sure that your screen resolution settings are correct. Here is a help article with these steps:

Screen Resolution

If a white screen is appearing when trying to play the game, please take a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps that might help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Still having troubles with the game? Our Tech Support (you can click on this link) will be happy to take over. Please get in touch with them and one of our reps will assist you one-on-one to make sure that we resolve any issues. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Dazdnconfuzled on Nov 4, 11 11:01 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

If you're having troubles with the display, please make sure that your screen resolution settings are correct. Here is a help article with these steps:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=537">Screen Resolution</a>

If a white screen is appearing when trying to play the game, please take a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps that might help:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

Still having troubles with the game? Our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> (you can click on this link) will be happy to take over. Please get in touch with them and one of our reps will assist you one-on-one to make sure that we resolve any issues. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

If you are referring to the "Window" problem, my resolution is higher than recommended.

How about a real fix

[Post New]by Dazdnconfuzled on Nov 4, 11 12:54 PM
For those of you having the Windowed/Full Screen issue... this is not a "Real" fix, but it did get my screen back.

I downloaded the Collector's Edition and played it for a few minutes (it does not have an option to turn off full screen).

When I went back to the regular Fairway, my Full Screen was back.

[Post New]by amyk1128 on Nov 6, 11 7:10 AM
I tried playing in the minimized screen couldn't play because you can't see anything and now I can't see the option to change back to the larger screen. Can somebody please help with this issue?

[Post New]by carriemoore97 on Nov 6, 11 9:02 AM
Hello bigfish
I love the game the problem I am having is at first I could play the game in a full screen mode. Now it only letting play in the small screen mode. I unstall the game and reinstall it and I still can not play in full screen I cannot see the menu to change it to full sreen and I can not see all of the cards to play the game.
Thank you
Carrie Moore

Edited on 11/06/2011 at 9:03:23 AM PST

12george
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Nov 6, 11 1:18 PM
Just wanted to let those of you who had trouble not being able to get this game back to a big screen...i uninstalled it again and installed it again and this time i can play it..so now it is a buy for me..love this game

[Post New]by avalonmist on Nov 7, 11 9:16 AM
I asked for help by e-mailing tech support about this issue on 11-2 and still have not heard anything back from them. It is not my screen resolution and uninstalling and restalling does not help.

Edited on 11/07/2011 at 9:17:14 AM PST

[Post New]by msunwoo on Nov 7, 11 11:33 AM
Edit the following file:

%appdata%\Big Fish Games\Fairway\global.dat

Search for:

"fullscreenEnabled":true

Replace with:

"fullscreenEnabled":false

[Post New]by msunwoo on Nov 7, 11 1:55 PM
Oops, ignore that post above, it should be the other way around.

Edit the following file:

Search for:

Replace with:

[Post New]by avalonmist on Nov 7, 11 3:21 PM
msunwoo wrote:Oops, ignore that post above, it should be the other way around.

Edit the following file:

Search for:

Replace with:

Thank you!

[Post New]by red333 on Nov 18, 11 7:42 PM
georgestanley wrote:I also tried playing in the smaller window and cannot get the game to return to full size. Super frustrating!

Same problem, please fix

jvgolfer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jvgolfer on Nov 19, 11 10:15 AM
avalonmist wrote:
msunwoo wrote:Oops, ignore that post above, it should be the other way around.

Edit the following file:

Search for:

Replace with:

Thank you!

Where does one find this file?

[Post New]by Michael_UK on Nov 21, 11 4:20 AM
I have Fairway CE and have won all the trophies except "The Verminator" - i have succesfully whacked that Gopher many times during the game but the count just stays at 0/50.

how can i fix this and complete my trophy room ?

i have the answer to everyones small screen want it full again problem

[Post New]by hjdhdfjndsf on Nov 21, 11 10:44 AM
ok so someone put a post on here that really helped and i dont even know how it worked but it did....so download the downloadable version of the fairway game collectors edition and then play it for a little bit and then go to the setting and see if it has the option for full screen ...it dosnt but it was worth a look .... so then open up fairway that you have the old one and it should come back to the original screen and the best thing is you dont have to lose all ur games

Edited on 11/21/2011 at 10:46:27 AM PST

[Post New]by Bellaboo34 on Nov 28, 11 9:44 PM
Can't get screen to maximize after I shrunk it to a window. I am not that tech savvy so I need help. I unistalled and restarted my pc and then reinstalled and the same problem continues. Irritated.

Post any Fairway technical issues here only

[Post New]by slushygal on Dec 6, 11 3:42 PM
HELP... I bought this game and am having a great time playing it. However, in the options section I accidentally clicked on taking the game from full screen to window size. I now cannot get it to show the entire game, therefore, I cannot go to the options tab again to change it back. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled, but without success. Any ideas??

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Dec 29, 11 11:25 AM
On the sixth course where the cards are all scrambled and not in stacks I have experinced a problem. Down-facing cards were completely uncovered but they never flipped over to be in play. I ended that hole with nothing but these three down-facing cards and no way to access them.

[Post New]by lolojo on Jan 2, 12 9:23 AM
My Fairway game is stuck in windowed mode and the option button is not viewable in order to go to full screen. Any suggestions

Go to: