bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 5, 11 9:33 AM
Hello everyone,

If the game is not allowing you to progress, you may first want to check the Strategy Guide to make sure that all of the proper steps have been taken. If you've already done this and are simply unable to continue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if this helps.

Still unable to finish the game? Please write in to Tech Support with a description of what your seeing, including any other information that might be helpful (i.e. a screenshot) and our reps will be happy to assist you.

If you're seeing a white screen, please take a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Still need assistance? Please contact Tech Support. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

 

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by snoozin3 on Nov 5, 11 10:17 AM
asierrahiker wrote:My Time Device Map is not showing any exclamation points or question marks or any other feedback other than greyed rooms and black rooms. I'll see no indicators but I can go to a place and I can take an action there. When I ask for a hint it will tell me to look for those exclamation points to lead me to what needs to be done.



I am having the same problem.
Any resolutions?

 
dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dogma45 on Nov 5, 11 10:30 AM
When trying to place the street lamps the program quits running and i get Problem Event name: BEX and Time Stamp: 4eb17193...i have uninstalled and reinstalled game and same thing happens over and over again...help

 
Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Nov 5, 11 11:56 AM
snoozin3 wrote:
asierrahiker wrote:My Time Device Map is not showing any exclamation points or question marks or any other feedback other than greyed rooms and black rooms. I'll see no indicators but I can go to a place and I can take an action there. When I ask for a hint it will tell me to look for those exclamation points to lead me to what needs to be done.



I am having the same problem.
Any resolutions?


I figured out it was because of the mode i was in. Expert you get no ! but you can switch to the other mode under options when you are really stuck then switch back.

But I now have the street lamp problem where its crashing the game.

 

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Nov 5, 11 3:37 PM
I'm having the same problems as Dogma - go to move a lamp light and the game freezes and then ends???? I've tried everything - same thing happens. I even waited to skip it all together - and then I got an error message!!! So frustrating...

 

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kdr40790 on Nov 5, 11 4:15 PM
I got through most of the game with no issues. But after I got the star off the front gate, and got the time machine reinstalled, all I get is "error". I can't move through the years. It shows the rooms I need to go to and I can see the picture of that room, but I cannot go to it. If it's not a fixable issue, I can't finish the game and am out $14.00. Also, went to the help article which didn't help my issue.

Edited on 11/05/2011 at 4:15:36 PM PST


 
jazz2451
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jazz2451 on Nov 5, 11 7:34 PM
kdr40790 wrote:I got through most of the game with no issues. But after I got the star off the front gate, and got the time machine reinstalled, all I get is "error". I can't move through the years. It shows the rooms I need to go to and I can see the picture of that room, but I cannot go to it. If it's not a fixable issue, I can't finish the game and am out $14.00. Also, went to the help article which didn't help my issue.


I am also having this issue.

 
jazz2451
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jazz2451 on Nov 5, 11 7:37 PM
vanwyck wrote:Yesterday I downloaded Time Mysteries and played most of the day. I had all the time buttons but suddenly when I went to the time machine, there is "error" that shows up in the circle where you click to get to a location, and all the 3 years at the bottom buttons as well as many of the parts are gone. I've turned off the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Any suggestions?

I really want to finish this game.


This is also happening to me. I uninstalled, reinstalled and then started a new profile and when I get to putting acid on the chain in the front, i get ERROR in the time machine with my first profile and also the second one i created. I am not going to start the game again to get to the same place and get the same error. Help!

 
wariatus
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by wariatus on Nov 6, 11 3:45 AM
jazz2451 wrote:
vanwyck wrote:Yesterday I downloaded Time Mysteries and played most of the day. I had all the time buttons but suddenly when I went to the time machine, there is "error" that shows up in the circle where you click to get to a location, and all the 3 years at the bottom buttons as well as many of the parts are gone. I've turned off the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Any suggestions?

I really want to finish this game.


This is also happening to me. I uninstalled, reinstalled and then started a new profile and when I get to putting acid on the chain in the front, i get ERROR in the time machine with my first profile and also the second one i created. I am not going to start the game again to get to the same place and get the same error. Help!


Jazz please read my response to vanwyck post

 
TattyJane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by TattyJane on Nov 6, 11 6:48 AM
I was delighted there was a mini-game alternative to finishing the first HOS, but now the game won't let me leave that scene.

 

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by serafina321 on Nov 6, 11 3:34 PM
Gypsum is not showing up to make the copy of the fire seal. My game is giving hos in a different order than that given in the collector's edition hints. What if i download it again, change players and the same darn thing happens? Very annoying to be stopped by one piece right now.

 
Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Nov 7, 11 7:56 AM
Hi everyone!

I just chatted with customer service and BF has already reached the developer and hopefully a fix for these problems is coming soon! Keep an eye out here in the forums for a post from BF!

 

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by pelsworth on Nov 7, 11 9:19 AM
please can you tell me were the third screw is stuck till can find not the only one who cant find it

 

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by playit on Nov 7, 11 11:06 AM
snoozin3 wrote:
asierrahiker wrote:My Time Device Map is not showing any exclamation points or question marks or any other feedback other than greyed rooms and black rooms. I'll see no indicators but I can go to a place and I can take an action there. When I ask for a hint it will tell me to look for those exclamation points to lead me to what needs to be done.



I am having the same problem.
Any resolutions?

 

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by macchelle on Nov 8, 11 11:33 AM
dogma45 wrote:When trying to place the street lamps the program quits running and i get Problem Event name: BEX and Time Stamp: 4eb17193...i have uninstalled and reinstalled game and same thing happens over and over again...help


I am having a similar problem. I was working on the street lamp mini game when I had to quit the game for a while. When I came back to it the game stops running. I can exit out of the mini game and go to other areas with no problems but the mini game crashes the game. Really don't want to uninstall and reinstall if I can avoid it.

 
bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 8, 11 1:57 PM
Hi fishies,

If your game is crashing with and you're getting a strange error message, please be sure to get in touch with our Tech Support reps so that they can take a closer look at this with you.

Also, if you could please create and attach a screenshot of this error message to your help request, that'll certainly us determine what might be causing this issue.

In the meantime, you may want to take a look at the recommended steps in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 11/08/2011 at 1:58:01 PM PST


 
dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dogma45 on Nov 8, 11 3:29 PM
I am happy to say that after crashing at the street lamp puzzle several and uninstalling and re installing several time i finally went in as a different player and got to play the whole game without a hitch...thanks for the advice and happy gaming!!

 

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mariahsdrift on Nov 12, 11 6:08 AM
I am also having problems with the street lamps section of this game. I get an error message and it closes. I have tried skipping this puzzle, reinstalling, talked to customer service, updated my pc with every update under the sun. Still no luck. I love this game and would love to continue without the problems. If anyone has a solution please let me know! what did the player tell you dogma!!!

 

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mariahsdrift on Nov 12, 11 6:09 AM
oh I misread dogma's reply. I will try going in as a different person and see if I also have happy gaming. Thanks dogma. I was really baffled.

 
prubell13
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by prubell13 on Nov 12, 11 3:40 PM
I have got the two heart pieces for the rattle but when I went to the time device to get to the garden and complete I found that the time device had lost three of the years and it shows error when I try to go to put the final piece of the puzzle in. Has anyone else had this problem?

 
 
 
 
Go to: