Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial technical issues here only

[Post New]by Go_Saints on Nov 7, 11 3:00 PM
lulu82000 wrote:I got it !
First you have to lit the candle , burn the web and then click on letter P .
Hope it will help .

Did that. Still won't let me click it.

katielu88
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial technical issues here only

[Post New]by katielu88 on Nov 9, 11 5:14 PM
abbyD wrote:Problem in crypt:

I'm doing the HOS in the Chapter 4 crypt and I can't get the "9" or the acorn. I can pick up the cigarette lighter but I can't burn the spider web to get the acorn.
I've quit and gone back in, but that didn't help. Any ideas?
Also can't get the P that is the top left corner

[Post New]by hkh415 on Nov 11, 11 7:05 AM
I have played this game about 3 times from the beginning and each time about half way thru it calls for a paintbrush to paint a horseman statue.I have never found a paintbrush.Does anyone know where it is located or has anyone had this same problem??/

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Nov 11, 11 10:14 AM
My avast security says that an iffy file came along with my download and will only open it in the sandbox where it won't save my progress. Should I uninstall and try again? This has never happened before.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 11, 11 10:58 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are unable to start the game or if you are experiencing a slow game, please take a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps that might help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are receiving an Access Violation error message, please take a look at this help article for more information:

Access Violation

For those of you have troubles with the letter "P" (after lighting the candle, burning the web and collecting it), please try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to see if this helps.

judygoodfellow, while it's possible for some anti-virus software to incorrectly flag our games as having viruses, no game released through Big Fish Games has ever contained a virus or any software that may be harmful to your system. Please get in touch with Tech Support if you have any further questions about this and our reps will be happy to help.

hkh415, please take a look at the walkthrough (you can click on this link) for help with the paintbrush.

If you are continuing to have issues with the game, please contact our Tech Support team so that our reps can help you individually. Please be sure to include the steps you've already taken and a Dr. Felix report. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by mlbear on Nov 12, 11 6:51 AM
The game keeps stopping randomly and going to my desktop. I have to click at the icon on my tool bar to bring it back. I reinstalled it with the same result. Although I can play the game, this is very irritating. I have many ERS games and they usually run smoothly. I even have two other games from this EAP series with no problems.

Never mind! I tried one of my old games and it did the same thing. I rebooted and it corrected the problem. Nothing like a reboot to unclog the old computer.

Edited on 11/12/2011 at 9:14:02 AM PST

[Post New]by Ms_Jazz33 on Nov 13, 11 7:48 PM
Cr8tvfmle1 wrote:I can't seem to click on the "Letter P". Is anyone else having that problem?

I am having the same problem...it also will not let me get the acorn out of the spiderweb.

[Post New]by nikitabeau on Nov 15, 11 12:25 PM
lulu82000 wrote:
Cr8tvfmle1 wrote:I can't seem to click on the "Letter P". Is anyone else having that problem?

I have the same problem , any idea ?
Thanks for helping , I'm stuck now .

Had the same problem. To get the letter P you must first burn the spider web with the candle, get the acorn, then the letter P

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Nov 16, 11 9:17 AM
The game, though beautiful and interesting, does have very precise trigger spots. You will bat around looking for it, but it is there. Keep trying with the candle and the spider web. It took me patience and a few tries, but I found it. There are quite a few spots like this in the game.

The problem with the the access violation: Although I did not have that problem with this game, I have had it with another. Contact tech support and let them talk you through clearing your computer of an offending file created during the demo. It works like magic. They are always swamped, but efficient. They will get back to you asap. B

shelbel255
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by shelbel255 on Nov 21, 11 8:42 PM
I play game for an hour or so and quit the game, but when I return to it later on, I have to start over. I have tried this numerous times. I have also uninstalled the game and re-installed it twice. I still have to start over every time I leave the game and come back to it. Isn't suppose to save your progress?

I don't have time to sit for hours and play the game.

Help!
Tanks!!

[Post New]by VenomousKate on Nov 22, 11 4:16 PM
shelbel255 wrote:I play game for an hour or so and quit the game, but when I return to it later on, I have to start over. I have tried this numerous times. I have also uninstalled the game and re-installed it twice. I still have to start over every time I leave the game and come back to it. Isn't suppose to save your progress?

Help!
Tanks!!

I'm having this exact same problem. Very frustrating!

marian35
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by marian35 on Dec 15, 11 7:21 PM
I cannot finish the game!! I tried using the strategy guide and it tells where three of the pieces for the on the crypt were. Then they want 4 pieces and there is no 4th piece. I can't go any further, and I think I deserve a refund!

Lyvia
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by Lyvia on Dec 16, 11 6:05 AM
VenomousKate wrote:
shelbel255 wrote:I play game for an hour or so and quit the game, but when I return to it later on, I have to start over. I have tried this numerous times. I have also uninstalled the game and re-installed it twice. I still have to start over every time I leave the game and come back to it. Isn't suppose to save your progress?

Help!
Tanks!!

I'm having this exact same problem. Very frustrating!

I played over half yesterday and was looking forward to finishing today. I closed the game down properly, but apparently nothing saved, because it wants me to start over. Frustrating is right!

Edited to add that it might have been an issue with my Anti-virus program (can I say the name?). I'm not sure why that would be, but I've temporarily disabled it and when I play a little and go back, my progress is saved.

Edited on 12/16/2011 at 6:15:56 AM PST

Rozanne
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Rozanne on Dec 24, 11 10:26 PM
This very same thing has happened to me on THREE consecutive evenings. I try to play the game from where I left off the previous evening, but it always just shoots me back to the closed City Gates, even though I have played 90 minutes beyond this point in the game THREE times now. Aaaaarrrrggghhhhhh!

Darklldo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Darklldo on Dec 28, 11 12:25 AM
I have finished the game, but had to go back to find the extra rose I had missed before.

Now I can't get back to the happy couple to give them the roses and so cannot play the bonus game....

How do I find them when I can't access the crypt door that was open before I went back to find the last rose?

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Dec 29, 11 10:06 PM
When I quit the game for the night and come back the next day, my game isn't being saved so I have to play the same scenes over again. Can this be fixed? Thanks

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jan 15, 12 4:15 PM
I'm stuck. I had the pub lever, but it dissapeared out of my inventory. I can't get into the pub, the mailboxes, zilch. Anyone else have this problem?

[Post New]by duchess78 on Jan 15, 12 7:25 PM
I am trying to light the match and pour the sulpher in the flask in the Voodoosite. cannot get either one to work.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jan 16, 12 12:24 PM
Never mind, it was a senior moment.

duchess:
I think you have to add the water before you can add the sulfur? Seems to me I had to get everything before that darn sulfur was added. Plus it's another spots in the game where it's difficult to hit the right spot. Really have to watch for when the cursor gets a red edge. It's just a game flaw, but not a technical issue.

JeanSki862
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial technical issues here only

[Post New]by JeanSki862 on Jan 16, 12 8:30 PM
bfgRhone wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Go to: