saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Reviews for Reincarnations: Back to Reality

[Post New]by saadia60 on Nov 7, 11 6:01 AM
What an excellent game...wow! beautifully done. Lots of treavelling but then I love that. Makes you think. Thanks Vogat adn keep them coming!

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Nov 7, 11 8:18 AM
I found this game very dull and boring and I usually love Vogat games. I finished the whole trial but it's not a buy for me

[Post New]by NancySusan on Nov 7, 11 8:21 AM
Nice game to the point I exited which was with about 7 minutes left -- pretty much what others have said on color, game play, but I had a heck of a time exiting **** scenes -- the down arrow wouldn't come up normally, so I ended up clicking a lot trying to get it to come up, then stopped everything and waited and eventually it did come up, but that's a new one for me. I also didn't think the "past lives" made a lot of sense in the context, but it is after all a game. So, this time at least, no buy for me. Maybe on DD, unless whatever the problem with exiting **** scenes is fixed.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 7, 11 11:16 AM
This game started off well, aside from the struggle to make the picture at least big enough to see rather than squashed in the centre. Searches were fairly easy, nice bright graphics, first story quite interesting, going along nicely until I tried to use an item somewhere that wasn't correct. 'That's not the way we do things round here', I was informed. Well I'm not from 'around here', so thank you and goodbye to this game. I will not be spoken to as if I was an idiot by a game There are ways of saying you've got it wrong but that wasn't it. No buy.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Nov 7, 11 12:50 PM
I passed on this game the 1st day it came out on Saturday. Sunday I thought what the heck I will give it a try. Wow I am so glad I did!! The graphics were awesome kind of a 3D effect. The only downfall for me was there were no voice overs, which I think it really could have used to add that much more to the game.

Edited on 11/07/2011 at 12:52:00 PM PST

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 7, 11 3:04 PM
I have played the two other Reincarnations games. I thought the first one was just okay, the reincarnations which Jane visits were short and not very memorable to me, but I really loved the second game. I especially liked how Jane had to escape from the mental hospital in the second game, since I love those kinds of games, and I liked how the reincarnations were longer. I think there were only three reincarnations/segments in the game, but quite a bit of time was spent in each of them, and I thought they had good stories. I especially remember enjoying the one where you had to solve a murder mystery at a theater. It lasted a long time and the game play was really fun.

The third Reincarnations game is more like the first game than the second game, and I find that disappointing. The reincarnations are shorter and the stories don't seem as well thought out as the ones in the second game did. The purpose for why Jane is going back to her past lives again isn't really that clear either. It makes the game feel less cohesive than the second game did. I am about halfway through it, and am feeling like I am losing interest in it. I am normally a fan of Vogat, the developer, and have played and enjoyed many of their games, but this does not seem like one of their best efforts to me, and it feels like they rushed to put out another Reincarnations game and did not put as much time and effort to make it as high quality as the second game in the series. I think that is what bothers me about it most. I bought it because of how much I loved the second game, despite the fact that the demo didn't thrill me. I hoped it would get better after the demo, but it hasn't really and has just remained an okay game that doesn't seem very memorable. I still have two reincarnations left to play, and maybe I will play them sometime, but I am not really dying to know what happens next. I don't only play games for story, I also play them for the puzzles and adventure, but I am not loving those aspects of the game either. I am glad I used a credit on the game instead of buying it because of how disappointing I have found it. I recommend that people demo this game before they buy it, even if they are a fan of the series, just to make sure that they like it, and to not expect it to be like the second game.

Edited on 11/07/2011 at 3:17:36 PM PST

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Nov 8, 11 2:34 AM
When this series started, I thought it was a great idea. Like a time machine, it allows you to go to any time period, but it also allows any character (woman, man, dog, or child) and any story line. The developers can make each story as long or as short as the story needs, then group them into a game with either several short reincarnations or a few longer ones. I liked the characters of Jane the reporter and Dr. Herzle the psychologist. When someone read her article and tracked her down on vacation ("Finally, I found you."), I couldn't wait to see who that was and what he wanted.

Then the second game totally ignored the teaser in the first game and gave us a new plot. Whereas the first game had been cheerful and happy, the second took place in an insane asylum and was dreary and depressing. But I know a lot of people like those settings, the game was well done, so I enjoyed it, but not as much as the first one.

In this game Dr. Herzle is gone, replaced by a deity called the keeper of the astral library. The wonderful voice acting of the first game is gone. The ONLY challenge of the adventure part was finding the objects. Nothing made sense. (Would you open an envelope by giving it to a crab?) Much of it was amazingly boring - click on each screw with the screwdriver, hit the bush with the axe four times, move the leaves six times, etc. See my comments about the game earlier for more that I found annoying. It was a decent game and had some redeeming qualities, but it could have been much better and there is clear evidence that the developer knows how to make a much better game.

It is worth the time to play, but I'd recommend waiting until it is a Daily Deal because I'm not sure it's worth full price.

[Post New]by bevhughes on Nov 8, 11 4:22 AM
Just finished Reincarnations: Back to Reality, and spent three plus hours wishing for it end. It was completely soulless compared to the last one set in the asylum. I couldn't get into the characters or the stories and am really disappointed after playing The Premature Burial.

Emmie1956
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Emmie1956 on Nov 8, 11 6:41 AM
roaming wrote:What level were you playing, SeaBamboo? I played Casual and did not have a misclick penalty. Even on casual, it seems you have to use your head a bit on this one. I liked it.

I wish there were a way to pull up all the Vogat, ERS, etc. games.

You can get these lists by Googling Vogat.com, ..................etc.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Nov 9, 11 9:37 AM
angelfish106 wrote:This game started off well, aside from the struggle to make the picture at least big enough to see rather than squashed in the centre. Searches were fairly easy, nice bright graphics, first story quite interesting, going along nicely until I tried to use an item somewhere that wasn't correct. 'That's not the way we do things round here', I was informed. Well I'm not from 'around here', so thank you and goodbye to this game. I will not be spoken to as if I was an idiot by a game There are ways of saying you've got it wrong but that wasn't it. No buy.

I can't believe what people will complain about. Geesh.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 10, 11 9:07 AM
@gib613: Totally agree! LOL!

As far as the game goes, it was just okay. The plot was weak, I thought. If one must rectify karma from a past life, you'd assume there was some "sin" committed in that life, but not so for Jane.

The last life was tedious and I found myself using the hint button in every scene just so I could get finished with the game.

The graphics were clear enough that finding objects in the HOS wasn't too difficult. The hint button refilled quickly, which is a plus. The puzzles were pretty much the same old thing... connect the wires, turn the tiles, etc. therefore not much of a challenge.

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Nov 11, 11 10:28 AM
I had the first one of these and really liked it so I thought I would really like this one after playing all the way through I found it was just not fun for me . the puzzles did not come with instructions unless you clicked the help button and than the info was very vague .there was one puz that said to do something that was basically the opposite of what was stated in the instructions. I also did not like the environments the last one being my least favorite .stuff was really hard to see and blended in .I finished and than uninsulated for now . Maybe Im just off my game this week due to a allergy problem making my eyes water but this game just was more frustrating than fun for me

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Nov 12, 11 3:30 PM
It's odd but the more I play this game, the less I like it. It just got tedious for me and the puzzle directions were awful. ie on the turtle puzzle it says 'move tiles to marked fields' Nothing was marked as far as I could see. You had to remove the green tiles.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Nov 12, 11 7:56 PM
roaming wrote:What level were you playing, SeaBamboo? I played Casual and did not have a misclick penalty. Even on casual, it seems you have to use your head a bit on this one. I liked it.

I wish there were a way to pull up all the Vogat, ERS, etc. games.

Just google Vogat, ERS or any other developer, and you should be able to find their web site, which should list their games.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Nov 12, 11 8:00 PM
glb613 wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:This game started off well, aside from the struggle to make the picture at least big enough to see rather than squashed in the centre. Searches were fairly easy, nice bright graphics, first story quite interesting, going along nicely until I tried to use an item somewhere that wasn't correct. 'That's not the way we do things round here', I was informed. Well I'm not from 'around here', so thank you and goodbye to this game. I will not be spoken to as if I was an idiot by a game There are ways of saying you've got it wrong but that wasn't it. No buy.

I can't believe what people will complain about. Geesh.

If that's the only reason you didn't buy this game, then you short changed yourself. You need to get over yourself. I'm ejoying it.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Nov 12, 11 8:04 PM
So far, I am enjoying this game a lot. I had a glitch in the second life, so I went back and replayed it, and everything went fine. I'm in the Eskimo life now. I enjoyed the last two reincarnations too. I like these games where there are several short stories withing one big story, i.e., the Lost Souls game. You can finish each little story, quit, then start again another day, and not have to rack your brains trying to remember where you were and what you still needed to go back to do. I'll be back to let you know what I think of the whole game when I finish. My one complaint is that the down arrow to back out of a scene is really finnicky. You have to be in just the exact right spot on the screen to get out of a scene; you can't just click anywhere.

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 9:03:18 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 13, 11 1:15 PM
The game started out OK, and I had fun with it, but once I got to the third story, I started to look forward to finishing the game, and when I got to the last story, I simply couldn't finish it - it got just too boring.

It's too bad, because the game is not bad, but it just didn't hold my interest all through the game. *sigh*

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Nov 13, 11 5:01 PM
Played this game for a few minutes and it seemed blurry and distorted to me. The visual aspect of the game just didn't appeal to me, so I don't think it will be a buy.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Nov 13, 11 6:44 PM
bevhughes wrote:Just finished Reincarnations: Back to Reality, and spent three plus hours wishing for it end. It was completely soulless compared to the last one set in the asylum. I couldn't get into the characters or the stories and am really disappointed after playing The Premature Burial.[/q

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 9:01:45 PM PST

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Nov 13, 11 6:46 PM
bevhughes wrote:Just finished Reincarnations: Back to Reality, and spent three plus hours wishing for it end. It was completely soulless compared to the last one set in the asylum. I couldn't get into the characters or the stories and am really disappointed after playing The Premature Burial.

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 9:00:47 PM PST

Go to: