Mysteryville 2

Re:Mysteryville 2

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Nov 1, 11 12:48 AM
Hi jkuci,
Vampireville was a good joke, but you can't compare it to Mysteryville which is far more primitive!

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Nov 1, 11 12:52 AM
Streifenbarbe wrote:Hi jkuci,
Vampireville was a good joke, but you can't compare it to Mysteryville which is far more primitive!

Heyyyyyyyy, don't be unfair...
At least it seems to be the first hidden-object-puzzle-adventure of the casual game history - just wondering why they did not keep that special genre after 2007 but came back with it in 2010 *laughing tears*

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 1, 11 1:08 AM
At least it seems to be the first hidden-object-puzzle-adventure of the casual game history - just wondering why they did not keep that special genre after 2007 but came back with it in 2010 *laughing tears*

Maybe I am tired or something... but you lost me Gamesetter. What?

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 1, 11 1:19 AM
I'm with ya, Shadow--I don't get Gamesetter's point either! "Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure" games have been with us since b4 2010, but maybe not the "H0PA" acronym. Could be that's what Gamesetter's referring to. Surely, "H0PAs" didn't disappear in 2007, only to be resurrected in 2010--I'm kinda chortling "tears" over this one myself!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 1, 11 1:21 AM
I bought this one elsewhere a couple of years ago...I thought the dialogue was inane then, hated the timer, but think I played it out, anyway. I did play the demo, as I was hoping it wasn't the one I remembered but it is...nuff said.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 1, 11 1:23 AM
I didn't buy this game before, because of the timer. You forgot to mention it...

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Nov 1, 11 1:24 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:

Maybe I am tired or something... but you lost me Gamesetter. What?

The game is called: "this fantastic Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!" in the advertising text.

In 2007 nobody called games "Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure" - so it seems... this was the very first and after that they did not use this expression till 2010 when it started (again ) with the "big" Hidden Object Games!

Sorry for the bad english

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 1:34:34 AM PST

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Nov 1, 11 1:31 AM
Checked this game out and thought I had stepped back in time!!!!!!
Deffo no buy for me yukky.

woodythepecker
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by woodythepecker on Nov 1, 11 1:49 AM
I would prefer BFG to put a notice up stating "Okay so maybe we can't give you a new game every day. Today we struck out! That would be better than digging up the corpse of a mediocre,dated game and trying to breathe life back into its decrepit being. Return it to the tombs already!!!
woody

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 1, 11 2:04 AM
After playing for 2 minutes I thought this is familiar and checked my games purchase history and found that I had purchased both Mysteryville and Mysteryville2 on the 16 Spetember 2008 from the t o y site .

Three things I just found in the 40 minutes I played ...

It has at least one spot the difference puzzle of about 20 items.

You have to replay a level if you don't beat the time.

Twice I used the hint button and never even saw it show me anything at all so I guess you have to be wearing and not or you will miss it .

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 2:37:18 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 1, 11 2:18 AM

OK you are all right: it was a step back in time that I am not nostalgic for...

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 1, 11 2:39 AM
I just had a feeling that this thread would be infinitely more fun than the screenshots told me this game would be...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 1, 11 3:51 AM
fireeyes5 wrote:I can't find Mysteryville in the PC game list??? What was the first one if this is 2?

I bought Mysteryville in January 2007, but not from BigFish.

Happy gaming, everyone.

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 3:58:20 AM PST

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Nov 1, 11 3:53 AM
Oh my... I couldn't belive my eyes some minutes ago when I checked in for today's TGT. Mysteryville 2! Man! I played this game as one of my first HOG's YEARS ago!

BF, this is poor. And IMO, this is practically asking fishies to look elsewhere for a good, moneyworthy game...

WHY are you doing this to us? Having income problems maybe? At least I noticed you did have a couple of CE sales together with a gift. So... maybe the recession is doing it's dirty job in the Seattle-offices too?

Just guessing...

Anyway... NO BUY! This is a shame of a game for most loyal fishies!

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Nov 1, 11 5:04 AM
Do I smell mothballs?.....

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Nov 1, 11 5:28 AM
Hand over the air cleaner and the duster

[Post New]by Coronagold on Nov 1, 11 7:31 AM
1)Yesterdays' Daily Deals
2)?
3)Profit!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 1, 11 8:51 AM
I'm sorry but this is not a game for me. I do not like Find the Difference nor do I like having to find numerous amounts of one particular item - especially when there is a timer and the scenes are a bit blurry or I have to find a particular item in the list only to see I've had to select something else first before I can even find that one. (Does that make sense?). I like the whole list of objects I need to find displayed at one time to avoid having to keep looking back at the list to see what was added. I don't like silhouettes as sometimes the objects really don't look like the silhouette - it may be only a part of an object.

I just do not like this game because of the above.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Nov 1, 11 10:13 AM
Really now..new game?? DL only to find "continue game?'' "welcome back"

Diden't like it then ( about 5 years ago) still don't like it

No buy...No play..

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Nov 1, 11 10:17 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on BigFish...............why put up a game that won't even sell????

I hope someone here from BF can answer this one??

Go to: