Game won't open

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

Re:Game won't open

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Jan 12, 09 11:37 AM
I had same problems; red screens on screenshots; no play, plenty of other games to play. Un-installed game and will wait awhile and try again if I get up the interest for it again. Too bad

jkberlin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jkberlin on Jan 12, 09 11:55 AM
Same thing is happening to me. Downloaded it yesterday and it wouldn't play. Good to know BF is fixing the problem. This is the first time I had this problem on BF. I have Vista SP 1 also.

couso
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by couso on Jan 12, 09 1:37 PM
Same problem! It just didn't open. Errased and reinstalled, nothing happened. I also have Vista.

rthomas
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rthomas on Jan 12, 09 2:18 PM
Ditto. I can't open the game either. I also got a new computer recently with Vista 64 bit, and I was once told that some games might not run with Vista 64 bit does anyone else have a 64 bit? Just curious if this might be the problem. R.Thomas

[Post New]by filley111s on Jan 12, 09 2:20 PM
i have the same problem, im glad to see that its not my computer. I hope they fix it soon.

cjathome
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by cjathome on Jan 12, 09 2:26 PM
On Vista machines, you have to turn your user accounts control off in control panel in order for the game to work. I rec'd that work-around from BF when I sent in an issue. It does work but I don't like my security settings turned off like that and the game is not that great so I deleted it and re-set my user accounts back on.

How a game gets published without being tested on a Vista machine is beyond me but fortunately tech support was on top of it real quick as usual.

Cjay

[Post New]by kahla60 on Jan 12, 09 6:08 PM
Same problem here - download is fine, but the game won't open. I thought as small as it was it would be really easy to get it to run. I have had less problems with bigger games. Sorry, but based on the reviews of people that HAVE been able to play it, I don't think I want to try it bad enough to keep fighting with it.

[Post New]by dee714 on Jan 12, 09 6:17 PM
Same problem here. I uninstalled and reinstalled, still won't open. I gave up.

[Post New]by AnnetteRose on Jan 12, 09 7:16 PM
Same here...won't play...do have vista but nvr have problems with other games. Guess we wait for fix. ~,~

[Post New]by queenfang on Jan 12, 09 9:15 PM
me too, I just downloaded the demo, which installed VERY quickly, which made me wonder, and then it wouldn't start. Too bad, it looked like it was going to be pretty at least..

[Post New]by rosesummer on May 15, 09 5:55 PM
I too have a new computer with vista 64 bit and bought and download Cate West the Velvet Keys and sent an email to tech and waiting. It should have something on the game site that certain games do not play with this system. Are there any hidden object puzzle games that do work with 64 bit. I am not changing any security settings.

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on Aug 26, 09 1:05 PM
cjathome wrote:On Vista machines, you have to turn your user accounts control off in control panel in order for the game to work. I rec'd that work-around from BF when I sent in an issue. It does work but I don't like my security settings turned off like that and the game is not that great so I deleted it and re-set my user accounts back on.

How a game gets published without being tested on a Vista machine is beyond me but fortunately tech support was on top of it real quick as usual.

Cjay

It's not the fact that these games are not tested on Vista OS, it is because they are 64 bit, when most Vista OS are 32 bit. These games usually work fine on 32 bit or lower. When I got my new machine and installed a BFG game, the recommendation from BFG was to downgrade. Now who in their right mind would want to downgrade a machine that they just spend a lot of money on? I wonder what will happend when Windows 7 comes out in October!!!

[Post New]by shoecrazy009 on Nov 3, 10 6:14 PM
I Downloaded turbo subs. && I Loved the game so i bought the game. once it was downloaded i tried opening it and it say's

"Unable To Open [C:/Program Data/Oberon Games/TurboSubs/ game.log] log file."

And at the way way top it says Error Call Stack:

Please Does Anyone Know What To DO ? I Want To Play My Game.!.!.?.?.

Go to: