You Have To Be Joking BFG

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:You Have To Be Joking BFG

[Post New]by Strixi on Nov 2, 11 12:00 PM
One of the mods explained this on another thread. "New game every day" means "new game for BFG" not "new game in general."

Last weekend's sale was anything but lame. I picked up a couple of fun games to round out a punch card, and the last few DDs of the month were excellent.

It occurs to me that there may be a saturation for hardcore fishies. If you buy several brand spankin' new games a week, by the time a game becomes a DD, you might already have it.

The flip side of this is that if you had a lousy operating system for the first few years of your membership and couldn't play several games, getting a new 'puter opens up a whole new realm. That's what happened with me with Vista and several ERS games. Many ERS games just wouldn't work on my old computer, but they do now, so I have some serious catching up to do!

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Nov 2, 11 12:09 PM
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 3, 11 2:57 PM
Strixi, I could very well be wrong but I doubt anyone here buys a game every day. So for one "old" release to cause such anguish and anger is puzzling.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 25, 11 5:09 PM
People just like to complain when they don't get their daily game fix, I guess.

I never assumed that BF's claim of a "new" game every day mean that it was brand-spanking-new straight from the game developer, but that it was merely new to BF's game inventory. It is unrealistic to expect that there are going to be 365 brand-new games made every year that meet the level of quality/gameplay that BFG has set as its criteria for the games it sells.

Just because someone may have played the game two or even four years ago doesn't mean that there aren't those of us who have neither heard of it nor played it before. The game is new to them.

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Jan 17, 12 1:29 PM
I agree,,,,what is it with the "BABY" games lately... OMG....can't you guys come up with something better...5 minutes and I was outta there....

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Nov 13, 12 2:40 PM
You surely don't think you're going to get a New game as a Daily Deal, do you? There may be some fairly new, but not brand new, I'm sure. It's the other game(s) that are the new ones.

Go to: