caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

Re:Reviews for Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edition

[Post New]by caseymom on Nov 6, 11 8:48 AM
Good idea, KathyGriggs. By issuing the SE and CE at the same time, you would have a choice and not have to try and remember when the SE comes out, "did I get the CE of this?" Most times I can remember the scenes and don't have to check my purchase history...but there are THOSE times when I can't. Wish the purchase history would somehow say on the GM "you already purchased the CE..do you wish to purchase the SE?".
Just another note...thanks to all the fishes who take the time to let us know about the games and the technicals. It is appreciated.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Reviews for Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gwenofala on Nov 6, 11 9:15 AM
I love this game !!! Only played 15 minutes of the demo and had to buy it ! I played the 1st Dana Knightstone game I can't remember if it had achievements in it. But that is the best part for me. The graphics, the puzzles so far are easy to figure out .. and I love that part too ! Like others have said the SG is great especially since it stays where you left off ! (Hate playing the games where you have to keep flipping pages to where you left off !) Love the story line and the music is soothing ! This game is a keeper because of the many challenging achievements, I won't be bored with it for a long, long time ! Happy gaming to all you fishies !

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 6, 11 9:17 AM
Have spent the whole day in Tuscany (and I'm reading a very good book). NOTHING has got done. Loving it, loving it.

JamieJBD
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by JamieJBD on Nov 6, 11 10:44 AM
I was playing the demo, loving it and decided to see what kind of reviews it was given. Seeing nearly everyone enjoyed the game, I bought it.
I really LOVE this game!

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Nov 6, 11 10:59 AM
sorry but for me this is not good enough for a ce i found it flat and boring its really strange how people see things so differently but i am glad its pleasing most of you

Rbnhall6
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Rbnhall6 on Nov 6, 11 11:10 AM
I'm so excited!!! I was honestly thinking last night that they need to make another Dana Knightstone game. Death at Fairing is one of my top 3 favorite games of all time. I'm d/l now. Will right more later. Yeah!!!!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Nov 6, 11 11:13 AM
Stunning scenery, I am lost! I was wondering if a place like that garden is real!
Astonishing vision of beauty, great graphics and minigame,and what about the library? One of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I have already reached the first achviement, 5 puzzles in a row without skipping, (and of course without looking at the strategy guide) and I am playing in advanced mode! Well, said so,I go to continue the palying, I am really enjoying it!! I hope you do too!

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Nov 6, 11 12:01 PM
This seems to be a very nice game! Played the demo,liked it enough to decide that this most likely will be my next purchase. It's been a while since I've purchased a CE I liked the first Dana Knightstone game by BZ , it was very nice also! and 5 's to the devs!! Great job!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Nov 6, 11 12:13 PM
great game
going to wait for regular edition

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Nov 6, 11 12:32 PM
Well done, but pretty dull. Between the music and the tasks, I found myself getting sleepy.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 6, 11 12:34 PM
This is my review based on the completed game and will serve as an addendum to my previous post.

This game is truly lush with visual experiences. Further adding to the atmosphere is the music, which I thought to be the perfect combination of haunting and melancholy with a touch of lightness thrown in so you could feel that Tuscan sun.

The puzzles were plentiful (loved the sliders!), the hidden object scenes few and far between and the story was very well crafted. I enjoyed every minute of the game and I know I will play it again as it truly delights the senses.

Total game time for me, in Advanced Mode, using no hints, no skps, no strategy guide (and getting all the achievements) was 5 hours and 5 minutes. The epilogue added an additional 55 minutes, bringing my total game time to 6.0 hours.

For story/development of story, technical excellence/FX, puzzles/HOS scenes, length of game, I'm giving this game a very solid 4 star rating. I'm withholding 1 star for game length in Advanced Mode and for the hints given in text, journals and dialogue. . But I really recommend this game. It is a delight to play and for those who like stories, this one is a must have.

Edited on 11/08/2011 at 8:39:47 AM PST

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Nov 6, 11 12:39 PM
I'm sorry to say this but I just don't care much for this game. For me, it is just one big long puzzle, no adventure to it, no hidden objects. About half way through the trial, I gave up because I was so tired of the puzzles that I lost track of what we were doing and what kind of mystery adventure it was.

So no buy for me, not even on a CE. Maybe I'm too old, or at the moment, to tired to try and match wits with this game. I can say that I really did like the first one and was looking forward to this one, until I read some reviews, and then started playing.

All you guys who really enjoy this, enjoy more. It's just too much like work to be pleasurable for me.

No Go in OKC

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Nov 6, 11 12:40 PM
So excited that this game came out today. Loved the first one and am enjoying this one just as much. Love the scenery, music, story and game play. The type of game I like to just take my time and look around at all the details. Thank you Boom Zap and BFG!

[Post New]by Melost2 on Nov 6, 11 12:56 PM
I can't get into this game 9-10 thimes the conversation blurp has nothing in it!!!

[Post New]by Melost2 on Nov 6, 11 12:57 PM
I can't get into this game 9-10 thimes the conversation blurp has nothing in it!!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 6, 11 12:57 PM
This game is horribly boring and easy. A no buy for me. I am so disappointed. You are completely wasting your money if you are buying this CE for the SG, you won't need it.

[Post New]by Melost2 on Nov 6, 11 12:57 PM

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 6, 11 1:01 PM
Melost2 wrote:I can't get into this game 9-10 thimes the conversation blurp has nothing in it!!!

Sorry this is happening for you. However, you are experiencing a technical difficulty. You need to post this in the tech thread, not the review thread, so you can recieve the necessary help.

Edited on 11/06/2011 at 1:02:33 PM PST

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Nov 6, 11 1:27 PM
Great game! Well paced, interesting puzzles, HOS scenes limited and well done. Graphics were beautiful, story engaging, fun from start to finish.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 6, 11 1:30 PM
KathyGriggs wrote:Besides, they are putting out way to many CE's lately an not enough SE's. Kinda wish they had never started the CE's in the first place. Better still, it would be grand to be able to have both the CE & the SE available at the same time so we could choose!

Happy gaming fishies!

caseymom wrote:Good idea, KathyGriggs. By issuing the SE and CE at the same time, you would have a choice and not have to try and remember when the SE comes out, "did I get the CE of this?"

I agree. I would be nice if both the CE and SE versions came out at the same time. Is not going to happen though. Think about it: who is going to buy the CE if they can get the SE at the same time? A lot of people buy the CE because they don't have the patience to wait for a month until the SE comes out. I sometimes bought a CE because I just loved the game, and simply didn't want to wait for the SE. And what happened? I was disappointed by the bonus game, and when the SE did come out, I wish I hadn't bothered with the CE.

And yes, there are now 2 CEs out per week. But they also appear as SEs in another month. It's not as if you don't get a choice and either have to buy the CE or can't play the game at all. All you have to do is wait a month for the SE to come out.
And therefore, each week, when you see 2 new CEs, you also see 2 SEs that were CEs a month earlier.
I usually buy the SEs of a game that first came out as a CE. So I know that I will usually have at least 2 games to look forward to each week.

Go to: