gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Reviews for Red Crow Mysteries: Legion

[Post New]by gma5 on Nov 9, 11 1:32 AM
Ivan, Still having trouble with the drawer. Please come to comment thread and use messaging or spoiler alert.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 9, 11 1:33 AM
Hi Ivan

Thank you very much indeed for all the different options that you have given us to adapt the game to suit our individual styles of play , hopefully all the other people will be as happy as I am with my selections. Also thank you for the Achievements as there are quite a lot of people that like those in their games .

As you know I am a big fan of Cateia Games games and this one is no exception, I love it so far and the story is such that I want to know what happens and so it is a definite buy for me .

Cherb

PS ... Just one teeny weeny tiny thing ... please can you not help stuck people in this thread as it is the wrong one but perhaps you could open a separate one. The reason for this is that it will spoil it for people in later time zones who come to read the reviews before playing the game at all and thus they will see the solution before seeing the actual puzzle.

Thank you in advance for this consideration.

Regards, Cherb

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 4:15:52 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 9, 11 1:35 AM
This game was made by Cateia Games.

There are quite a few choices in the "Option" section, among others whether you want sparkles or not. Also, this game plays automatically in widescreen mode on my laptop, filling out the whole of the monitor.

There is a choice of system and custom cursor. The custom cursor is a little heavy-handed for me, but shows me more options.

You have to collect 21 red roses in order to open more achievements.

The graphics of this game have an old-fashioned feel. Personally, I don't like them.
Gameplay is OK, but again, it has an old-fashioned feel - more of an adventure game than a HOG (hidden object game).

I wasn't overly enthusiastic about this game, and won't buy it. But I am sure there are fishies here who will like it.

Happy gaming everyone.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Nov 9, 11 1:43 AM
(This IS the review thread, but looking at the first gamerposts you could have fooled me )

Hi Ivan! Always great a developer joins in to answer our comments and questions! Welcome!

First my compliment because of the options menu. We can choose three modes to play: easy, casual and adventure, we can get rid of the sparkles (!), we can even choose not to hear the audio! Awesome. These options, and I haven't even mentioned them all, certainly should please everyone!

Within 5 minutes I've deceided to buy this game. It looks beautiful, the story is intresting, and there are voice-overs, which is a favorite feature to me.
OK, the graphics look a little grainy, but I suppose that's just the style of this game. I accept it, and am happy to be able to purchase a good game for the regular price!

If you like this game like I do: Enjoy!

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Nov 9, 11 1:44 AM
Welcome Ivanbral.Always good to see a developer here in the Forums.
I was stuck to begin with,a piece of painting didn't seem to fit,but did in the end.

This looks like an interesting game,and a buy for me

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Nov 9, 11 1:44 AM
Ivan, please come to the comments thread for those of us who are still stuck at the beginning of the game!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 9, 11 1:44 AM
Hi fishies,

Thanks for all the reviews, keep them coming! I'm just swimming by with a friendly reminder to reserve this thread for reviews only. If you're looking for some game help, please create a new thread in this forum by clicking on the "Create new discussion" button in the Red Crow Mysteries: Legion forum.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 9, 11 1:45 AM
ivanbral wrote:Hi everyone!
My name is Ivan and I'm the executive producer in Cateia Games - the developer behind Red Crow Mysteries: Legion...
It's already our tradition to come to this forum and chat with players. Also, I'm here to answer your questions and help / assist you if I can.
best, Ivan {clipped}

Hello Ivanbra! Thank you for another wonderful game. I am about 1 1/2 hours into it and I love it! Another fun gaming experience just as I enjoyed with Tales From Dragon Mtn. I also dropped by your website today and see two more great looking games in the works. I will be really looking forward to those as well. Thank you for all of your hard work to provide us with hours of enjoyment. We appreciate it and we also appreciate you coming into the forums.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Nov 9, 11 1:46 AM
gma5 wrote:Ivan, Still having trouble with the drawer. Please come to comment thread and use messaging or spoiler alert.

Spoiler................highlight to view

think of a 24 hour clock

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Nov 9, 11 1:49 AM
I will buy if a walkthrough comes out LOL!

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Nov 9, 11 1:51 AM
Hi, Ivan. I just purchased the game so that means I liked the demo. In your next game please include a journal or book where we can look at hints or pieces of paper or whatever without having to go back to the origin of the hints.

I like it that the inventory is at the bottom of the screen and not at the top of the screen or on the side. I just played a game with the inventory on the left and it nearly drove me crazy.

Thanks, Ivan.

Hi, Ivan!

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Nov 9, 11 1:52 AM
Hello, Ivan.

That's very nice when the executive producer of a developer goes into the trenches to solicit opinions. It is very much appreciated. I'll check out the game and then give you my comments.

One quick question though. You're not related to Ivan the Terrible are you? Bwhahahaha. Just joking with you.

Again, thanks for making yourself available here.

Edited on 11/09/2011 at 1:53:09 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 9, 11 1:59 AM
This is not an easy game. But I like it and buy it. Some of the puzzles are easy, but not all. It's more a adventure game. There is a lot to do. You can combine items. I love that.

I think this game is good for playing a lot of hours.

Thanks Ivan and BF.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Nov 9, 11 2:06 AM
This game was pretty good. I didn't have any issues with the gameplay as others have noted. The graphics and music were nicely done and I found the objects easily enough. The mini games weren't too bad and there was a skip button that came up fairly quickly if you needed it. I was disappointed when the demo hour was up. I would rate this game a 9 out of 10.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Nov 9, 11 2:11 AM
Hi Ivan,
I must say I do love this game but have just put a comment in the technical problem bit, I do hope this doesn't happen again as I've re-started the game under a different profile, have to go out now but will be back in touch later if I can't carry on with the game so you can tell me what I can do.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 9, 11 3:20 AM

My name is Ivan and I'm the executive producer in Cateia Games - the developer behind Red Crow Mysteries: Legion.
It's already our tradition to come to this forum and chat with players. Also, I'm here to answer your questions and help / assist you if I can

Looking forward to talk to you and hear your comments and suggestions on possible improvements for our next game.
And of course, I hope that you'll like Red Crow Mysteries: Legion

best,
Ivan

Ivan--the game is outstanding! (And thanks for the widescreen presentation)

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Nov 9, 11 3:31 AM
Can anyone give us an idea how long the game is? Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by ocgarden on Nov 9, 11 3:51 AM

My name is Ivan and I'm the executive producer in Cateia Games - the developer behind Red Crow Mysteries: Legion.
It's already our tradition to come to this forum and chat with players. Also, I'm here to answer your questions and help / assist you if I can.

@gma5 - I see you are stuck. Perhaps I can help you with that if you let me know where exactly

Looking forward to talk to you and hear your comments and suggestions on possible improvements for our next game.

best,
Ivan

DontPOP
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by DontPOP on Nov 9, 11 4:25 AM
I like the game. In your next game, please include a journal that puts all the little notes in it. That way we can refer back to the journal for the game hints. This is just a suggestion. Thank you.

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Nov 9, 11 4:27 AM

@gma5 - I see you are stuck. Perhaps I can help you with that if you let me know where exactly

best,
Ivan

Hi Ivan, it's great you're here to listen, that such a rare thing. I have to say I'm really liking the game, apart from the lions glitch but I know that is being worked on. One small niggle, you need a diary/notes/journal option for our heroine. I don't like being hand-held through games but I don't want to have to have a pen a paper by the computer in order to jot down notes that I know I'm going to need later. A prime example, and I'm only 30 or so minutes in, is the code from the plinth you then use to assign the nine symbols next to the gazebo. I had to write them down because the game didn't remember them.

Just an idea for the next one you make. I'm going to wait to finish playing as I'm caught in the lion glitch and I don't want to have to restart if there is a simple fix, but I do very much like what I've seen so far.

Thanks

Go to: